Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Aug 2018, 08:24 (Ref:3841028)   #46
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In my view it should be GT5. Sure it has more power, but lower aero.

Id like to see a GT1 category return. Its a shame the ACO and SRO can't cooperate and unify rules for the sake of common sense. I see the gap between GT3 and GTE which is now bigger due to the GTE rule changes, but I just shake my head a little bit. I think ground could have been conceded from both sides to unify things, sadly it didnt happen.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 10:28 (Ref:3841051)   #47
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
In my view it should be GT5. Sure it has more power, but lower aero.

It's supposed to have the same aero as GT4. In my mind, that puts it above GT4 as the cars will be faster.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 10:31 (Ref:3841053)   #48
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's obvious. Just call it GT3.5
Old 3 Aug 2018, 15:35 (Ref:3841138)   #49
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Isn't part of the problem with the rather dumb naming (IMO) that Ratel (or SRO) owns the GT2 and GT4 trademark? I read that on a DailySportsCar or Endurance-Info (probably the latter) article a while ago.
There was no mention of him also 'owning' GT1 or GT3.
Because he doesn't own GT3, he promotes it the most but GT3 is FIA property. Think that's part of his strategy, he can dump GT3 later and thinks this will win when GT3 gets to expensive. When is the wrong word, the horse has left the barn, had two more generations, evolved and is now fossils from when GT3 wasn't too expensive.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 17:57 (Ref:3841169)   #50
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuntos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Veggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
It's obvious. Just call it GT3.5

Forget about the nomenclature today. This is Ratel building the future and showing the middle finger to those idiots in light blue-shirt in Paris.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 19:46 (Ref:3841194)   #51
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Forget about the nomenclature today. This is Ratel building the future and showing the middle finger to those idiots in light blue-shirt in Paris.
Now that's a future that I think can be met agreement with many here.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 4 Aug 2018, 02:34 (Ref:3841279)   #52
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post

I’m ok with this. I’d rather Ratel be in charge of Gt future then the FIA. Sure he makes some mistakes and sometimes one wonders what the heck he is thinking but on the whole hes looking long term and has a genuine love for GT unlike those of the light blue shirts.

Still yet to be convinced about this new GT2 but we’ll have to wait and see what pans out over the next few years. I think the biggest hurdle will be getting manufacturers to build cars and gentlemen to buy them.
Old 4 Aug 2018, 03:47 (Ref:3841290)   #53
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuntos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Still yet to be convinced about this new GT2 but we’ll have to wait and see what pans out over the next few years. I think the biggest hurdle will be getting manufacturers to build cars and gentlemen to buy them.

I do think Ratel is enough smart by now to not launch a new category without knowing he had the backup from the manufacturers in advance. Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. He learnt his lessons in hard way.
Old 4 Aug 2018, 08:37 (Ref:3841312)   #54
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you ask me something about GT2, the first three things getting in my mind are a great 1999-2000 ps1 videogame and 430 GTC and 997 gt3 rsr..... "GT2" simply doesn't fit with the kind of cars involved in this new class.

GTS could be a better option, giving some vibes of GT1-like considering the power range of these cars. Anyway still need to figure out how (and if) manufacturers will support this class.

About GTE, this year corvette gt1 2008 le mans record was crashed by bruni's pole. No doubts that cars like ford gt, 488, corvette and AMR new vantage have performances and aesthetics of GT1 cars.
Old 4 Aug 2018, 11:15 (Ref:3841354)   #55
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What it will or won't be called is completely irrelevant at the moment ……….

Personally I rather like the idea of so called Supercars with a minimum of aero development being raced - there are certainly enough very rich gentlemen would be racers out there with deep enough pockets for this to work - just look at the Super Trofeo series in Europe and the US to see this.

I like Ratel ……… having read the book '25 years of SRO', whilst he has made the odd mistake here and there and I am sure you could question one or two of his decisions, he certainly doesn't mind taking a risk or two.

He lives, sleeps and breathes GT racing and doesn't often do things on a whim - GT2 (or whatever) is a cute move that not many would have seen coming. GT4, whilst a very good series with a lot of manufacturers taking part is not the place for detuned supercars (R8, Merc AMG GT etc) - leave them for GT3.

However it evolves, I can see this really working and, whilst I certainly would like to see GT3 keep going as I reckon at the moment it is the most spectacular series, this will appeal to a lot of people - different cars, different drivers and hopefully some close racing with all the vehicles looking and sounding different could be a bit special.
Old 8 Aug 2018, 12:13 (Ref:3842306)   #56
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
The SRO 'GT2' plan is surely much reminiscent of the very first BPR GT series, supercars for wealthy amateurs (paired with professionals?)

And like many posters have said Ratel wouldn't do something without knowing it has a good prospect of succeeding. Ratel is now the global expert on promoting GT racing so he will already have done some canvassing with manufacturers and entrants about this new sub category.
Old 14 Aug 2018, 15:51 (Ref:3843588)   #57
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lamborghini Eyeing Huracan Super Trofeo for GT2.
Ferrari is also reportedly evaluating the build of a GT2 car for 2019.

https://sportscar365.com/industry/la...rofeo-for-gt2/
Old 14 Aug 2018, 22:15 (Ref:3843690)   #58
Juntos
Veteran

Everyone is. There is loads money to be made.
Old 15 Aug 2018, 03:20 (Ref:3843705)   #59
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Lamborghini Eyeing Huracan Super Trofeo for GT2.

Ferrari is also reportedly evaluating the build of a GT2 car for 2019.

https://sportscar365.com/industry/la...rofeo-for-gt2/

Dear Clienti Corse

Please build a GT2 version of the 812 Superfast. It’s about time we had a successor to the 550/575 GT1 cars.

Kind regards our ears
Old 15 Aug 2018, 07:18 (Ref:3843716)   #60
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Dear Clienti Corse

Please build a GT2 version of the 812 Superfast. It’s about time we had a successor to the 550/575 GT1 cars.

Kind regards our ears
😀👍🏼