Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Jul 2018, 19:57 (Ref:3834348)   #76
Kris!
Rookie

Kris! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I picked a spot as soon as it went live, but within seconds it automatically gave me a different one so I guessed they were selling fast so just grabbed what ever they were offering.

I feel for those wanting more than one spot
Old 3 Jul 2018, 00:33 (Ref:3834381)   #77
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
Well done lad.

I thought I was quick off the mark but the powered sites were gonski.

Found a pair of 7.5x7.5 sites so that allows stacks of room...
Cheers AP, there was a heap of luck involved though.

Just like Trevor I was fighting the online system.
1 blue box available and its a small site. While trying to find what "small site" meant I was booted off ticketek twice for wasting their 3 minutes. At one point I was in a loop, being asked to log-in while my screen already showed me as being logged in. Then I got the Red box indicating I was out of luck, but had suspicion that the one site I had seen was actually still sitting in my basket but I couldn't get to the checkout page to finalise it.
VERY frustrating. Was carrying on like a porkchop at the wife, trying to decide what to do - do we grab it not knowing the site dimensions? Speed reading pages of stuff and getting her up to speed with the predicament
Should be a lot easier than that. I understand its popular and people want particular things but I didn't dare try a Saturday arvo phone call to ticketek for fear of missing out in that time. I'm impressed Trevor even managed to get hold of somebody by phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
I registered with Ticketek, it was the only reminder I got - there were bugger all sites available on the top of the hill, I wanted 4 sites together, I had no hope, the 'system' wouldn't let me book 4 at once, so I missed getting any on the top of the hill. I was getting ****ing angry. I have done this before, but a few years ago and it was pretty simple.

After an hour and a half of trying and getting angrier and angrier I rang Ticketek Newcastle (an interstate call for me) and booked them through them, the lady at the other end had all sorts of trouble as well, in the end she had to ring head office to get them - she was pretty ****ed as well. I finished up getting 4 in a row in The Chase

All the top of the mountain was sold out in 30 mins on Friday arvo - the only way to get 4 sites together was to ring Ticketek direct

Seriously considering just buying one site each year just to stay at the top of the list, even if we don't go
Trevor, are you saying you did receive a reminder from Ticketek notification system? I'm still waiting!

Good to hear you guys managed to get some adjacent sites at least.

Every year I see on TV these huge impressive setups around the circuit. Never considered the stress the people went through to lock in their spots.
Old 3 Jul 2018, 05:03 (Ref:3834393)   #78
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its not just accommodation at the track its also the surrounding suburbs. When I tried a number of years ago I got alot of knockbacks. Now I have a regular and they rebook me every time I leave, however this will be the last time for many years I think. Other motorsport events to attend and to travel too after 2018. Atleast I know where I can find a good place to stay when I next return.

Im pretty bl00dy excited I must say for 2018
Old 3 Jul 2018, 07:04 (Ref:3834399)   #79
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
Cheers AP, there was a heap of luck involved though.

Just like Trevor I was fighting the online system.
1 blue box available and its a small site. While trying to find what "small site" meant I was booted off ticketek twice for wasting their 3 minutes. At one point I was in a loop, being asked to log-in while my screen already showed me as being logged in. Then I got the Red box indicating I was out of luck, but had suspicion that the one site I had seen was actually still sitting in my basket but I couldn't get to the checkout page to finalise it.
VERY frustrating. Was carrying on like a porkchop at the wife, trying to decide what to do - do we grab it not knowing the site dimensions? Speed reading pages of stuff and getting her up to speed with the predicament
sounds like my place only I was probably angrier

Quote:
Should be a lot easier than that. I understand its popular and people want particular things but I didn't dare try a Saturday arvo phone call to ticketek for fear of missing out in that time. I'm impressed Trevor even managed to get hold of somebody by phone.
there is a number for Ticketek but was bloody hard to find and keep referring me to webpage anyway, I went to white pages and they listed the Newcastle one so I rang on the off chance and got lucky.

Quote:
Trevor, are you saying you did receive a reminder from Ticketek notification system? I'm still waiting!

Good to hear you guys managed to get some adjacent sites at least.

Every year I see on TV these huge impressive setups around the circuit. Never considered the stress the people went through to lock in their spots.
Yeah, I registered with Ticketek and they let me know in plenty of time

I was swearing (like the truck driver I used to be) and carrying on at the system, I was bloody angry. We wanted 4 sites in a square but had to be satisfied with 4 in a row - was lucky to get the 4 I think
Old 3 Jul 2018, 11:24 (Ref:3834426)   #80
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wonder why they cant just manage booking last year’s site again this year, like every hotel in the town?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 3 Jul 2018, 20:52 (Ref:3834474)   #81
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
who know's GTR, I am sure feedback will be given to Supercars about the very poor performance of Ticketek. Then again, knowing how Supercars works, Ticketek are probably giving Supercars a significant kick-back on each site sold

It really shouldn't be that hard
Old 4 Jul 2018, 00:34 (Ref:3834504)   #82
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
sounds like my place only I was probably angrier
Old 5 Jul 2018, 04:55 (Ref:3834737)   #83
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Those ticketing sites are the worst on the best of days so no surprises there.
How do the regulars end up getting the same multiple sites year in year out though ?
Old 6 Jul 2018, 01:29 (Ref:3834924)   #84
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
they didn't this year, it was a **** for some of them as well - they weren't notified either, couldn't book multiple sites etc
Old 6 Jul 2018, 05:02 (Ref:3834940)   #85
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Based on todays announcements Im glad to be going this year. I know he will be there going forward this seems like a major bathurst based on his full time gig comming to an end
Old 9 Jul 2018, 02:12 (Ref:3835589)   #86
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
That and the last year we will see a Falcon race at Bathurst
:-(
Old 9 Jul 2018, 05:02 (Ref:3835606)   #87
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
That and the last year we will see a Falcon race at Bathurst
:-(
I was hoping to see 2 things this year and 1 is unlikely to happen.

Watch the Twin Turbo run on the new bodied commodore.

See the New Mustang "mock up"

I guess I will see the latter !
Old 9 Jul 2018, 05:15 (Ref:3835608)   #88
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
I was hoping to see 2 things this year and 1 is unlikely to happen.

Watch the Twin Turbo run on the new bodied commodore.

See the New Mustang "mock up"

I guess I will see the latter !

Yeah I was keen to see the TT6 debut as well (originally slated for 2018 Clipsal)
But its a mute point now.
Old 9 Jul 2018, 07:04 (Ref:3835616)   #89
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:

Yeah I was keen to see the TT6 debut as well (originally slated for 2018 Clipsal)
But its a mute point now.
I saw the Mock Painted one at Barbagallo but not the same deal.
Old 9 Jul 2018, 20:02 (Ref:3835742)   #90
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
has anyone who purchased their camping tickets on 'black' Friday received them yet?
Old 10 Jul 2018, 01:46 (Ref:3835786)   #91
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
No, haven't seen the campsite tix yet.
15 working days is not up yet though.
Old 12 Jul 2018, 05:32 (Ref:3836218)   #92
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Those ticketing sites are the worst on the best of days so no surprises there.
How do the regulars end up getting the same multiple sites year in year out though ?
It was 'grandfathered' if you'd been there before, you got first dibs in the sites. We've been at the same sites since '93.
Old 12 Jul 2018, 07:41 (Ref:3836230)   #93
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos WTF View Post
It was 'grandfathered' if you'd been there before, you got first dibs in the sites. We've been at the same sites since '93.
So you get first dibs each year ? Before the general public ?
Old 12 Jul 2018, 21:23 (Ref:3836381)   #94
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Now that I've actually seen the place, I'm getting seriously jealous of you all being able to go there!
Old 13 Jul 2018, 05:00 (Ref:3836431)   #95
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Now that I've actually seen the place, I'm getting seriously jealous of you all being able to go there!
Took me over 30 years to get here and WOW, not a bad viewing area in sight !
Im counting down the days already. This will be my last for the forseable future as Im trying to get to travel and also catch an F1 event next on my list....Singas Im thinking
Old 28 Jul 2018, 12:55 (Ref:3839295)   #96
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Tickets are all due for payment this week or next for Corporate Payment that means less that 60 days to go...................NOT COunting
Old 30 Jul 2018, 01:51 (Ref:3840087)   #97
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Anybody seen their Campsite tickets yet?

Anxiety is kicking in, I want those tickets in my hand.
Old 30 Jul 2018, 06:27 (Ref:3840106)   #98
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
mine are listed on my Ticketek account, I believe they will be out mid September - not confirmed though
Old 30 Jul 2018, 14:44 (Ref:3840177)   #99
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
mine are listed on my Ticketek account, I believe they will be out mid September - not confirmed though

Payment for Corporate is 60 days out so cant be far behind
Old 31 Jul 2018, 00:48 (Ref:3840246)   #100
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Quote:
Cheers for reply.

I was very surprised how quickly my Grandstand tix were sent..... the obvious thought was the campsite tix would be sorted just as fast.

Will ask again at some point I'm sure, (as the level of concern increases )