W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poll: Engine Competition

Which do you prefer?
Old 24 Mar 2012, 18:47 (Ref:3047578)   #2
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Do you really have to ask?
Old 24 Mar 2012, 18:53 (Ref:3047581)   #3
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Do you really have to ask?
My point is: someone posted the same poll on TrackForum. 2012 rules is winning by a country mile(96% or so). I figured out it'd be interresting to check if you'd get similar results on 10/10.

I still expect 2012 rules to win by far on 10/10, but I'm interrested to see if the margin would be as big as on TF.
Old 24 Mar 2012, 20:15 (Ref:3047630)   #4
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
2012, multiple. I'm not a fortune teller but I'm getting a vision of a whitewash.
Old 24 Mar 2012, 23:26 (Ref:3047697)   #5
the real Stig
Rookie

the real Stig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well the Honda has appallingly biligerant management and staff, a design manager with no experience and class A narcissism, so they should spend most of the season blowing up. Lotus has little experience and perhaps a small budget, so they'll take time to get up to speed.
Chevy has experience and limit is run by a bunch of professionals so they should get 75% of the wins.

I vote Chevy.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 00:50 (Ref:3047716)   #6
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
A close poll might be a fight between the old Dullara and the 2012 vulture as to the two choices. You know what, on that, I'm torn.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 08:52 (Ref:3047783)   #7
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the real Stig View Post
Well the Honda has appallingly biligerant management and staff, a design manager with no experience and class A narcissism, so they should spend most of the season blowing up. Lotus has little experience and perhaps a small budget, so they'll take time to get up to speed.
Chevy has experience and limit is run by a bunch of professionals so they should get 75% of the wins.

I vote Chevy.
Yea, from the St Pete qualifying times you can tell that Chevy has a big advantage on the street courses already. The Honda is rumoured to have the advantage on the superspeedways however, so it'll be very interresting to see how it plays out at Indy.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 15:25 (Ref:3048058)   #8
the real Stig
Rookie

the real Stig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A Trichlorostyrene View Post
Yea, from the St Pete qualifying times you can tell that Chevy has a big advantage on the street courses already. The Honda is rumoured to have the advantage on the superspeedways however, so it'll be very interresting to see how it plays out at Indy.
Yeah they've concentrated on winning one race, that's one hell of a compromise.
Suck the whole year as long as you win the 500. Wonder if the teams knowingly signed up for that?
Old 26 Mar 2012, 01:15 (Ref:3048448)   #9
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
One important thing about (this) engine competition is that it's sustainable. I doubt a Lola vs Dallara vs etc competition would work.
Old 27 Mar 2012, 13:36 (Ref:3049420)   #10
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
A close poll might be a fight between the old Dullara and the 2012 vulture as to the two choices. You know what, on that, I'm torn.
Yup, still can't believe they actually managed to make the new generation worse.

And like most other i prefer the 2012 regs engine wise.
Old 27 Mar 2012, 14:00 (Ref:3049437)   #11
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah the new car did not convince me the engine failure s by electric demon or fuel was really sad. The old package actually looked graceful and elegant by comparison.
Old 29 Mar 2012, 00:37 (Ref:3050269)   #12
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gttouring View Post
Yeah the new car did not convince me the engine failure s by electric demon or fuel was really sad. The old package actually looked graceful and elegant by comparison.
That's saying something.
Old 8 Apr 2012, 12:10 (Ref:3055312)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
On the subject of engines... This story out of Europe would have to be of some concern to the teams running the Lotus engine at the moment...

Perhaps the supply issue that eliminated the Indy running was more related to finances than to technical capacity to supply
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 8 Apr 2012, 14:03 (Ref:3055359)   #14
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
The Lotus engine is a sticker job as well. Lotus are paying John Judd to build them and sticker them and given that Judd has a fine reputation and the Lotus 2.0 people don't, we can safely assume the problem is Lotus aren't timely in paying their bills.