Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Jul 2018, 13:49 (Ref:3838298)   #1
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the championship!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the championship!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the championship!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the championship!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the championship!
Dave Maraj

Sad to see that Dave Maraj, the former boss of Champion Racing, lost his life in a boating accident. I loved the swirly designs on Porsches and then the iconic Audi R8 and was gutted when the team closed its doors in 2008. A great loss to American motorsport.
Old 23 Jul 2018, 16:41 (Ref:3838326)   #2
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCyberMotor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCyberMotor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCyberMotor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Sad to see that Dave Maraj, the former boss of Champion Racing, lost his life in a boating accident. I loved the swirly designs on Porsches and then the iconic Audi R8 and was gutted when the team closed its doors in 2008. A great loss to American motorsport.
Sad to hear this. And, yes, I also loved the Champion Racing cars, especially, with their reflective swirls. Tim Crete of FastDetails.com was the premier photographer of these cars and he taught me a lot. Just looked up to see what Tim was doing and here is what I missed...

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2013/1...tim-crete.html

Appreciate what you have.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 07:09 (Ref:3838428)   #3
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
Sad to hear this. And, yes, I also loved the Champion Racing cars, especially, with their reflective swirls. Tim Crete of FastDetails.com was the premier photographer of these cars and he taught me a lot. Just looked up to see what Tim was doing and here is what I missed...

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2013/1...tim-crete.html

Appreciate what you have.
Tim Crete........... a sad loss. Like his boss, Dave Maraj.

Tim and I exchanged occasional long-winded emails once he had quit the motor sport business, he was certainly a thinker, perhaps too much of one in this strange world we live in.

Sound advice you give.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 07:58 (Ref:3838439)   #4
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgert should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgert should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sad loss, both of them.

I too liked the Champion cars. It's one of the few 1/43 models I really really wanted to have in my working room.
RIP Dave

As for Tim, I used to visit his site many many years ago, until the updates became less frequent. Never really noticed what happened to him, even though I am a DSC regular (and have been since the start)