Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 14 Dec 2007, 23:02 (Ref:2089151)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
XBox 360 owners and retro game fans, get your cash ready...

Excuse me whilst I let out a squeal of delight.

*squeals in delight*

Because next Wednesday, XBox Live Arcade sees the release of an all time classic.

Yes! Sensible World Of Soccer is coming to the console! With online play!

Will it be a crushing disappointment, or will it be just as remembered? Nah, it'll be brilliant.

I pity those not old enough to have played this when it was new!
Old 15 Dec 2007, 11:21 (Ref:2089397)   #2
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
UOhooo. That will be something. Move over, FIFA Soccer, the kind has returned.
Old 15 Dec 2007, 14:28 (Ref:2089494)   #3
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Acctually i have to say the latest dashboard update was real good! I liked the reintroduction of XBOX Game downloads

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 15 Dec 2007, 14:32 (Ref:2089498)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, the new dashboard is great. Runs nice and quickly and smooth. And I keep resetting my console and loading disk tray to see that funky new dashboard fade-out. Actually, that's a lie, but I do like it.

XBox game downloads seemed a bit pointless though. Being a saddo, I prefer to seek out a mint original on eBay. (Incidentally, I only recently got a copy of Psychonauts, which is one of the first downloads. What a game, buy it now!)

I think what they could have done with the Originals is add achievements. They do add life to old games, particularly the Arcade games. I still wouldn't buy them, but it would be a good move by Microsoft I reckon to generate a bit more interest.

That helper guy is a bit creepy though. Tend to avoid him.
Old 15 Dec 2007, 14:35 (Ref:2089503)   #5
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeh know what you mean, I myself have pristine copies of Halo and Halo2 but i thought that it was a nice touch (altho im the opposite for the PC, i buy all my Games either on Steam or Direct2Drive).

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 19 Dec 2007, 16:33 (Ref:2092020)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

SWOS was released this morning and then pulled. Some got to download it, I wasn't so lucky (I may have still been in bed!).

It appears some muppet has uploaded a beta version by mistake and it can't be played on Live.

Oh dear. Still, should be sorted quickly enough.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 21:47 (Ref:2092277)   #7
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
god dangit

Old 20 Dec 2007, 11:29 (Ref:2092589)   #8
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Onoes

Old 20 Dec 2007, 12:27 (Ref:2092630)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Go away young man, ye know little about the classic retro gaming of yesteryear. Ye was in a cot when I was playing games like this.
Old 20 Dec 2007, 16:03 (Ref:2092767)   #10
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't help it if you're old!
Old 20 Dec 2007, 20:11 (Ref:2092931)   #11
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmunky
Can't help it if you're old!
omg! bbq! 1 am t3h l33t hax0r! pwn3d!*

*Translation: Excuse me young man, but you appear to be attempting to cause a disturbance with the older members of this family-friendly forum. I am even older than young Knowlesy. Polygons? I didn't know what one of those was until I was about your age young whipper-snapper! Sprites was what it was all about! And tape drives! The anticipation while you waited 10 minutes for a game to load! Well I hope that puts you in your place young man!

Old 21 Dec 2007, 07:42 (Ref:2093187)   #12
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I discovered another classic and one of my all time favorites yesterday: Speedball 2.

Dunno how I've missed it before, but can't wait to get a friend in front of the box and game away.
Old 21 Dec 2007, 13:23 (Ref:2093338)   #13
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudgun
omg! bbq! 1 am t3h l33t hax0r! pwn3d!*

*Translation: Excuse me young man, but you appear to be attempting to cause a disturbance with the older members of this family-friendly forum. I am even older than young Knowlesy. Polygons? I didn't know what one of those was until I was about your age young whipper-snapper! Sprites was what it was all about! And tape drives! The anticipation while you waited 10 minutes for a game to load! Well I hope that puts you in your place young man!

Ah you evil, evil man, i'm ill and laughing hurts my lungs. You just hurt my lungs. Over t'internet.

Old 25 Dec 2007, 14:36 (Ref:2094736)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempi
I discovered another classic and one of my all time favorites yesterday: Speedball 2.

Dunno how I've missed it before, but can't wait to get a friend in front of the box and game away.
Speedball 2, I am useless at it. I used to be able to play it really good, but not anymore! I need tips!

I'm addicted to Robotron at the moment. Another classic.

BTW - SWOS was put back up Friday and it is a gem. A dedicated Amiga port, with all the right music and graphics and modes (career mode is in there!). Absolutely unbelievably good, unlike my skills at it which have disintegrated.
Old 27 Dec 2007, 03:52 (Ref:2095192)   #15
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
u can buy a plug in and play system from firebox.com with sensible soccer on it ( yes the origonal ) only costs about £20 and comes with two mega drive style controllers