Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 Jun 2018, 07:18 (Ref:3833412)   #61
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://youtu.be/t4QNqit7_0c

Whatever its merits, the Smart EQ fortwo e-cup is an e-series that's up and running.

It looks like the cars have way too much understeer to fall over and I hope the organisers have a good supply of door mirrors!

Old 28 Jun 2018, 14:34 (Ref:3833465)   #62
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We laugh at it, but it can't be more chaotic than the Clio cup. Looks like good fun.
Old 29 Jun 2018, 09:59 (Ref:3833573)   #63
Greem
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Loughborough
Greem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
You joke, but I commentated on the first Smart championship race back in 2011(?) at Donnington

First qualifying and they didn't even get half way round the track before the first inversion; not due to contact... it just rolled
But they are built tough as once marshals got it tipped over, the car just carried on
They were fun races

The cars went away and were modified that winter, and came back rather less prone to falling over. I think it was 2012 or 2103 that I marshalled a weekend at Rockingham where they paired up the Smarts with a class full of Sakers. The Smarts were all lapped by the end of the second lap!

Still, back to EGT: I know they announced dates, but things aren't looking too encouraging which is a shame as I'm quite looking forward to this getting going.