Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 18 Apr 2009, 19:29 (Ref:2444016)   #1
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cadwell ParK BRSCC 18th April

Myself and the committee would like to thank all the marshals for their support today. It was a full program not without the odd incident. But all were handled efficently as ever.

I hope the novices who had there first day enjoyed the day and will be back.

I would also like to publicaly thank the board members who came along and spent the day on the bank, showing that even the guys at the top of the chain can still do what is needed.

Also while I am in the thank you spirit, I must extend thanks to Nathaneal not only did he have a post to run but he also had a novice to look after, and yet again prooved himself more than capable of the responsibility. But why oh why did you have to demonstrate the reason that the Northern centre chose you to receive the Marshal of the Year Award at breifing.

Was it realy necessary to have the biggest incident of the day at your post.

Congratulations on the award truly deserved, you have had more to deal with on the bank in your first season than most of us have in 10+ seasons. And coped with it all in a professional manner.

I would also like to thank the crew of Lynx Rescue 1 of the Northern region despite the recent adversity you have risen to the call and we got the unit out and you proved that the effort was worth it by doing what was needed during the incidents of today.

Today was a new dawning for the Northern Region we are stronger than before and today we rose to the challenges and overcame them.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 13:09 (Ref:2444705)   #2
The Sweeper
Rookie

England
Leeds
The Sweeper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a great day albeit a little windy and cold up on post 8. Only one major trauma with a 3 wheeled mx5 parked on the apex. Had to restriain myself from calling race control during the Might Minis that car 28 was "all 4 wheels off and heading towards Louth". Sorry Steve but at least you finished and without damage....unlike some. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Last edited by The Sweeper; 19 Apr 2009 at 13:10. Reason: typos
Old 19 Apr 2009, 14:06 (Ref:2444735)   #3
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would like to say a big thank you to all the marshals who braved the winds at Cadwell on Saturday. It was good to see those that came and said hello during the lunch break, and gladly I didnt come and say hello to you guys during the race. From what I could see coming back in on the back of the breakdown it looks like you had a busy day.
Thanks for pointing out my minor off road experiance, but it was all planned for effect at least it gave someone a chance to catch me up so I had someone to race with (well untill he fell off lol)
Thanks again, hope to see a few of you out at the next round at Snetterton at the start of May.
Old 20 Apr 2009, 16:17 (Ref:2445663)   #4
Rob_G
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lincoln
Rob_G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a good day here on post 9 with Richard, nothing really major all day apart from a Mx5 that decided the grass was the quickest way around.

Also Richard, it was quite entertaining when you were shouting the car numbers, the pen decided not to work the exact time you said them
AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.40GHz - Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H - OCZ 4GB DDR3 - Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB - 240GB Seagate Barracuda - Logitech G25 - LG 26" LCD Monitor - Windows 7 Home Premium x64 -Sennheiser HD 205 Headphones