Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Dec 2020, 12:45 (Ref:4023237)   #701
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Has there been anyone testing since the 2020 season conclusion?
Exclr8 were out a couple of weeks ago with Nathan Harrison, although that was as a price for winning the MINI JCW series.

HARD have been out at Donington with a competition winner.

I don't think there's been much, if anything, that would be considered proper testing.
Old 16 Dec 2020, 15:11 (Ref:4023269)   #702
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Exclr8 were out a couple of weeks ago with Nathan Harrison, although that was as a price for winning the MINI JCW series.

HARD have been out at Donington with a competition winner.

I don't think there's been much, if anything, that would be considered proper testing.
Competition winner ? Was that the raffle for the car?
Old 16 Dec 2020, 15:14 (Ref:4023271)   #703
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Competition winner ? Was that the raffle for the car?
There was 2 raffles each for a days testing in the CC. One has already been done, the other is happening soon.
Old 16 Dec 2020, 15:56 (Ref:4023278)   #704
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
There was 2 raffles each for a days testing in the CC. One has already been done, the other is happening soon.
What happens when some random wins the raffle and proceeds to bin the car? Given HARD's form this year the car will break down before they have a chance anyway
Old 16 Dec 2020, 16:12 (Ref:4023280)   #705
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
What happens when some random wins the raffle and proceeds to bin the car? Given HARD's form this year the car will break down before they have a chance anyway
You know there's more than one CC?
Old 16 Dec 2020, 19:31 (Ref:4023309)   #706
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
You know there's more than one CC?
Bin the car and Big Tony gives you a damage bill, which you'll spend years at #HARD paying off!

I would be surprised if Carl is anywhere other than with Tony. Carl doesn't have a TBL, and unless things have changed Tony has 4 TBLs, 3 Leons in build, 2 Turtle Doves and a Partridge in a Pear Tree.
Old 16 Dec 2020, 19:40 (Ref:4023312)   #707
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Tony is planning on putting 2 Turtle Doves and a Partridge in a Pear Tree on the grid next year, he is going to need more TBL's.
Old 16 Dec 2020, 19:50 (Ref:4023314)   #708
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Bin the car and Big Tony gives you a damage bill, which you'll spend years at #HARD paying off!

I would be surprised if Carl is anywhere other than with Tony. Carl doesn't have a TBL, and unless things have changed Tony has 4 TBLs, 3 Leons in build, 2 Turtle Doves and a Partridge in a Pear Tree.
If Jelley moves on from Parker, they’ll have a TBL to run Boardley potentially or he might purchase one to go with his car as there is some trading of the TBL’s taking place.
Old 16 Dec 2020, 22:09 (Ref:4023338)   #709
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
My guess is the Parker TBL moving on. But it's no more than a Northern Monkeys hunch.

As for #HARD, I just don't see Tony wanting to downsize. Unless he's had a rethink and can bring in enough income from 3 "better" cars to balance the books. I only put the better in quotes 'til we see them, I can't imagine anything other than a big step forward from the venerable CC.
Old 16 Dec 2020, 22:53 (Ref:4023348)   #710
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
If Jelley moves on from Parker, they’ll have a TBL to run Boardley potentially or he might purchase one to go with his car as there is some trading of the TBL’s taking place.
Is it Jelley or Parker who owned the TBL? My understanding was that Jelley owned the car and TBL, Parker ran the car for him.
Old 17 Dec 2020, 07:47 (Ref:4023375)   #711
Spanner monkey
Racer

England
Norwich
Spanner monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jelly will be off to WSR. So maybe he'll sell/lease his car & TBL to Parkers.
Maybe Tony will then sell a TBL to Boardley to help fund the Cupra project?
Old 17 Dec 2020, 09:22 (Ref:4023379)   #712
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Looks like we will have to wait till after xmas for anymore annoucements
Old 17 Dec 2020, 09:55 (Ref:4023388)   #713
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner monkey View Post
Jelly will be off to WSR. So maybe he'll sell/lease his car & TBL to Parkers.
Maybe Tony will then sell a TBL to Boardley to help fund the Cupra project?
That's a good point - there are only 3 Cupras being built, so if Boardley pulled out for some reason then HARD could lose the TBL. It would make sense to sell it on to Boardley (or anyone else) to raise some funds.
Old 17 Dec 2020, 10:41 (Ref:4023397)   #714
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Is there a reason you think we won't get any more announcements this side of the 25th? Or is it a hunch?
Old 17 Dec 2020, 12:02 (Ref:4023412)   #715
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don't think the teams are thinking about testing atm, they are probably just happy to have a break and are concentrating no doubt on getting a budget for 2021
They're definitely thinking about testing. Even planning testing. They just aren't doing it at the moment.

..but then it is very rare that they would this soon after the end of the season.

I fully expect a handful of teams to head to warmer climes in February, and others to be testing at Snetterton, Oulton and Donington
Old 17 Dec 2020, 12:22 (Ref:4023415)   #716
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Teams in other championships are off testing already - Elite are over in Valencia with their new F3's.
Old 17 Dec 2020, 14:30 (Ref:4023435)   #717
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Is there a reason you think we won't get any more announcements this side of the 25th? Or is it a hunch?

It’s an educated hunch at this time. Certainly can’t think anyone would make an announcement so close to Christmas with the season still far away. Haven’t seen any clues to suggest there will be an annoucement
Old 17 Dec 2020, 14:40 (Ref:4023438)   #718
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
That's a good point - there are only 3 Cupras being built, so if Boardley pulled out for some reason then HARD could lose the TBL. It would make sense to sell it on to Boardley (or anyone else) to raise some funds.
Or they could just run a CC as the 4th car? It's still ok on age isn't it?
Old 17 Dec 2020, 15:21 (Ref:4023444)   #719
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There is a big announcement that could come before Christmas, all signed and sorted and originally planned for New Year, but may now come earlier.
Old 17 Dec 2020, 15:51 (Ref:4023449)   #720
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Or they could just run a CC as the 4th car? It's still ok on age isn't it?
The CC is eligible for another year but I can't see HARD running one in BTCC again
Old 17 Dec 2020, 16:27 (Ref:4023460)   #721
Tja
Racer

Tja should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
At the very least, the Simpson TBL should be available from TOCA right away and given the current economic situation, I wouldn't be too surprised to see one or two more entries to drop off - so what money would you be able to raise from a single TBL? Serious question this, I mean there's no other value to them other than the spot on the grid right? If I remember correctly, Supercars' RECs were connected to money from TV deals, but is there anything like this in BTCC?
Old 17 Dec 2020, 19:10 (Ref:4023472)   #722
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jack Butel has an announcement tomorrow at 4pm. No clues really other than BTCC and Kwik Fit tagged.

Suggesting it’s a big announcement. A Cicely BMW?!?!?!
Old 17 Dec 2020, 19:24 (Ref:4023476)   #723
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
Jack Butel has an announcement tomorrow at 4pm. No clues really other than BTCC and Kwik Fit tagged.

Ah yes, the winner of the anonymity award for 2020. I'm not sure if remaining with the same team qualifies as a big announcement?
Old 17 Dec 2020, 19:27 (Ref:4023477)   #724
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Ah yes, the winner of the anonymity award for 2020. I'm not sure if remaining with the same team qualifies as a big announcement?
Cicely in a WSR built 3 Series BMW is a top seat for 2021.
Old 17 Dec 2020, 19:52 (Ref:4023483)   #725
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post

When Ciceley announced the new cars Norman also said the hunt was on for a new team mate for Morgan. Not saying he's not staying there but I'd be surprised.