Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 Jun 2006, 10:06 (Ref:1629836)   #26
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3desmo
Any tips on the absolute essential camping bits to make the stay more enjoyable?
Bring your own toilet roll is the most important tip.

Otherwise my own top tip would be to bring one of those fold-up camping chairs to sit on, makes life much more civilised.

If you've got room, a gezebo makes good shade from the sun and/or rain.

Those plastic garden/patio tables take up practically zero room in the boot of the car, which allows you to pile all your junk off the ground.

Freeze up some ice at home and put it in a coolbox, at least you'll have cold beers for a couple of days. Also in the past I've frozen orange juice cartons which act as freezerpacks for a day or two and then you can just drink the contents.
Old 8 Jun 2006, 10:59 (Ref:1629875)   #27
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus
Bring your own toilet roll is the most important tip.

Otherwise my own top tip would be to bring one of those fold-up camping chairs to sit on, makes life much more civilised.

If you've got room, a gezebo makes good shade from the sun and/or rain.

Those plastic garden/patio tables take up practically zero room in the boot of the car, which allows you to pile all your junk off the ground.

Freeze up some ice at home and put it in a coolbox, at least you'll have cold beers for a couple of days. Also in the past I've frozen orange juice cartons which act as freezerpacks for a day or two and then you can just drink the contents.
The list of essentials from Truckosaurus is why the days of travelling down in an early spitfire/GT6 have been replaced by the practicality of larger cars.

I would also add a small cooking stove, Robert Dyas were doing them for £9.99 with the gas aerosoles (they do not come with any cartridges) for £1 each at wilkinsons, they are a great improvement on the old Camping gaz burners which were always unsteady and needed matches to light, the new stoves you just turn them on and press a button. A cup of tea in the morning is the best thing to smooth that slight fuzzyness from the night before.
Old 8 Jun 2006, 11:33 (Ref:1629894)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bring a hat.

I'm serious........
Old 8 Jun 2006, 13:28 (Ref:1629962)   #29
M3desmo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Surrey, UK
M3desmo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Club Arnage Guide to Le Mans

Just found the Club Arnage guide to Le Mans on the forum. Excellent work and most of the info that I needed. Now I have even more info to bore the missus with! (good job she's staying at home)
Old 8 Jun 2006, 13:29 (Ref:1629963)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Its a very fine piece of work, to be sure!