Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Nov 2018, 00:24 (Ref:3860448)   #401
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I am not even sure what this “partnership” arrangement means. The page says...

Can someone explain that to me?

Richard
I bought kit from these companies, they are now partners in my business!
Old 2 Nov 2018, 12:57 (Ref:3860553)   #402
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Even the slogan sounds like a scam. I'm guessing Haas due diligence process is easier to get through than others.
I guess that since HAAS are already fully funded, they can take the risk. If the cheques clear, great. If not, the Rich Energy stickers will fall off the car and no particular harm done I suppose.

It's wise for Williams to chase more established and creditable sponsors.

Are Williams really going to run two drivers who don't bring a budget in 2019? If Kubica really brings 10m Euro they may want to consider him for the second seat, or Markelov or Guttieriez for that matter.

Quote:
Is he selling bridges by any chance?
lol

It does seem strange that HAAS, a reputable company with tangible products and revenue, would want to associate themselves with this apparent charlatan!?

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 2 Nov 2018 at 13:02.
Old 2 Nov 2018, 17:20 (Ref:3860597)   #403
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not sure the US Tax office would agree that Mr Haas is reputable given his previous jail time.

Wise for Williams to stay clear of this one indeed.
Old 2 Nov 2018, 19:10 (Ref:3860609)   #404
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'm not sure the US Tax office would agree that Mr Haas is reputable given his previous jail time.

Wise for Williams to stay clear of this one indeed.
He was arrested by the IRS, for filing false tax returns and sentenced to two years and ordered to pay $75 million. However, he served 16 months because he made some deal and pleaded guilty.
Old 3 Nov 2018, 09:33 (Ref:3860682)   #405
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
According to Joe Saward, Claire is trying to find money to put Ocon in the car.

Rumours that BWT may move from FI to Williams with Ocon.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Old 3 Nov 2018, 11:14 (Ref:3860705)   #406
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Sounds good, I only hope it does happen
Old 5 Nov 2018, 11:59 (Ref:3861096)   #407
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Smedley is on his way out:

https://www.williamsf1.com/racing/ne...leave-williams
Old 5 Nov 2018, 12:02 (Ref:3861097)   #408
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
That's not good.
Old 5 Nov 2018, 12:39 (Ref:3861100)   #409
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It'll be interesting to see where (and when) he pops back up!
Old 5 Nov 2018, 13:42 (Ref:3861117)   #410
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Smedley says "I’m thoroughly looking forward to spending more time with my family before deciding on future opportunities.”

Is that code for 'Im on gardening leave'?
Old 5 Nov 2018, 13:55 (Ref:3861121)   #411
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think it's more "I've been flat out playing this silly game for 20 years and I'm going to have a break while I figure out how long to delay announcing any work with Formula E teams"
Old 5 Nov 2018, 15:20 (Ref:3861141)   #412
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
I think it’s more he’s been encouraged to go, and certainly not a surprise as I heard of unrest much earlier in the season.
Old 5 Nov 2018, 15:48 (Ref:3861146)   #413
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I think it's more "I've been flat out playing this silly game for 20 years and I'm going to have a break while I figure out how long to delay announcing any work with Formula E teams"
when does Massa start his FE journey?
Old 5 Nov 2018, 16:44 (Ref:3861155)   #414
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder if people have forgotten how Williams were backmarkers in 2011 with a dismal 5 points (2 points finishes)? They came back to good form since then, and I guess will do so again.
Old 5 Nov 2018, 17:18 (Ref:3861161)   #415
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
I wonder if people have forgotten how Williams were backmarkers in 2011 with a dismal 5 points (2 points finishes)? They came back to good form since then, and I guess will do so again.
They finished 3rd in the WCC in 2014 and '15 and 5th in the WCC in 2016 and '17.
Old 5 Nov 2018, 22:01 (Ref:3861230)   #416
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
I still cannot see the point of Kubica? Unless he pays huge money to sit in the pits..
Old 5 Nov 2018, 23:53 (Ref:3861249)   #417
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Williams should employ one the brothers that raced at the Australian F1 GP this year. He is available. Might not be willing however. Shame really.

Old 6 Nov 2018, 07:35 (Ref:3861294)   #418
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
I think it’s more he’s been encouraged to go, and certainly not a surprise as I heard of unrest much earlier in the season.
Encouraged to go????! For what reason?! The bloke got Williams back on their feet with Pat Symonds and has had to stand by and watch it all being flown into the ground!!!
Old 6 Nov 2018, 07:41 (Ref:3861295)   #419
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Encouraged to go????! For what reason?! The bloke got Williams back on their feet with Pat Symonds and has had to stand by and watch it all being flown into the ground!!!
Or maybe they’re exactly the ones who drove it into the ground.
Old 6 Nov 2018, 15:21 (Ref:3861375)   #420
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Smedley off to Formula E to see Felipe Baby?
Old 6 Nov 2018, 21:02 (Ref:3861454)   #421
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post

Look at it this way,if the job title is Head of Performance Engineering and the performance is as dire as we have seen this year,why would you retain the bloke?It certainly won't confuse any potential sponsors if you can tell them that the person responsible for the performance of your car after such a desperately awful year has moved on....
Old 7 Nov 2018, 00:21 (Ref:3861504)   #422
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
Look at it this way,if the job title is Head of Performance Engineering and the performance is as dire as we have seen this year,why would you retain the bloke?It certainly won't confuse any potential sponsors if you can tell them that the person responsible for the performance of your car after such a desperately awful year has moved on....
Two questions:
Was Lowe directly responsible for the 2018 car or was it just a rehash of the 2017 car?
If the 2018 car was his, how many compromises were forced on him?

Williams have now spent 18 months with Lowe finding his feet, and now as his tenure should start producing results they fire him and find someone else, seems crazy to me, but in line with Williams old revolving door employment policies.
Old 7 Nov 2018, 04:49 (Ref:3861532)   #423
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Two questions:
Was Lowe directly responsible for the 2018 car or was it just a rehash of the 2017 car?
If the 2018 car was his, how many compromises were forced on him?

Williams have now spent 18 months with Lowe finding his feet, and now as his tenure should start producing results they fire him and find someone else, seems crazy to me, but in line with Williams old revolving door employment policies.
When did they fire Lowe
Old 7 Nov 2018, 04:56 (Ref:3861535)   #424
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
When did they fire Lowe
Sorry, I got things crossed up, apologies.

Thinking one thing typing another!
Old 7 Nov 2018, 09:33 (Ref:3861583)   #425
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post

Or maybe they’re exactly the ones who drove it into the ground.
Not very likely Symonds left to make way for Lowe and Smedley doesn't design cars or choose drivers......