Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Jun 2004, 13:17 (Ref:1006911)   #26
Marlboro man
Rookie

Marlboro man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the main 'problem'is Schumacher. Of course Ferrari comes up with a very good car each year, but in my opinion it's Schumacher that makes it invincible.
This year he doesn't make mistakes like he did last year in the start of the season.
There is no other driver that can match his constant level of performance. Each driver has it's peaks (Sato, Rubens, Ralf, Juan and Button) but there no one thats always on top like Schumacher.
If we look at 1998 for instance, McLaren was very strong that season but because Schumacher was always on top of it and took maximum advantage of mistakes by Hakkinen en Coulthard so he managed to keep up until the last race.
Of the current drivers there's nobody who can do that, it's always different drivers that come in second or third.
Old 17 Jun 2004, 13:19 (Ref:1006914)   #27
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
that was one part of it that i didn't agree completely

thanks ST for editing my post . i forgot to post only a resume . and when i wanted to edit it. 10 minutes have passed

Last edited by Dani Filth; 17 Jun 2004 at 13:20.

Ciao Marco
Old 17 Jun 2004, 18:14 (Ref:1007206)   #28
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course 2005 will be exciting! It will be the first time since 1997 that Jacques Villeneuve will be in a decent car! Remember how exciting the last race of 1997 was?!? That's right...thought so
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 17 Jun 2004, 19:03 (Ref:1007277)   #29
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Stretching the envelope there Teddy......
Old 17 Jun 2004, 19:28 (Ref:1007301)   #30
RTH
Racer

RTH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is the same discussion we have every year about now - no reason for MS not to be champion again in 05
Old 17 Jun 2004, 19:31 (Ref:1007306)   #31
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We have to hope though!

Seriously, McLaren, BAR, Renault and Williams should all be even stronger next year than they are now.
Old 17 Jun 2004, 19:56 (Ref:1007325)   #32
QuickSilver
Racer

QuickSilver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*** NEWSFLASH ***

Dateline June 17, 2024 - Montreal Canada

Michael Schumacher drove his Ferrari to victory at the Canadian Grand Prix bringing his career total to 470 wins.

The 51 year old was quoted as saying, "I would like to thank the engineers, mechanics, everybody just did a superb job. The car preparation was fantastic. Today there was no problem, just bring it safely home without risking anything"

The German looks to be on form for his record 27th World Drivers Championship.

As with the previous 6 races so far this year, the rest of the teams sat on the paddock wall and watched the Ferrari ace circulate solo.
Old 17 Jun 2004, 19:59 (Ref:1007326)   #33
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very droll, Quicksilver
Old 17 Jun 2004, 22:41 (Ref:1007456)   #34
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by TeddyG
Of course 2005 will be exciting! It will be the first time since 1997 that Jacques Villeneuve will be in a decent car! Remember how exciting the last race of 1997 was?!? That's right...thought so

Actually it was Michael Schumacher in an inferior Ferrari that made that year exciting Teddy
Old 18 Jun 2004, 02:23 (Ref:1007511)   #35
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yoong...don't u get it?

JV had the decency and generousity to throw points away and let the competition catch up, making that season interesting and closely fought!

This year, MS didn't give others a sniffing chance...he just win and win, not giving away points to his underperforming rivals...hence people find it BORING!

Of course, nobody applaud MS/Ferrari back then for bringing the fight to Williams in 97, in what should otherwise have been a run-away year for Williams and their lead driver. And now, we blame Ferrari for having nobody do the same.

In all honestly, while it's satisfying (though not thrilling) to see Ferrari winning, i actually liked this season because for once, we have a very different "top 3 team" - Ferrari/BAR/Renault, which honestly nobody expected prior to Australia GP.

So to say F1 is predictable, surely you see this coming?

Last edited by Gt_R; 18 Jun 2004 at 02:28.
Old 18 Jun 2004, 16:59 (Ref:1008090)   #36
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R

Of course, nobody applaud MS/Ferrari back then for bringing the fight to Williams in 97.
:confused:
Old 18 Jun 2004, 18:37 (Ref:1008163)   #37
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From most of the "professional opinions" that I have read about 1997 was that while it was true that the Williams was the superior car for the FIRST HALF of the season the second half was much more even amongst Williams, Ferrari, and Williams. If you remember Renault had decided to pull out at the end of 1997 and had stopped development on the Williams engine at this time. Ferrari and McLaren then made serious inroads.
While the Williams may have still had a slight edge it is nothing compared to the dominance Ferrari and Shumacher have enjoyed a la 2001-2004!
In this respect I don't think anyone can say Villenueve's title was undeserved and still say that Shumi's last three titles are worth anything.
Villeneuve and Shumacher both pushed each other extremely hard that season and made it entertaining like no other season since, which is what this thread is supposed to be about.
I for one think that if Villeneuve is given a competitive car once again the two could push each other to that same level of excitment F1 fans have been craving since 97!

Last edited by TeddyG; 18 Jun 2004 at 18:37.
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 18 Jun 2004, 18:41 (Ref:1008166)   #38
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I suppose it's coincidence that the last "entertaining" season was in 1997. Come on Teddy G, there have been entertaining seasons since then.
Old 18 Jun 2004, 18:44 (Ref:1008167)   #39
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Jenks review of the 1992 San Marino GP makes good reading in teh light of this thread. It is in the 80s anniversary edition of Motorsport out now. I'll grab a quote from it later.