Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Apr 2014, 00:53 (Ref:3398578)   #326
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty sure I saw him on the telecast of the last round.
(Someone made comment on his hair looking the same since the 80's, ha)
Old 27 Apr 2014, 04:39 (Ref:3398613)   #327
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
If we could actually make some of the segments more serious it might improve the show.
That is 90% of the telecast. Its kindergarten corner for 2 hours except for when its a tele commercial telling you that its the greatest, most intense, pressure motorsport known to the universe.

Pass!
Old 27 Apr 2014, 05:08 (Ref:3398618)   #328
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Today's coverage suggests the telecast needs a third presenter.

Is Mr McAvaney available?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 27 Apr 2014, 05:36 (Ref:3398624)   #329
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No.

Just no.
Old 27 Apr 2014, 05:44 (Ref:3398627)   #330
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
No.

Just no.
Mr Noonan is not the answer. Who else at #7 can do the job ?
Old 27 Apr 2014, 06:18 (Ref:3398634)   #331
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mr Beretta?

All they need is an anchor, not a race-caller. They've already got two of those.
Old 27 Apr 2014, 06:37 (Ref:3398639)   #332
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Noticed on the C7 team and microphones, " LIVE AND FREE" a bit of a dig against next years TV rights .

Old 27 Apr 2014, 06:43 (Ref:3398642)   #333
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
Noticed on the C7 team and microphones, " LIVE AND FREE" a bit of a dig against next years TV rights .

well live except when the ads are on.
Old 27 Apr 2014, 06:43 (Ref:3398643)   #334
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Mr Beretta?

All they need is an anchor, not a race-caller. They've already got two of those.
Mr Beretta isnt going to be allowed to be serious enough, and would likely be brought into the mob mentality of picking on each other.

I keep thinking #7 will pick someone like Larry Emdur or Andrew O'Keefe...
Old 27 Apr 2014, 20:37 (Ref:3398914)   #335
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Chad Neylon?

He was doing on-track commentary for the Supercars over the course of the weekend and I thought he was very polished.
Old 27 Apr 2014, 22:47 (Ref:3398965)   #336
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Whether he could be or not, he won't be the answer.

As much as we all complain about C7 and C10 - I want V8TV gone. They run this show.

If they're still doing production next year, when and how does the promised 'full FoxSports treatment' get applied?

Having recently signed up for the Foxtel Play online service on a free trial, I watched their treatment of NRL over the C9 version. Miles better. The commentary was serious and informed without the rubbish that C9 commentary puts on, which is similar to what we get with the V8 crew.

No class clowns making lame jokes even dads cringe at. If you don't have something intelligent to say, they don't say anything. That's the treatment that I want from FoxSports next year if they want me to keep my subscription going.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 13:38 (Ref:3399210)   #337
naca
Racer

naca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I expect that V8TV will still do the production although they will be able to up their game in terms of coverage due to the extra dollars, don;t know about the commentators, but I assume they will keep their current ones and maybe add mr noonan. Crailsy might be a good addition but don't think that would happen.

Was watching sports fans on 7mate and billy woods really is a pretty decent host, would be smart of fox to get him involved (which would be pretty easy given foxtel is half owned by telstra)
Old 3 May 2014, 02:42 (Ref:3401008)   #338
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by naca View Post
I expect that V8TV will still do the production although they will be able to up their game in terms of coverage due to the extra dollars
I think all the money from Foxtel is going to recoup there $160 milllion investment rather than going back into the product.
Old 3 May 2014, 09:30 (Ref:3401072)   #339
NinnyMan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
NinnyMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Been on there since Clipsal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
well live except when the ads are on.
And when it's not live....like some of the qualifying sessions.
Remember the 3 minutes they showed of Tassie's 10 minute qualy!!!!

You can tell its live when the word "LIVE" appears in the top right hand
corner next to the 7 logo watermark. When it reads "SPORT" it ain't live.
Old 4 May 2014, 00:21 (Ref:3401623)   #340
NinnyMan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
NinnyMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Noticed last night on the AFL coverage they had the same signage on their microphones,
so I think we can rule it out as being a dig at the V8 coverage rights changing over.
Old 18 May 2014, 09:09 (Ref:3407435)   #341
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At last some real numbers for people to base opinions of the deal on.Roy Masters wrote an article in the Sydney Morning Herald on Saturday about Rugby Union broadcasting rights contracts in which he gave numbers on recent V8 deals.Knowing how well connected he is I can guarantee they are 100% accurate.
The annual payments for the previous deal with 7 that started in 2007 were $27mill.When that deal concluded V8SA went asking for $65mill which was mockingly known in the TV industry as the V8 Stairway To Heaven.They eventually signed back on for $18mill (remember TV production costs have to come out of this).The new Fox/10 deal adds up to $35 mill.
No opinions just some numbers.
Old 18 May 2014, 12:23 (Ref:3407488)   #342
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
At last some real numbers for people to base opinions of the deal on.Roy Masters wrote an article in the Sydney Morning Herald on Saturday about Rugby Union broadcasting rights contracts in which he gave numbers on recent V8 deals.Knowing how well connected he is I can guarantee they are 100% accurate.
The annual payments for the previous deal with 7 that started in 2007 were $27mill.When that deal concluded V8SA went asking for $65mill which was mockingly known in the TV industry as the V8 Stairway To Heaven.They eventually signed back on for $18mill (remember TV production costs have to come out of this).The new Fox/10 deal adds up to $35 mill.
No opinions just some numbers.
Story Here
Old 18 May 2014, 22:49 (Ref:3407634)   #343
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yep, V8s really did overshoot, but that was in part because of the promises made by TC to Archer.

The current numbers quoted are around what V8s announced at Clipsal.
Old 20 May 2014, 17:16 (Ref:3408314)   #344
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't the latest deal with 7 different in regards to advertising revenues over previous deals? 7 now shares the revenue generated with v8s or something along those lines hence the lower upfront figure?
Old 21 May 2014, 06:39 (Ref:3408493)   #345
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell_End View Post
Isn't the latest deal with 7 different in regards to advertising revenues over previous deals? 7 now shares the revenue generated with v8s or something along those lines hence the lower upfront figure?
Yeah, there was a revenue-sharing component on advertising over and above certain levels.

Can't imagine there was much income from that though.
Old 21 May 2014, 13:41 (Ref:3408666)   #346
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
Yeah, there was a revenue-sharing component on advertising over and above certain levels.

Can't imagine there was much income from that though.

Haven't really been paying attention to the ads this year but in previous years 7media related companies seemed to be running a fair few ads so don't know how that would work
Old 31 May 2014, 10:04 (Ref:3413078)   #347
aussiemuscle308
Rookie

aussiemuscle308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope Ten do what Seven has been doing, with the race being telecast live on the primary channel (7) on the day, and then repeated on their secondary channel monday/tuesday (7mate). handy if you miss the race.
Old 31 May 2014, 18:26 (Ref:3413284)   #348
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemuscle308 View Post
I hope Ten do what Seven has been doing, with the race being telecast live on the primary channel (7) on the day, and then repeated on their secondary channel monday/tuesday (7mate). handy if you miss the race.
Ten are doing better than that, two lots of highlights on the night of the races
Old 1 Jun 2014, 01:12 (Ref:3413419)   #349
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemuscle308 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Ten are doing better than that, two lots of highlights on the night of the races
Yes - way better than showing the actual races
Old 1 Jun 2014, 03:02 (Ref:3413436)   #350
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
ten are showing the races live

Oh i see, we both just gave part of the story