Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 18 Aug 2020, 18:03 (Ref:3996274)   #1051
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To be fair to the ACO, that all seems pretty good. I've had events (running ones) where they just keep it and say tough, no refunds. To give a full refund like that is better than a lot of places are doing.
Old 19 Aug 2020, 06:22 (Ref:3996357)   #1052
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
So had you asked for that before the race went closed doors?
No. I had no interaction with them at all. Had they stuck with the village plan I would have asked for a deferral/credit note for 2021 but that conversation never got to happen. I had previously simply held the tickets when it was postponed fron Jun to Sep.
Old 19 Aug 2020, 07:36 (Ref:3996363)   #1053
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
So had you asked for that before the race went closed doors?
I think it is Frence law.
Old 19 Aug 2020, 09:20 (Ref:3996381)   #1054
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I only asked as (I assume) our group will simply want to transfer our allocation in it's entirety to 2021. We don't want to have to go through the pain of booking everything again. I wonder if they'll do anything about memberships? I renewed in May and will need to renew again before the 2021 race, by which time I'll have got nothing really for my membership....
Old 19 Aug 2020, 09:41 (Ref:3996386)   #1055
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I only asked as (I assume) our group will simply want to transfer our allocation in it's entirety to 2021. We don't want to have to go through the pain of booking everything again. I wonder if they'll do anything about memberships? I renewed in May and will need to renew again before the 2021 race, by which time I'll have got nothing really for my membership....
According to Helene at the ACO french law means they have to issue a credit note for the tickets, which you then use to pay (in part i suspect) for 2021 tickets that will need to be purchased in the normal way. There is no automatic transfer to 2021 tickets, however she did promise me that she would look after my allocation for next year as she handles the disability part of the ACO.
Old 19 Aug 2020, 12:22 (Ref:3996433)   #1056
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
There is no automatic transfer to 2021 tickets
It’s worth re-iterating this. The choice given to me is to use the credit note to buy 2021 tickets by May 31st OR do nothing and be refunded after Jun 1st.

No mention of membership.
Old 19 Aug 2020, 12:27 (Ref:3996436)   #1057
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
No i think membership will neither be refunded or extended, a loss unfortunately those of us who are members will have to take on the chin
Old 19 Aug 2020, 13:26 (Ref:3996445)   #1058
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for the info.
Old 20 Aug 2020, 09:55 (Ref:3996624)   #1059
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Covid numbers in the le mans area are on the rise, in line with most of France so i suspect the authorities in Paris will i am sure be looking at the big events planned in the next month or so, The tour and le mans must be vulnerable.
Old 20 Aug 2020, 10:44 (Ref:3996630)   #1060
pinkdigital
Rookie

pinkdigital should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the Tour will be OK for the most part. Expect the end of stage to be closed to public.
Old 24 Aug 2020, 14:33 (Ref:3997646)   #1061
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looks like France's reciprocal measures on UK visitors forcing them to quarantine on arrival will come in any day now. That would probably have put pay to UK fans attending the race even if they did allow fans.

As for the teams there will be exemption forms flying around everywhere you'd imagine.
Old 24 Aug 2020, 14:46 (Ref:3997647)   #1062
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well let us hope it does not cause anymore teams to pull out.
Old 24 Aug 2020, 16:51 (Ref:3997688)   #1063
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sarthre is on the banned travellist since today in the Netherlands, that means no traveling unless absultly nessesary. Lucky ACO already canceled my tickets.
Old 24 Aug 2020, 17:44 (Ref:3997698)   #1064
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
OK, so it seems as though the ACO's live streaming will be via the 24H-LeMans app. So does that mean the WEC app or something else? Details to follow next month....
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG  
Old 24 Aug 2020, 17:45 (Ref:3997699)   #1065
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Oh and this -

If you had access to the Member Area for 2020, you will soon receive a voucher to use when you renew your membership.
Old 24 Aug 2020, 18:38 (Ref:3997712)   #1066
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i had the same email, from what i read ACO members will get live video coverage on the new app
Old 24 Aug 2020, 19:57 (Ref:3997727)   #1067
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Oh and this -

If you had access to the Member Area for 2020, you will soon receive a voucher to use when you renew your membership.
For all the native english speakers, does this mean we will get a refund/discount on our membership for 2021?
Old 24 Aug 2020, 21:10 (Ref:3997733)   #1068
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i doubt it.
Old 24 Aug 2020, 21:33 (Ref:3997739)   #1069
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, it must mean something......
Old 24 Aug 2020, 21:39 (Ref:3997742)   #1070
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
you might get a 2020 cap, i hear they have a large number of them surplus to requirement.
Old 25 Aug 2020, 11:01 (Ref:3997822)   #1071
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I actually think that a free membership for another 12 months, or a reduced membership is entirely possible....
Old 25 Aug 2020, 12:02 (Ref:3997836)   #1072
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Ever the optimist Andrew
Old 25 Aug 2020, 12:17 (Ref:3997840)   #1073
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, they wouldn't say it if they didn't mean to give us something, would they?
Old 25 Aug 2020, 13:01 (Ref:3997848)   #1074
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well to be honest i have just written off my 2020 aco membership so anything we get back will be a bonus
Old 25 Aug 2020, 13:22 (Ref:3997853)   #1075
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think they know they have to give us something for it....