Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win the Drivers' Championship?
Mark Webber 68 55.74%
Lewis Hamilton 24 19.67%
Fernando Alonso 10 8.20%
Jenson Button 15 12.30%
Sebastian Vettel 5 4.10%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20 Sep 2010, 22:54 (Ref:2762211)   #1
koper
Veteran

Poland
Tychy(PL)
koper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkoper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So who do you want to win a title?

As at today we have 5 races left.
Mathematically there are 8 drivers in contention,
but it's going to be one of those 5 below:

1. Mark Webber 187
2. Lewis Hamilton 182
3. Fernando Alonso 166
4. Jenson Button 165
5. Sebastian Vettel 163

So we're having nice battle this year...How about making a poll?
But...my question is not about 'who do you think will win' but rather simply 'who do you want to win'

Well, starting with me...
I would be very happy if it is Webber.

And I don't know why...maybe it is, because he surprised me this year or just because I feel sorry for him with regard to these all favouring Vettel and bad PR in Red Fool or just because I simply feel he is the most deserving this year.

Have your say...
Old 20 Sep 2010, 22:57 (Ref:2762212)   #2
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll rank 'em for who I'd like to win...

Button
Webber
Hamilton
Vettel
Alonso

Pure personal bias applies
Old 20 Sep 2010, 23:03 (Ref:2762214)   #3
Chaynes321
Veteran

England
London
Chaynes321 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
hamilton
button
webber
vettel
brundle
postman pat
thomas the tank engine

alonso
Old 21 Sep 2010, 01:29 (Ref:2762239)   #4
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Vettel
Button
Hamilton
Adrian Newey

Massa
Webber
Alonso

Oh and not to forget Heidfeld
Old 21 Sep 2010, 02:32 (Ref:2762254)   #5
MarcosAmbroseFan
Racer

New Zealand
Hamilton
MarcosAmbroseFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Alonso
Webber
Vettel
Button
Massa
Schumacher

Senna
Yamamoto
Hamilton
Old 21 Sep 2010, 05:51 (Ref:2762281)   #6
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post

Button
Webber
Hamilton
Vettel
Alonso

Pure personal bias applies
I could have posted this! same order, same reason.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 07:03 (Ref:2762300)   #7
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see either Jenson or Lewis win (don't mind which) but if neither of them can do it I woulodn't mind seeing Webber win, the man deserves it

It would be a great performance from a No.2 driver
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 21 Sep 2010, 07:20 (Ref:2762305)   #8
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton
Button
Webber
Vettel

(Teflonso not included since i don't want him to win it at all )
Old 21 Sep 2010, 07:28 (Ref:2762310)   #9
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Any of the McLaren drivers dont realy mind which ;-p 1-2 in singapore boys will do nicely
Old 21 Sep 2010, 07:54 (Ref:2762322)   #10
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I think probably Lewis Hamilton or Mark Webber.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 11:54 (Ref:2762445)   #11
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lewis Hamilton or Jenson Button.

Failing that, Mark Webber.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 11:58 (Ref:2762448)   #12
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcosAmbroseFan View Post

Senna
Yamamoto
Hamilton
You'd like Yamamoto to win it more than Hamilton? My, Hamilton really does wind some people up, doesn't he?

Why don't you go the whole hog and put Marcos Ambrose in front of him?
Old 21 Sep 2010, 14:10 (Ref:2762521)   #13
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
My, Hamilton really does wind some people up, doesn't he?
Hamilton and Alonso probably attract the most hatred out of all the drivers. They're also the best. I don't think this is entirely coincidental.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 14:21 (Ref:2762528)   #14
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1. Webber
2. Coulthard
3. Louise Goodman
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 21 Sep 2010, 14:23 (Ref:2762530)   #15
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Hamilton and Alonso probably attract the most hatred out of all the drivers. They're also the best. I don't think this is entirely coincidental.
There's probably something in that. Although Alonso has done way more questionable things. For instance, the most debate Heidfeld seems to draw on the forum is how unremarkable he is (other people's words, not mine. I think Heidfeld is a very good driver and a good overtaker).
Old 21 Sep 2010, 14:36 (Ref:2762538)   #16
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post
1. Webber
2. Coulthard
3. Louise Goodman
I might place them in the same order in answer to an entirely different question...

As for the Driver's title:

1. Alonso, firstly because I'm a Ferrari fan first, but also because of how many people who constantly moan about his moaning it would deeply upset.
2. Button, because I think he deserves to prove he's better than a one hit wonder. And I still think he's marginally the better of the McLaren drivers - for now.
3. Webber, because although he would almost certainly prove to be a one hit wonder he's had some fantastic drives this season and probably deserves it just on the basis of those.
4. Hamilton, because he's improving quicker than I thought he would.
5. Vettel, because of those who can he's the least deserving this season. However I look forward to him very soon proving all those people wrong who'll write him off for good simply because of one season littered with rookie errors.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 14:44 (Ref:2762543)   #17
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
1. Jacques Villeneuve
2. Louise Hamilton
3. Furnando Alonso
Old 21 Sep 2010, 14:45 (Ref:2762544)   #18
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
1. Jacques Villeneuve
Isn't that an automatic ban these days mods?

Bloody should be.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 15:00 (Ref:2762549)   #19
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso! Who else?
Old 21 Sep 2010, 15:06 (Ref:2762551)   #20
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
Isn't that an automatic ban these days mods?

Bloody should be.

Oi!
Old 21 Sep 2010, 15:12 (Ref:2762554)   #21
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber
Alonso
Button
Vettel
Hamilton
Old 21 Sep 2010, 15:14 (Ref:2762556)   #22
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
There's probably something in that. Although Alonso has done way more questionable things.....
At least he didnt lie to have one of his competetors disqualified. That ranks pretty high on the dbag scale to me. Totally unforgivable
Old 21 Sep 2010, 20:04 (Ref:2762693)   #23
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I think probably Lewis Hamilton or Mark Webber.
Those are my two choices, but mostly for different reasons. Please may I have two votes to keep the peace with in the family?
Old 21 Sep 2010, 20:38 (Ref:2762709)   #24
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wims View Post
At least he didnt lie to have one of his competetors disqualified. That ranks pretty high on the dbag scale to me. Totally unforgivable
Hamilton's low point. I'll grant you that one.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 21:04 (Ref:2762723)   #25
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
It was indeed. Though I'd say that Trulli was disqualified as a result of his lying, rather than him lying to get Trulli disqualified. There is a subtle difference.