Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 May 2015, 11:48 (Ref:3533945)   #1326
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
The viewers of live qualifying was up by over 100% on last year. according to tv numbers
Quote:
sorry, it was live on v8 tv at the track.
Well that's an interesting statistic. Twice as many people watched it this year when it was on as watched it last year when it wasn't. You'll forgive me if that gives me less than massive confidence in the way these things are compiled.

Is V8tv at the track big screens or those little hand held thingies? Either way, it's hardly a reasonable comparison, those who were at the track against those who could tune in from their armchair.

I can almost hear the PR meeting. "And we're thrilled that viewing figures are 100% up on last year"

"Was it on last year?"

"No, but one bloke from the street next door to the track managed to hack into the feed and watch if from his kitchen..."

"Excellent. So this year we got 2"
Old 4 May 2015, 12:19 (Ref:3533956)   #1327
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Well that's an interesting statistic. Twice as many people watched it this year when it was on as watched it last year when it wasn't. You'll forgive me if that gives me less than massive confidence in the way these things are compiled.

Is V8tv at the track big screens or those little hand held thingies? Either way, it's hardly a reasonable comparison, those who were at the track against those who could tune in from their armchair.

I can almost hear the PR meeting. "And we're thrilled that viewing figures are 100% up on last year"

"Was it on last year?"

"No, but one bloke from the street next door to the track managed to hack into the feed and watch if from his kitchen..."

"Excellent. So this year we got 2"
live qualyfying its so much awesome than the 3 plus hour delay we used to get.

and more people get to watch it live instead of seeing the results before hand, and we know from the posters on here that they dont watch things when its a highlights package and they know the results. So live Qualifying. Awesome
Old 4 May 2015, 12:59 (Ref:3533968)   #1328
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Sunday V8 Fox ratings: 63000

Back to Symmons Plains numbers...
But at least the live qualifying TV figures were up 100% .....

The excuse used for the low ratings on Sunday at Symmons was the World Cup final, presumebly their excuse this time will be the Mayweather fight.... what will be the excuse for Winton?

Surely the aim is for the Sunday viewers to be bigger than Saturdays....
Old 4 May 2015, 13:41 (Ref:3533981)   #1329
William5
Racer

William5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Things don't look to bright at Ten....

http://www.switzer.com.au/the-expert...me-outta-here/
I heard they were actually doing so much better. They only lost $13m this financial quarter. There advertising revenue which they get like 15-25% and plus they have got MasterChef launching tomorrow at 7.30. Compared this year to last year when they got 10-15%. There is a wild thought that Ten could run out of money within 2 years as they will need a cash injection.

I Am A Celebrity Get Me Outta Here!, Shark Tank and Gogglebox have done so well for them. It actually took viewers away from The Block and MKR
Old 4 May 2015, 20:09 (Ref:3534098)   #1330
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
But at least the live qualifying TV figures were up 100% .....

The excuse used for the low ratings on Sunday at Symmons was the World Cup final, presumebly their excuse this time will be the Mayweather fight.... what will be the excuse for Winton?

Surely the aim is for the Sunday viewers to be bigger than Saturdays....
In two weeks the NRL will have games running on Saturday, so I'd expect a lower number.

Still haven't seen Tens numbers, will be interesting considering the times they used to televise the replay.
Old 4 May 2015, 23:34 (Ref:3534139)   #1331
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
live qualyfying its so much awesome than the 3 plus hour delay we used to get.

and more people get to watch it live instead of seeing the results before hand, and we know from the posters on here that they dont watch things when its a highlights package and they know the results. So live Qualifying. Awesome
If someone was planning to watch qualifying on a few hours delay on 7 and didn't have the self control to not look up the results for those couple of hours I have only one piece of advice for them-GET A LIFE.
Old 4 May 2015, 23:43 (Ref:3534142)   #1332
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
If someone was planning to watch qualifying on a few hours delay on 7 and didn't have the self control to not look up the results for those couple of hours I have only one piece of advice for them-GET A LIFE.
how come you have never said that about people who have to do the same thing for the race. and on most sundays ie Winton next round , they have to wait less than an hour

Last edited by peckstar; 4 May 2015 at 23:53.
Old 4 May 2015, 23:54 (Ref:3534143)   #1333
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Despite the live-ness - 63,000 must be a pretty worrying number Pecky.

Putting in perspective - more people turned up Clipsal on the Friday (apparently) than the watch the Sunday coverage of Perth. #crisis
Old 5 May 2015, 00:00 (Ref:3534144)   #1334
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does Channel 10 replay their highlight packages during the week at all, or is it Sat & Sun night only??
Old 5 May 2015, 00:03 (Ref:3534146)   #1335
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Despite the live-ness - 63,000 must be a pretty worrying number Pecky.

Putting in perspective - more people turned up Clipsal on the Friday (apparently) than the watch the Sunday coverage of Perth. #crisis
Not worrying for me I get to watch it live

what numbers had they done their business case on DRT? hard to know if its worrying without those numbers

Now whos going to post the saturday nights highlights package numbers

More people turned up at Clipsal on the Friday than turned up at the whole bathurst 12 hour event. Must be worrying for the 12 hour

Last edited by peckstar; 5 May 2015 at 00:10.
Old 5 May 2015, 00:40 (Ref:3534157)   #1336
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Not worrying for me I get to watch it live

Now whos going to post the saturday nights highlights package numbers
Still looking for actual figures. What I can tell you is that the V8s were not in the top 20 watched programs on free to air on saturday night, or sunday from what I can tell.

The problem at the moment is that less and less people are watching TV, and this is even more so after 8:30pm, which may well hurt the FTA numbers from the weekend.
Old 5 May 2015, 00:44 (Ref:3534158)   #1337
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
Does Channel 10 replay their highlight packages during the week at all, or is it Sat & Sun night only??
Im thinking they dont. will be a summary on RPM on sunday though.

Fox will be replaying often though along with support series
Old 5 May 2015, 00:45 (Ref:3534159)   #1338
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Still looking for actual figures. What I can tell you is that the V8s were not in the top 20 watched programs on free to air on saturday night, or sunday from what I can tell.

The problem at the moment is that less and less people are watching TV, and this is even more so after 8:30pm, which may well hurt the FTA numbers from the weekend.
Cheers thanks,
Old 5 May 2015, 01:42 (Ref:3534172)   #1339
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
OK, so from what I can see, V8 Supercars on ONE HD also did not rate in the top 20 on the MultiChannel ratings card. Multi Channel ratings are all the 'other' FTA channels (GO, Gem, One, 7Mate etc). The numbers for Saturday night go down to 20th place (BEN AND HOLLY'S LITTLE KINGDOM - ABC 2 146000).

On Sunday the V8s on OneHD again didnt make the Top 20 on the MultiChannel list. Number 20 was A FRANKLIN & FRIENDS ADVENTURE: DEEP SEA VOYAGE on ABC2 with 164000 viewers.
Old 5 May 2015, 06:04 (Ref:3534208)   #1340
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Im thinking they dont. will be a summary on RPM on sunday though.

Fox will be replaying often though along with support series
Cheers Peck.
I forgot to set the HDD for the sunday package.
The one downside of the Fox set up is I can no longer put the races onto DVD. I figured for the smaller rounds the highlights will suffice but realised last night only Saturdays hour had been set.
Old 5 May 2015, 06:11 (Ref:3534212)   #1341
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Cheers Peck.
I forgot to set the HDD for the sunday package.
The one downside of the Fox set up is I can no longer put the races onto DVD. I figured for the smaller rounds the highlights will suffice but realised last night only Saturdays hour had been set.
How far back can you rewind the live teev? Will it go back as far as Sunday?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 5 May 2015, 09:07 (Ref:3534255)   #1342
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To summarise the current situation the following points can be presented.

1. There has been a marked increase in the number of hours broadcast although that increase is confined to Foxtel.

2. There has been a marked decrease in the number of hours broadcast on free to air television.

3. Qualifying is now shown live for all races which a number of people have posted they enjoy. However the ratings, comparing live qualifying this year with delayed qualifying last year shows that the delayed qualifying drew far more viewers. But that is to be expected - the number of potential free to air viewers far exceeds pay TV viewers.

4. The free to air viewer numbers are down, which even if the same commercial TV deal as last year was in place, with the only change moving to TEN, would also be the case. The same show on Seven will always rate higher than TEN.

5. With no history to guide us the Foxtel viewer numbers may be good - they may have peaked or they may increase, but there must be some concern over the numbers if minor rugby league events are more popular.
Old 5 May 2015, 09:31 (Ref:3534260)   #1343
William5
Racer

William5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chavez, if you have State of Origin on Nine and then got transferred to Ten it will do the exact same possibly more in figures. So its not always Seven or Nine sports will rate higher then Ten. If the sport got moved to a different network then the current network then so will viewers. Shows are the same as sport, it will do the exact same regardless of the network
Old 5 May 2015, 09:49 (Ref:3534272)   #1344
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by William5 View Post
Chavez, if you have State of Origin on Nine and then got transferred to Ten it will do the exact same possibly more in figures. So its not always Seven or Nine sports will rate higher then Ten. If the sport got moved to a different network then the current network then so will viewers. Shows are the same as sport, it will do the exact same regardless of the network
If we accept this as correct then the free to air numbers from Clipsal are even worse.
Old 5 May 2015, 13:11 (Ref:3534324)   #1345
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mark Beretta tweeted about the decline in audiences today. Citing that the Perth round was 1/10th of the audience who watched it 12 months ago
Old 6 May 2015, 00:40 (Ref:3534568)   #1346
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
How far back can you rewind the live teev? Will it go back as far as Sunday?
Its the Channel 10 Sunday highlight hour I was after GTR.
Its no biggy, I'll just have a missing race in my DVD set for the first time in 9 or so years (settle OCD, settle )
Old 6 May 2015, 00:53 (Ref:3534572)   #1347
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Its the Channel 10 Sunday highlight hour I was after GTR.
Its no biggy, I'll just have a missing race in my DVD set for the first time in 9 or so years (settle OCD, settle )
RPM is repeated on Friday a couple of times, but not the races
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 6 May 2015, 02:11 (Ref:3534589)   #1348
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
The previous deal had the races repeated on 7Mate in the days after the original telecast going to air.
Old 6 May 2015, 04:43 (Ref:3534602)   #1349
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I got home from the Historic Touring Car festival at Morgan Park at 8:30pm on Sunday. I went looking for the highlights package on my EPG and somehow overlooked it.

I was surprised and disappointed when it wasn't repeated on Monday, as I had made a point of avoiding the results. At least 7 gave the impression of actually caring about the sport and the fans, 10 aren't even trying.
Old 6 May 2015, 04:44 (Ref:3534604)   #1350
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
I got home from the Historic Touring Car festival at Morgan Park at 8:30pm on Sunday. I went looking for the highlights package on my EPG and somehow overlooked it.

I was surprised and disappointed when it wasn't repeated on Monday, as I had made a point of avoiding the results. At least 7 gave the impression of actually caring about the sport and the fans, 10 aren't even trying.
it was repeated at 11pm