Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 9 Sep 2020, 16:22 (Ref:4001183)   #1126
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have a distinct feeling of de ja vu.
Old 9 Sep 2020, 16:50 (Ref:4001194)   #1127
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indeed so Peter, we haven't yet really discovered what the new 'normal' is and we've no idea what it will be in 9 months either....
Old 15 Sep 2020, 10:41 (Ref:4002563)   #1128
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Will probably use eurosport for pictures and RLM for sound.
Ten Tenths dutch spy is currently hidding in Malmedy just in case they open the doors to fans.
You're not thinking of Ton, are you?
Old 15 Sep 2020, 10:46 (Ref:4002565)   #1129
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Will probably use eurosport for pictures and RLM for sound.
Ten Tenths dutch spy is currently hidding in Malmedy just in case they open the doors to fans.
I'm not sure Malmedy is noticeably closer to Le Mans than the usual location of said spy.

Had it been a couple of weeks ago and Spa then I'll grant you that would have been a different story.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 10:55 (Ref:4002566)   #1130
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
I'm not sure Malmedy is noticeably closer to Le Mans than the usual location of said spy.

Had it been a couple of weeks ago and Spa then I'll grant you that would have been a different story.
I was thinking the same.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 11:13 (Ref:4002570)   #1131
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Just a reminder that there is a dedicated thread for comments about viewing the race....

https://www.tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141812
Old 15 Sep 2020, 13:18 (Ref:4002595)   #1132
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shouldn't this thread be closed as it is clear now no spectators will be in attendance?
Old 15 Sep 2020, 13:47 (Ref:4002599)   #1133
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No. I'll just take that as a silly question. We'll all be going - virtually. And if my son should post - actually....
Old 15 Sep 2020, 13:53 (Ref:4002602)   #1134
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes all the usual people will be there virtually, and i will probably end up watching more of the race than usual as fewer distractions
Old 15 Sep 2020, 14:06 (Ref:4002604)   #1135
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Yes all the usual people will be there virtually, and i will probably end up watching more of the race than usual as fewer distractions
not sure about that. 2 years in a row i stayed up from 7am saturday to 6pm sunday at the track with no problems....i cant do that at home on a comfy couch!
Old 15 Sep 2020, 16:29 (Ref:4002628)   #1136
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well i always managed to get some sleep on saturday night and have always got up before day break to watch the sunrise but as i usual drive home sunday i usually get some more sleep after watching the sun rise, This year i do not have to worry about driving home.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 16:30 (Ref:4002630)   #1137
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I've just ordered twenty-four bottles of beer.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 17:01 (Ref:4002637)   #1138
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
1 an hour, sounds perfect
Old 15 Sep 2020, 18:35 (Ref:4002661)   #1139
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
As you say Simon, virtually!!!
Here it is very special because now 4 days left to the race start and the town and around are very calm. In the fact it is a normal week. Absolutely no excitement around. Very special feeling!!!
I tried to go to the circuit but no surprise! Closed for 2 weeks now but nevertheless they put screens!!!Unless they disassemble them
The one at the dunlop curve is in place too. So who are these screens for? Maybe the ACO will call me on friday evening to be along the track on saturday............
And what I miss here are all these strange cars with a right side wheel that appear about 15 days before the race!!:
Attached Thumbnails
20200915_162122.jpg  
Old 15 Sep 2020, 18:43 (Ref:4002664)   #1140
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Oh man, thanks Eric. Now I picture it being a "regular" week in Le Mans and that bums me out. Then again, there was a certain special week in June that was just another week in Le Mans, so sadly we should all be getting used to this...
Old 15 Sep 2020, 19:00 (Ref:4002671)   #1141
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
So they have put up screens but no one to see them, perhaps there is a chance locals will be allowed in in limited numbers
Old 15 Sep 2020, 19:30 (Ref:4002676)   #1142
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
So they have put up screens but no one to see them, perhaps there is a chance locals will be allowed in in limited numbers
Unfortunately I don't think so!!
Old 15 Sep 2020, 19:31 (Ref:4002677)   #1143
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Oh man, thanks Eric. Now I picture it being a "regular" week in Le Mans and that bums me out. Then again, there was a certain special week in June that was just another week in Le Mans, so sadly we should all be getting used to this...
Yes sad! But next year to be positive!!!
Old 15 Sep 2020, 21:03 (Ref:4002687)   #1144
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
there are 2 "spectator" zones for those taking part in the event.

1) Arnage for those based outside the Bugatti circuit
2) Maison Blanche terracing

does this match up with the screen placement?
Old 16 Sep 2020, 00:01 (Ref:4002717)   #1145
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting they put the screens up! I guess they were committed. I wonder if they will show he race or adverts?
Old 16 Sep 2020, 07:46 (Ref:4002741)   #1146
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I wonder how many will be able to watch on the big screen? Just have to wait and see what they have planned for that. Hopefully it will be more the race rather than the adverts, otherwise there is no point
Old 16 Sep 2020, 08:07 (Ref:4002742)   #1147
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Drivers are known to use the screens for information at some circuits ...
Old 16 Sep 2020, 08:42 (Ref:4002747)   #1148
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
So we might not be there but one of ten tenths friends will be, emmanual Piro has been announced as the grand marshall and will be waving the flag. Have meet him several times now and so much better to have a man with real history waving the flag rather than a polititian/minor film star
Old 16 Sep 2020, 09:28 (Ref:4002753)   #1149
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Goodwood regular to boot.
Old 16 Sep 2020, 14:35 (Ref:4002790)   #1150
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Maybe not the greatest GP driver, but a great sportscar driver, who has put a lot into the sport and does his historic due to his passion. I can’t think of many better to do it