Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Oct 2001, 03:47 (Ref:154086)   #1
WheelMan
Rookie

WheelMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good News?

It was announced on NZ tv yesterday that Kiwi driver Ashley Stitchbury will be driving with Paul Morris at Bathurst this weekend.

Does this mean that Matt Neal is out?
Old 1 Oct 2001, 04:03 (Ref:154090)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I havent heard anything about this at all Wheelman..wonder what the go is there?

if Stitchbury does get the drive I just hope him and Craig Baird can stay away each other because to renew their little relationship at bathurst could be disastorous.

good luck to him if this is true anyway
Old 1 Oct 2001, 07:08 (Ref:154120)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmmm, another piece falls into the puzzle I guess...there have been some interesting people with Morris of late...
Old 1 Oct 2001, 07:33 (Ref:154127)   #4
nz_tourer
Rookie

nz_tourer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Awesome news, man I am stoked. Matt Neal is racing the next weekend and his team wouldn't let him race because of America and the possibility of travel troubles. A Konica drive with the Big Kev team for next year is looking better now, here comes Ashley. Im sure he will be on the pace at Bathurst, I was told he is doing the 30 lapper on Sat too. Man Im just stoked, Im gonna have a brew and get merry.
Old 1 Oct 2001, 11:21 (Ref:154193)   #5
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

This is fantastic news. Nothing much else to say really...I'm just so happy Matt Neal's stupidity will not be a factor in this weekend's race.
Old 1 Oct 2001, 11:26 (Ref:154195)   #6
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Buckshot
This is fantastic news. Nothing much else to say really...I'm just so happy Matt Neal's stupidity will not be a factor in this weekend's race.

The whole of Australia breathes a big "sigh" of relief.
Old 1 Oct 2001, 15:25 (Ref:154277)   #7
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was under the impression Neal's deal with RJN Motorsports in the European Touring Car Championship to drive the Nissan Primera was on a round by round basis, and as he has no chance of winning the ETC this year, and has shown himself to be a fairly big fan of V8s, it doesn't add up at the moment. The part that does make sense is not being able to get home.
Old 1 Oct 2001, 20:46 (Ref:154494)   #8
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heaven forbid he should accidently get stuck here on a permanent basis...ye gods !
Old 1 Oct 2001, 22:22 (Ref:154559)   #9
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's simply a big worry over the air arrangements that is keeping him in Europe...oh well
Old 2 Oct 2001, 02:48 (Ref:154640)   #10
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I guess the same could be said for John Cleland as well..I hope he makes it and in a way i would have liked to have seen Matt Neal make amends for last year..but to see Ashley Stitchbury have a crack at V8's will be very good as well.
Old 2 Oct 2001, 02:59 (Ref:154641)   #11
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
And it is interesting that Stichbury will be racing for Morris in the Konica Series next year... and there are some strong rumours about that they will also field 2 cars in the SCS. There is the new car, the old car, the car Neal crunched that is ready to roll, and another car coming along (as well as the VS)...no wonder they don't have time to do Super Touring...
Old 2 Oct 2001, 05:02 (Ref:154654)   #12
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
i would have liked to have seen Matt Neal make amends for last year
How about Skaife and Crompton pants him on the podium and then throw him to the mob on the mountain....that'd be fair.
Old 2 Oct 2001, 14:49 (Ref:154791)   #13
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
ohhh your a hard man buckshot thats for sure

ok maybe i should have said "Have a chance to make amends"

I guess we will never know ???
Old 3 Oct 2001, 06:05 (Ref:155163)   #14
Michael H
Racer

Michael H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am confused as to why Matt would have to be in Belgium the following weekend, as was reported. The next ETCC round is Oct 21.