Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 13 Jul 2018, 20:13 (Ref:3836553)   #76
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Yes he has had a couple of chances when he replaced Stoner on the Repsol Honda for a couple of races at Misano and Aragon in 2012 after Stoner was injured. He did finish in the points with an 8th and a 7th so he obviously wasn't too shabby, but that was 6 years ago.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 Jul 2018, 08:08 (Ref:3836901)   #77
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post

best bike, by far best rider, best budget, win easily and bore everyone to tears
True perhaps but isn't the imperative on the others to seriously raise their game rather than for the organisers to go down the micro-management of the sport/show (take your pick) in a bid to hamper one man, his bike and team?
Old 10 Aug 2018, 21:07 (Ref:3842889)   #78
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
There's a worldwide survey on the Superbike World Championship.

https://worldsbksurvey.motorsport.com/
Old 2 Sep 2018, 20:31 (Ref:3847710)   #79
cg7aa
Veteran

DORNA really pushed the news of Alvaro riding a Ducati next season, didn't they? Almost every other article on the official website was about Alvaro. I guess they had to drum up interest somehow!
Old 3 Sep 2018, 14:17 (Ref:3847913)   #80
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He's Spanish, then own and run the series.

Says all you need to know about Dorna.

It was the same when Flammini ran it and Biaggi went there.
Old 17 Sep 2018, 21:47 (Ref:3851153)   #81
cg7aa
Veteran

Portimao.

Portimao race 2 was probably one of the better races of the season, really good watch. What a fabulous circuit, I could watch a single bike lap that circuit all day.

As for the supersport races, holy cow, you couldn't make it up.
Old 17 Sep 2018, 22:34 (Ref:3851160)   #82
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lavila saying Rea has no charisma!

From a man, who was hardly captain charisma himself and represents SBK and is Spanish, the same as the organisers.

A great quote.
Old 18 Sep 2018, 22:44 (Ref:3851348)   #83
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Lavila saying Rea has no charisma!

From a man, who was hardly captain charisma himself and represents SBK and is Spanish, the same as the organisers.

A great quote.
I heard that too but I honestly think it's a translation problem. I think he just chose the wrong words while trying to convey the that idea that Rea is not a Rossi type character who can dominate and still have people turn up to watch.
Old 19 Sep 2018, 13:35 (Ref:3851427)   #84
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think because WSBK racing is supposed to be closely fought and it hasn't been the last few seasons
Old 19 Sep 2018, 16:31 (Ref:3851443)   #85
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
I heard that too but I honestly think it's a translation problem.
If anyone simply uses a translation such as "Google" then it can throw up all sorts of nonsense.
My wife was looking though the notes of our community meetings from the last 20 years that (I would think) were translated from Spanish to English by Google and it was like a comedy sketch with all the "literal" meanings !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Oct 2018, 07:48 (Ref:3856894)   #86
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Well whatever people say about the WSB series it is looking good for next year, with new bikes (especially Ducati) and several good riders coming out of MotoGP will they be able to make Rea look slow ?
Old 15 Oct 2018, 09:51 (Ref:3856903)   #87
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I doubt it, his lack of ambition to do anything more tricky just means I Haven't watched a race this year I'm afraid. Its not a very good series let's be honest
Old 22 Oct 2018, 17:23 (Ref:3858462)   #88
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yet another weekend where Rea triumphs, despite everything. I just find it funny that he thinks he can do better than Cal in MotoGP, yet can’t be bothered to move up
Old 22 Oct 2018, 17:46 (Ref:3858471)   #89
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Eugene Laverty gets dropped aswell

Serves him right for tucking his ears inside his hat, daft berk!
Old 24 Oct 2018, 10:25 (Ref:3858824)   #90
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Well whatever people say about the WSB series it is looking good for next year, with new bikes (especially Ducati) and several good riders coming out of MotoGP will they be able to make Rea look slow ?
More to the point how will the pocket rocket get on alongside Rea? Much as I admire Leon for his grit I have a horrible feeling he will be swamped.
Old 24 Oct 2018, 13:37 (Ref:3858879)   #91
S griffin
Veteran

I’m sure he won’t end up like the other Leon (Camier) when he was teamed with Biaggi. I just hope he can give a Rea more a run for his money than Sykes has done
Old 25 Oct 2018, 03:10 (Ref:3859016)   #92
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Yet another weekend where Rea triumphs, despite everything. I just find it funny that he thinks he can do better than Cal in MotoGP, yet can’t be bothered to move up

Works Kawasaki rider in WSB, or a rider for a satellite team with no chance in MotoGP? I know where I'd stay.

Was 4th fastest at the Aragon joint test with MotoGP with a bike that weighs 15 kg more and is 35 hp shy of the MotoGP bikes, then set the absolute track record at Phillip Island GP circuit. Should be competitive at least in MotoGP.
Old 25 Oct 2018, 06:52 (Ref:3859028)   #93
S griffin
Veteran

Yeah, but if he says that about Cal, I'd like to see him prove it
Old 25 Oct 2018, 13:32 (Ref:3859105)   #94
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Little fish in a tiny pond, always been Rea's problem since he joined Kawasaki.

Read back and read about Mat Mladin, he was exactly the same, could have been a massive player in SBK when it was a good series, but was paid a fortune to stay in America.

I would guess only Vinales, Rossi, Dovi, Marquez and one or two others are paid more than Rea, so he is happy to stay and beat no-one for endless titles.

He could get away but refuses a pay cut and refuses to work for his chance. In his eyes that chance has gone.

Unambitious
Old 26 Oct 2018, 22:40 (Ref:3859364)   #95
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Little fish in a tiny pond, always been Rea's problem since he joined Kawasaki.

Read back and read about Mat Mladin, he was exactly the same, could have been a massive player in SBK when it was a good series, but was paid a fortune to stay in America.

I would guess only Vinales, Rossi, Dovi, Marquez and one or two others are paid more than Rea, so he is happy to stay and beat no-one for endless titles.

He could get away but refuses a pay cut and refuses to work for his chance. In his eyes that chance has gone.

Unambitious
More like realistic.

Honda screwed him around for years, he is now 31, a legitimate multi-world champion with a factory team, if anyone thinks he is not worth his salary I'd suggest they can move to WSB and have a go. WSB is by its very nature a far easier place to get competitive in than MotoGP.

Would be a bit like Scott Dixon going to F1 so that he could prove he was better than Magnussen.

Last edited by wnut; 26 Oct 2018 at 22:47.
Old 27 Oct 2018, 08:50 (Ref:3859407)   #96
S griffin
Veteran

Well he has nothing to lose by going to MotoGP in my view. If it doesn't work out, he can always move back
Old 1 Nov 2018, 14:37 (Ref:3860365)   #97
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
That's up to him I suppose, as I said in an earlier post he has ridden in MotoGP before when he deputised for Stoner on the Repsol Honda back in 2012 and didn't disgrace himself !
Old 2 Nov 2018, 15:28 (Ref:3860578)   #98
S griffin
Veteran

Well rain brought that season to an end. Seemed at the beginning of the season that Rea wouldn’t have it so easy, but he ended up dominating again. That photo finish between him and Melandri seems a long time ago now
Old 2 Nov 2018, 18:23 (Ref:3860606)   #99
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
It's funny that some people hate it when someone dominates any type of competition, be it athletics/swimming/football/F1/boxing. However it's up to others to up their game Regardless of how much money is "thrown" at any competitive sport some people are always going to be that "little" bit better
Old 9 Nov 2018, 15:25 (Ref:3861992)   #100
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jonathan Rea's dominance appears to be down to a number of factors which are all capable of being emulated by others but his strongest advantage seems to be his ability to get on the pace right from the off. Irrespective of his starting grid position he has the uncanny knack of carving his way to the front within a couple of laps and once there he almost imperceptibly grows the gap on his pursuers. Many riders and drivers for that matter seem to possess that extra bit of natural ability in getting the most of their machinery but in Rea's case it seems to me that nobody on the current grid has the same lightening ability in carving their way through at the start without incurring damage. His early race moves are always hard, incisive but fair(mostly), whether or not it's down to bike set up, determination or natural talent is difficult to assess from an armchair enthusiast' s point of view but the format is pretty much predetermined; he doesn't streak away once in the lead, he consistently increases his lead whilst looking after his tyres.
To deride his talent in any way is very insulting, he's just better than the rest.