Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 6 Sep 2013, 09:37 (Ref:3299836)   #151
Nigel TV3
Racer

Nigel TV3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Great news Mark, cant wait to hear who it is.

One thing I am concerned about though is the delayed coverage of R4 from Taupo on TV3.

Last sunday when I got back from the racing I locked in the CRC program for sunday as it stated 'BNT V8 SuperTourers, Round 4 coverage from Taupo hosted by Shaun Summerfield'

I thought I should just check that this was still the case and I have concerns that this delayed coverage is not happening this sunday. Now the listing states Round 5 of the NZ Road Race Championship from Taupo.

Is this a typo or are we not getting to see the TV coverage from Taupo?

Nigel, can you shed any light on this?
Hi NZSTfan, rest assured V8ST Round 4 Taupo goes to air on CRC Motorsport this Sunday. The TV deal with ST Management only came together 4 weeks ago and our Programme Billings have been with print publications for over 6 weeks. I wanted the Taupo Round to go to air as same day coverage but it was to late to change the CRC Programme Schedule. I have managed to programme the Enduros with same day coverage. Race 3 from Taupo is epic.. Not to be missed.

Regards
Nigel TV3
Old 6 Sep 2013, 09:57 (Ref:3299845)   #152
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Phew! Cheers Nigel.....the program description on the tv (I have sky) did say coverage a week ago but had changed when I checked tonight.
I guess I understand why thats happened now so thanks mate
Can't wait to see it......especially r3
Old 6 Sep 2013, 18:18 (Ref:3299959)   #153
BackSeat Driver
Racer

BackSeat Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Morris to partner Andre again according to V8ST website
Old 6 Sep 2013, 19:02 (Ref:3299966)   #154
onza
Rookie

onza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackSeat Driver View Post
Morris to partner Andre again according to V8ST website
Crash bang cheat smash. Repeat as nessessary
Old 7 Sep 2013, 01:16 (Ref:3300060)   #155
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Their so similar in size etc that the driver changes will be slippery like grease! Thats one of the images that I cant erase from last year....morris leaving and andre getting it. It reminded me of trying to push a giant potato into an eggcup. Still, I hear he's a top bloke with loads of knowledge and genuinely loves the cars.
Any news on Booths partner?
Old 8 Sep 2013, 04:22 (Ref:3300373)   #156
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kudo's to the team who handled last weekend's Taupo ST coverage. It's a metric arsetonne better than what was served at round three. Decent camera-work, good editing and cuts - all round a lot more slick. Onwards and upwards
Old 8 Sep 2013, 05:11 (Ref:3300376)   #157
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HProject View Post
Kudo's to the team who handled last weekend's Taupo ST coverage. It's a metric arsetonne better than what was served at round three. Decent camera-work, good editing and cuts - all round a lot more slick. Onwards and upwards

Agreed HP, and high fives for Nigel Carpenter, who produced and directed the coverage. Roll on the Enduro's, with more big names to be released in the next few day's.

Old 8 Sep 2013, 06:13 (Ref:3300381)   #158
Nigel TV3
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Agreed HP, and high fives for Nigel Carpenter, who produced and directed the coverage. Roll on the Enduro's, with more big names to be released in the next few day's.

On behalf of the CRC Motorsport Team thanks for the pat on the back.. All credit to Shaun and the production team for their skill, hard work and support for the ST category. I only wish I could have given more air time to today's production.. That has been sorted for the Enduros.

Cheers
Nigel
Producer CRC Motorsport
TV3
Old 8 Sep 2013, 06:32 (Ref:3300383)   #159
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Awesome show today Nigel......just like what it used to be and the puke round can be canned to the annals of history!
Great to see Shauns friendly face hosting the round and what appears to be a more prominent stamp on the series from tv3.
Great stuff and just what was needed to bring a bit more consistency and quality to the top v8 category in NZ.
HP.... metric arsetonne.....lmfao
Old 8 Sep 2013, 06:37 (Ref:3300384)   #160
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just like to add to the list of people saying well done on the coverage. It was 1000% better than round 3 (Puke) and am looking forward to the live coverage resuming for the enduro's.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 06:43 (Ref:3300385)   #161
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
In race 3, the start incident, did SVG baulk the others at the start? I thought maybe he didn't accelerate until the line whilst some behind speed up a bit soon?
And did the 3rd car inline punt McLaughlin into him? That's what it looked to me but the commentators seemed to be blaming McLaughlin.
And what was the smoke from Murphys car?
Old 8 Sep 2013, 06:51 (Ref:3300388)   #162
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Brick View Post
In race 3, the start incident, did SVG baulk the others at the start? I thought maybe he didn't accelerate until the line whilst some behind speed up a bit soon?
And did the 3rd car inline punt McLaughlin into him? That's what it looked to me but the commentators seemed to be blaming McLaughlin.
McLaughlin was very, very quick to point the finger at Heimgartner nailing him from behind (as evidenced by his Facebook activity post-race). He was quick to point the finger at Heimgartner after the little contact they had in race 1 too.

I don't think Heim was at fault in either instance though. No idea what went on with SVG. It was never elaborated on at Taupo either. All in all a bizarre incident.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 06:53 (Ref:3300389)   #163
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Maybe he's gone all James Bond and his car has a few 'gadgets' to put off the other drivers.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 07:26 (Ref:3300395)   #164
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Average coverage, you have a guy up and down pit lane with a camera and nothing showen after the eace 3 crash. Shane Drake is terrible all this is manufactured etc.

Race 2 lap 8 to lap 17 nothing much happened in that time apart from grass growing so supertourers is boring?
Old 8 Sep 2013, 08:09 (Ref:3300403)   #165
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

At a guess I would say they load the car up on the accelerator and brake on the roll to the start,
and maybe he was a bit too loaded and it was front tyre smoke?
Old 8 Sep 2013, 08:11 (Ref:3300404)   #166
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
Average coverage, you have a guy up and down pit lane with a camera and nothing showen after the eace 3 crash. Shane Drake is terrible all this is manufactured etc.

Race 2 lap 8 to lap 17 nothing much happened in that time apart from grass growing so supertourers is boring?
A beacon of positivity as always
Old 8 Sep 2013, 08:14 (Ref:3300406)   #167
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I put the gaps and defects in coverage down to the late scheduling and not having more time.
The only one (I didn't see all of it) I swore about was when they cut away from the Gaunt/SVG battle just as they approached the braking zone. Fair enough they needed to show the winner cross the line, but I reckon a jump back in time a few seconds to show SVG/Gaunt get through the chicane would have been worth it.

That and a few more replays at differing angles/cameras would have been good.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 08:33 (Ref:3300410)   #168
Nigel TV3
Racer

Quote:
I put the gaps and defects in coverage down to the late scheduling and not having more time.
The only one (I didn't see all of it) I swore about was when they cut away from the Gaunt/SVG battle just as they approached the braking zone. Fair enough they needed to show the winner cross the line, but I reckon a jump back in time a few seconds to show SVG/Gaunt get through the chicane would have been worth it.

That and a few more replays at differing angles/cameras would have been good.
SB.. You are correct regarding gaps in the footage, the deal was only done with ST Management 3 weeks ago. I could only schedule 1.5 Hours at such late notice... The Gaunt/SVG battle was brilliant, and I nearly missed the finish, but can you imagine the uproar if I missed Ant and Johnny Mac crossing the finish line?.. We will have a few more resources at HD for the Enduro's so hopefully it will satisfy everybody.

Cheers.. Nigel
Old 8 Sep 2013, 08:35 (Ref:3300412)   #169
JamesK
Racer

JamesK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HProject View Post
McLaughlin was very, very quick to point the finger at Heimgartner nailing him from behind (as evidenced by his Facebook activity post-race). He was quick to point the finger at Heimgartner after the little contact they had in race 1 too.

I don't think Heim was at fault in either instance though. No idea what went on with SVG. It was never elaborated on at Taupo either. All in all a bizarre incident.
New start rules distributed 29th, 2 days before race day.
"Rolling Start Procedure for BNT V8 Supertourers Race one, two and three
When red start lights extinguished you may increase your speed and must maintain your grid position.
There is to be no passing until you cross the start line."

Giz as on pole could set whatever the pace right up to the start line, which he did, unfortunately some drivers rear of Scotty put their foot up it when the lights went out. Heimgartner particularly.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 08:43 (Ref:3300419)   #170
Jackkofoed
Rookie

Jackkofoed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
Giz as on pole could set whatever the pace right up to the start line, which he did, unfortunately some drivers rear of Scotty put their foot up it when the lights went out. Heimgartner particularly.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
Seen Andre's on board and you can clearly hear/see that he's getting pushed from behind...
Old 8 Sep 2013, 08:51 (Ref:3300423)   #171
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A shot of the podium would have been a lot better for the fans at home, rather than the interview at the end with Murphy. Someone in the team should go and buy some happy pills for Greg. It doesn't cost much money to give the commentators race radio so they know what is actually going on in the race...
Old 8 Sep 2013, 09:00 (Ref:3300424)   #172
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
Someone in the team should go and buy some happy pills for Greg.
I wouldn't be happy either if Summersby duffed the end of my interview at the first shot, then had to ask me to replay it to the cameras.

I don't think Murph was too happy with winning in that fashion either - referencing his finger-point at the category judiciary.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 09:07 (Ref:3300425)   #173
Nigel TV3
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
A shot of the podium would have been a lot better for the fans at home, rather than the interview at the end with Murphy. Someone in the team should go and buy some happy pills for Greg. It doesn't cost much money to give the commentators race radio so they know what is actually going on in the race...
Hi Jerico, TV Production was supplied with a Race Radio but it was never used by Race Control...we were very frustrated about not getting any information during the Races. I understand Race Control and Judiciary were in the same room and they chose not to use the Radio's.. Priceless.. So Jamie and Shane did a great job considering the situation..
Old 8 Sep 2013, 10:02 (Ref:3300437)   #174
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
"Rolling Start Procedure for BNT V8 Supertourers Race one, two and three
When red start lights extinguished you may increase your speed and must maintain your grid position.
There is to be no passing until you cross the start line."

100 Percent correct about the start rule JK, but 100 Percent wrong about Heimgartner, as Jack Kofoed has already posted, Andre got the big push from behind, and I personally viewed the video coverage.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 03:02 (Ref:3300780)   #175
isoskim
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
isoskim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nigel - will the races be available on demand as they previously were?