Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Oct 2020, 07:48 (Ref:4010932)   #26
Redshift
Rookie

Redshift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps someone who knows the regulations can answer this question. Paul Rivett posted on social media yesterday that he had completed 300km of testing at Snetterton.
I thought that unless it was an official test, teams weren't allowed to test at a circuit that was still to be raced that season?
Old 16 Oct 2020, 07:52 (Ref:4010934)   #27
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
snetterton is different
everyone has already tested there for two days at the tyre test
Old 16 Oct 2020, 07:56 (Ref:4010935)   #28
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
Perhaps someone who knows the regulations can answer this question. Paul Rivett posted on social media yesterday that he had completed 300km of testing at Snetterton.
I thought that unless it was an official test, teams weren't allowed to test at a circuit that was still to be raced that season?
The answer lies somewhere between:

[Testing] cannot be undertaken at a venue using a circuit configuration which largely consists of that which is used at a Meeting of the 2020 Championship until after that Meeting, unless with the specific written authorisation of the Administrator.

And:

'It's a COVID-affected season so the regulations are being waived slightly'
Old 16 Oct 2020, 09:14 (Ref:4010959)   #29
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The answer lies somewhere between:

[Testing] cannot be undertaken at a venue using a circuit configuration which largely consists of that which is used at a Meeting of the 2020 Championship until after that Meeting, unless with the specific written authorisation of the Administrator.

And:

'It's a COVID-affected season so the regulations are being waived slightly'
no it’s because all the teams and drivers have already tested there for two days
Old 16 Oct 2020, 09:41 (Ref:4010964)   #30
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
no it’s because all the teams and drivers have already tested there for two days
Interesting, I haven't seen that clause before. Which version of the regulations is that published in please?
Old 16 Oct 2020, 09:50 (Ref:4010968)   #31
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Too soon?
Yes

However, it has allowed Brits to talk take up a page talking about the weather so there is something to be said for an early post...
Old 16 Oct 2020, 12:44 (Ref:4011000)   #32
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
It also means plenty of time for more driver changes....
Old 16 Oct 2020, 12:59 (Ref:4011006)   #33
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
It also means plenty of time for more driver changes....
Please no. Tracking the BTCC game is hard enough already!!!
Old 16 Oct 2020, 20:08 (Ref:4011068)   #34
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
https://www.btcc.net/2020/10/16/btcc...rton-showdown/
Old 18 Oct 2020, 20:29 (Ref:4011408)   #35
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Shell repairs for Thompson complete

https://twitter.com/wpms/status/1317...762089474?s=21
Old 19 Oct 2020, 15:01 (Ref:4011517)   #36
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Shell repairs for Thompson complete

https://twitter.com/wpms/status/1317...762089474?s=21
he might win the Jack Sears Trophy early

for overall title I bet Cammish will go as championship leader into Brands, if I were Sutton I would be very carefull around Matt Neal

and I hope for Neate's sake he will stay away from that Astra otherwise people might start think that he is a misogynist

Last edited by porsche962fan; 19 Oct 2020 at 15:07.
Old 19 Oct 2020, 17:32 (Ref:4011531)   #37
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Pity that itv4 are not covering the top ten shoot out on saturday, but you can watch it on line. Should be a good weekends racing and lets hope it will still be all to play for in the brands round in November.
Old 20 Oct 2020, 18:29 (Ref:4011688)   #38
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
he might win the Jack Sears Trophy early

for overall title I bet Cammish will go as championship leader into Brands, if I were Sutton I would be very carefull around Matt Neal

and I hope for Neate's sake he will stay away from that Astra otherwise people might start think that he is a misogynist
Hmmm... does Mr Neate think Mr Boardley is a girl then? Or are big muscled fellows and young girls both equally good targets?
Old 20 Oct 2020, 18:52 (Ref:4011690)   #39
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Breakdown of qualifying:

https://www.btcc.net/2020/10/20/qual...-ten-showdown/
Old 20 Oct 2020, 22:32 (Ref:4011712)   #40
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As much as the 'Top Ten Showdown' adds to the specatcle, it'd be better to have a Top Ten Shootout (like in Supercars). That'd be awesome!

If we are fantasising, I'd love to see such a format - 30 min quali that determines the order for Race 1. The Top 10 advances to Top 10 Shootout, which determines the top ten for Race 2 and then the finishing order from R3 is the grid for R3.
Old 20 Oct 2020, 23:35 (Ref:4011713)   #41
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I know we sometimes accuse various forms of motorsport of disappearing up their own behinds, but...

Having the result of R3 influence the grid for R3 seems a touch circular!

(I know you meant R2)
Old 21 Oct 2020, 06:56 (Ref:4011744)   #42
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeeah, of course I meant Race 2

But with motorsport being so entertaining these days you never know!
Old 21 Oct 2020, 07:02 (Ref:4011746)   #43
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hoped the Top 10 Showdown was going to be 1-lap each shootout style - Im not sure it will make much difference if you are able to do multiple laps.
Old 21 Oct 2020, 07:05 (Ref:4011747)   #44
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
I hoped the Top 10 Showdown was going to be 1-lap each shootout style - Im not sure it will make much difference if you are able to do multiple laps.
To get into the top 10 a good time will be needed - using new tyres - will they have good tyres for the shootout?
Old 21 Oct 2020, 07:24 (Ref:4011750)   #45
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
To get into the top 10 a good time will be needed - using new tyres - will they have good tyres for the shootout?
With such a long track and shorter running time in the first part of Qualifying, I predict that a couple of the championship contenders may miss out on a top-ten slot. Make a mistake in the first part of Q, and there isn't much time to recover.
Old 21 Oct 2020, 07:25 (Ref:4011751)   #46
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Personally, I’d prefer it if a totally separate session sorted the grid for races 1 and 2. Race 3 could still be a reverse grid of race 2 finishing order, I think currently if you have a bad result in race 1, it can kill your weekend, so having a better grid position for race 2 would be less punishing if you fail to finish race 1.
Old 21 Oct 2020, 07:51 (Ref:4011753)   #47
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I'm sure the Top Ten Showdown will be a big spectacle for the thousands of eager spectators stood trackside.
Old 21 Oct 2020, 08:50 (Ref:4011763)   #48
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's an interesting experiment. Of course Snetterton was originally supposed to have it's traditional place in the year after the summer break, so this format was less likely to influence the title. Now it could be really critical in the championship, but at the same time it might not make too much of a difference. It's right though they trial this experiment as one off rather than just introduce it full blown
Old 21 Oct 2020, 09:12 (Ref:4011772)   #49
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Shall I put my tinfoil hat on and suggest that qualifying could be 'used' as a way to even-up the championship positions?
Old 21 Oct 2020, 10:49 (Ref:4011785)   #50
Mike_Powell
Rookie

Mike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd like to see the qualifying format that was used in the late Formula Superleague. That made for interesting watching.