Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Oct 2020, 18:53 (Ref:4013267)   #176
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I was impressed with how much racing we saw. I don't know if that is inherent to the track, or somewhat driven somehow by the fresh surface (not particularly rubbered in within the primary racing line, so grip is generally equal over the entire surface giving more opportunities for alternate lines). I also like the elevation changes. I hope this can be included in the schedule in the future.

Richard
right!

i dont know if/how covid crowds can predict what a post covid attendance would be like, but it seemed like a lot of people turned out this year during unfavorable circumstances.

my thoughts on the risk aside, credit is due for those that showed up. they at the least should be rewarded with a post covid event.

all the venues that stepped in to give us essentially a full calendar should see a return visit imo. maybe on some sort of rotating basis?
Old 26 Oct 2020, 19:21 (Ref:4013269)   #177
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
A joy to watch. Must have brought back some memories. I bet he had a big smile on his face inside that helmet......
Goodness me. That last pass on Leclerc was *epic*.

That was pretty impressive driving. "Oh, you want me to go the long way? Ok then!".
Old 26 Oct 2020, 19:45 (Ref:4013270)   #178
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Regarding F1 records being broken, yesterday's race was Kimi's 327th Grand Prix entry, beating Rubens Barrichello's record of 326.
Old 26 Oct 2020, 19:57 (Ref:4013271)   #179
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Regarding F1 records being broken, yesterday's race was Kimi's 327th Grand Prix entry, beating Rubens Barrichello's record of 326.
One side of me says it’s a shame this record was missed amongst the whole 92 thing.....

...the other side of me says it’s completely fitting as Kimi doesn’t do counting records.

That first lap was brilliant, it reminds me of the first time I saw Kimi race, in a Formula Renault winterseries race at Donington...he started at the back in wet conditions driving a previous generation car....and won the race. Epic stuff
Old 26 Oct 2020, 21:37 (Ref:4013281)   #180
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I am sure Kimi cares more about winning. Records are what you look at once your career, he’s only looking forward at this time

That first lap shows how wasted in that Alfa he is, hope they make progress next season. Even in his early days of F.Renault you can tell he was a special talent and he continues to show that time after time. A great champion who is not finished yet. He has done a lot for the sport
Old 26 Oct 2020, 22:15 (Ref:4013290)   #181
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That RAI onboard is like watching this old gem lol, or even better as this was passing lower classes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdeUyvX6mFM

Anyway apart from the ludicrously easy DRS zone which kind of made mockery of the passes happening elsewhere, it was fairly enjoyable race. The whole season has been pretty enjoyable actually. Good for them, for where the other series have plundered and will continue to plunder, F1's managed to keep it going. Looking forward to the return of Imola (and eventually, the 'oval'-Bahrain)
Old 31 Oct 2020, 14:56 (Ref:4014083)   #182
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Sounds all good until you realise Lewis side of the pit wall was making decisions despite being second. Doesn't sound like those rules were being upheld at that point.

Lewis would be utterly dominating these events regardless. I'll leave it at that before I get lumped in with the anti-Lewis anti-BLM crew, because I'm not. I just think Mercedes are trying awfully hard to bend over backwards and make rules fit situations.
See, this bolded right here is a problem. So pointing out facts about Mercedes' favoritism of hamilton puts you in danger of being "labeled" anti-hamilton/anti-BLM? That is a sad state. Once you've been lumped in that category, you're a small step away from any post you make being labeled racist. Like in the goat thread, where skin color is alluded to many times. Nobody sees a problem with this?

Also, nobody sees how these labels or concern over even posting negative thoughts against hamilton might end up there, might contribute to people not liking hamilton?

Hamilton deserves favoritism over bottas, if they want to run the team that way. Just be honest about it.

Also, this might be the race that finally breaks bottas. To dominate fp1, 2 and 3, qualifying session 1 and 2, and first part of 3, only to be beat at the end, to get out to an early lead then be caught, passed and have hamilton run away to 20+ seconds, has to put the nail in his coffin when it comes to even lip service about competing for a championship. Just nowhere to go from here for him.

Sort of like albon being lapped by verstappen whole verstappen has a 20+ second advantage over the next best non-Mercedes. Not sure how he can stay in that seat.
Old 1 Nov 2020, 00:39 (Ref:4014177)   #183
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I once said something mildly against Hamilton and had a thinly disguised accusation of racism for it, but then I’ve also said something positive about him and been accused of just being nationalistic, but then my location checks out.

So basically we’ve just gone very far up our rear ends again.
Old 1 Nov 2020, 03:09 (Ref:4014189)   #184
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I once said something mildly against Hamilton and had a thinly disguised accusation of racism for it, but then I’ve also said something positive about him and been accused of just being nationalistic, but then my location checks out.

So basically we’ve just gone very far up our rear ends again.
Yup.

Racist or jingoist - take your pick Adam.
Old 1 Nov 2020, 03:12 (Ref:4014191)   #185
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don’t get to choose, others choose for me.

Old 2 Nov 2020, 17:40 (Ref:4014580)   #186
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
On an entirely separate note, interesting to note a significant number of spectators at Portimao for F1 and not a soul in the stands (or anywhere else for that matter) for the ELMS and MLMC at the weekend....
Old 2 Nov 2020, 19:00 (Ref:4014592)   #187
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
On an entirely separate note, interesting to note a significant number of spectators at Portimao for F1 and not a soul in the stands (or anywhere else for that matter) for the ELMS and MLMC at the weekend....
Same as usual then surely?
Old 2 Nov 2020, 19:54 (Ref:4014606)   #188
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Same as usual then surely?
There were no spectators allowed due to covid-19