Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 Dec 2018, 16:02 (Ref:3869194)   #176
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
500s usually run with VSCC, hence the question.....
Old 10 Dec 2018, 16:38 (Ref:3869209)   #177
piekey
Rookie

piekey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fairly new around here.
Are the AVD suggesting drivers would nead a special licence or training to do this meeting ?

Been racing since 1977 , having had an MSA licence since 1980 & raced in something somewhere in uk & europe for most of those years since.

We have a mk2 capri group 1 almost ready to go [papers pending]
what tyres would we need to run ?

Any info appreciated.
Old 10 Dec 2018, 17:12 (Ref:3869223)   #178
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by piekey View Post
Fairly new around here.
Are the AVD suggesting drivers would nead a special licence or training to do this meeting ?

Been racing since 1977 , having had an MSA licence since 1980 & raced in something somewhere in uk & europe for most of those years since.

We have a mk2 capri group 1 almost ready to go [papers pending]
what tyres would we need to run ?

Any info appreciated.
As I said- PM your email and I’ll forward the whole thing from AvD...... !

To race on the Nurburgring nowadays everyone has to have a ‘Ring licence’, above any normal race one.....
Old 10 Dec 2018, 18:43 (Ref:3869249)   #179
abw
Rookie

England
Northampton
abw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
That August date doesn’t agree with VSCC website, which suggests 25th?

25th August is CSCC

I beleive some dates moved around to accommodate DTM
Old 10 Dec 2018, 19:10 (Ref:3869251)   #180
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by abw View Post
25th August is CSCC

I believe some dates moved around to accommodate DTM
Thanks for that! I should have looked further.

So VSCC website is out of date, and Brands should be 24th....
Old 10 Dec 2018, 20:19 (Ref:3869259)   #181
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks for that! I should have looked further.

So VSCC website is out of date, and Brands should be 24th....
Mike, the VSCC events list has Brands listed as 24th as does their December newsletter re their 85th Anniversary celebrations (Brands is part of that).
Old 10 Dec 2018, 20:52 (Ref:3869269)   #182
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Mike, the VSCC events list has Brands listed as 24th as does their December newsletter re their 85th Anniversary celebrations (Brands is part of that).
Ah, the original link on page one obviously points to an old news release.....
Old 11 Dec 2018, 07:54 (Ref:3869350)   #183
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to Spa Classic then I see the HSCC at Silverstone GP.Very annoying bit of a pattern throughout the year although you chaps have had it every year.Frpm my point of view I some organisations like the Masters one at Donington GP are having meetings for the sake of it to be honest.At least its another one for me to go 😁
Old 11 Dec 2018, 08:25 (Ref:3869359)   #184
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any news on any Silverstone Classic hope to ahve the likes of Pre War and HTCC back again .Been trying to work out it out on the event website they have they TBA boxes under each discipline theres quite a lot for Sportscars this year
Old 11 Dec 2018, 09:59 (Ref:3869367)   #185
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Any news on any Silverstone Classic hope to ahve the likes of Pre War and HTCC back again .Been trying to work out it out on the event website they have they TBA boxes under each discipline theres quite a lot for Sportscars this year
You’ll find that out when Motor Racing Legends announce their calendar.
Old 11 Dec 2018, 10:48 (Ref:3869373)   #186
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HRDC dates are on their website
Old 11 Dec 2018, 11:05 (Ref:3869378)   #187
Willmaz223
Veteran

Hopefully not too much longer its probably the most interesting one to be honest because of the grids they have
Old 11 Dec 2018, 11:38 (Ref:3869382)   #188
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
Thanks Mike!
Old 11 Dec 2018, 20:09 (Ref:3869513)   #189
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Going back to the Oldtimer 3hr ‘Marathon’ race at the Oldtimer, seems to be two basic questions that need clarification-

‘Ring Permit. Seems There are 3 levels, and the least requirement will be Grade C. Holders of an MSA (Sorry, MSUK ) Nat A licence and higher can achieve grade C by taking an ‘E’ learning course followed by a ‘Brief Training’ course. The organisers are proposing to hold such a course on the Thursday afternoon. I presume it is also possible to attend a training course at some other time in advance when they are being held, but see that the course must be a max of 9 months before racing. Is that how others see it?

https://lizenz.dmsb.de/files/Auto_Li...t_Englisch.pdf

Tyres. Previously and from memory pre ‘66 cars had to use Dunlop L, but later period cars used whatever was appropriate for said period. The email states- ‘Only tyres in compliance with the Appendix K or CTC and CGT Regulations or homologated in the period may be used’. How does anyone interpret that?

If we can’t work it out on here am sure the AvD will help!
Old 12 Dec 2018, 08:21 (Ref:3869601)   #190
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

L-G Sjöberg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Going back to the Oldtimer 3hr ‘Marathon’ race at the Oldtimer, seems to be two basic questions that need clarification-

‘Ring Permit. Seems There are 3 levels, and the least requirement will be Grade C. Holders of an MSA (Sorry, MSUK ) Nat A licence and higher can achieve grade C by taking an ‘E’ learning course followed by a ‘Brief Training’ course. The organisers are proposing to hold such a course on the Thursday afternoon. I presume it is also possible to attend a training course at some other time in advance when they are being held, but see that the course must be a max of 9 months before racing. Is that how others see it?

https://lizenz.dmsb.de/files/Auto_Li...t_Englisch.pdf

Tyres. Previously and from memory pre ‘66 cars had to use Dunlop L, but later period cars used whatever was appropriate for said period. The email states- ‘Only tyres in compliance with the Appendix K or CTC and CGT Regulations or homologated in the period may be used’. How does anyone interpret that?

And what about this quote from para 1?

general exception: series/events with historic cars in compliance with the Appendix K, unless otherwise specified in the applicable Series Regulations
Old 12 Dec 2018, 11:23 (Ref:3869650)   #191
Podd37
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Podd37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Mike Bell;3869513]Going back to the Oldtimer 3hr ‘Marathon’ race at the Oldtimer, seems to be two basic questions that need clarification-

Shame about this..... and thanks for the info you sent Mike. I know my non appearance wont exactly shake the earths core but after holding an International C for years (I dropped back to Nat A as it was cheaper and most of the events I was doing were Nat A requirement anyway) and 30 yrs of racing/rallying/rallycross bla bla, I just cant be bothered doing a training course. Spa 3 hour for me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12 Dec 2018, 12:21 (Ref:3869656)   #192
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podd37 View Post
Shame about this..... and thanks for the info you sent Mike. I know my non appearance wont exactly shake the earths core but after holding an International C for years (I dropped back to Nat A as it was cheaper and most of the events I was doing were Nat A requirement anyway) and 30 yrs of racing/rallying/rallycross bla bla, I just cant be bothered doing a training course. Spa 3 hour for me!
I can understand your point of view, but I guess the ‘Ring offers a unique challenge and thus attraction? They may be struggling to get 100 paid entries by February, however!

The requirement for competitors to obtain a permit to race on the Nordshleife has been going for a few years now, bought about by too many accidents, as I understand it. Years of practice needed to remember the circuit.....
Old 12 Dec 2018, 12:25 (Ref:3869657)   #193
blinkybm
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne
blinkybm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I did the 3 hour Youngtimer support race on the 'ring at the 24hr last year. The Permit C was simple enough but the 2 hour lecture of the training course was held entirely in German. Even the commentary on the bus tour of the circuit was in German. The presenters spoke English of course, but the whole affair was just a formality to them......

Would love to go back and have another crack at the 'ring, without all the local hot-shoes carving me up
Cheers
Bill Cutler
Old 12 Dec 2018, 12:27 (Ref:3869660)   #194
blinkybm
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne
blinkybm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still waiting on the HTCC calendar from MRL. Need to book airfares soon, this Brexit mess is helping the Aussie $ against the £..........
Old 12 Dec 2018, 13:55 (Ref:3869675)   #195
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkybm View Post
Still waiting on the HTCC calendar from MRL. Need to book airfares soon, this Brexit mess is helping the Aussie $ against the £..........
Glad there some good coming out of it!

And thanks for the comments about the ‘Ring permit and training. That’s the sort of feedback we need.
Old 12 Dec 2018, 14:21 (Ref:3869677)   #196
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

L-G Sjöberg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike, I am probably thick-headed, but in your link in post 187 above I read the following: general exception: series/events with historic cars in compliance with the Appendix K, unless otherwise specified in the applicable Series Regulations

I don't think the planned Marathon is part of any series, and it will be run according to Appendix K, so why does this exception not apply?
Old 12 Dec 2018, 15:00 (Ref:3869685)   #197
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-G Sjöberg View Post
Mike, I am probably thick-headed, but in your link in post 187 above I read the following: general exception: series/events with historic cars in compliance with the Appendix K, unless otherwise specified in the applicable Series Regulations

I don't think the planned Marathon is part of any series, and it will be run according to Appendix K, so why does this exception not apply?
No you’re not, but.... the requirement is built into the race regulations which you haven’t seen....

Edit- Could be that the requirement is changing for 2019. This from the race regs-

DMSB Permit Nordschleife (DPN):

From the season 2019, the DMSB Permit Nordschleife (minimum DPN Grade C) is compulsory for participation in all DMSB approved races at the Nürburgring Nordschleife. The DPN Grade C can be acquired upon submission of the appropriate results or after participation in a DPN training.
A short training (duration approx. three hours) may be scheduled, if required, within the framework of the AvD-Oldtimer-Grand-Prix on the Thursday late afternoon. For this purpose, please refer to the corresponding box in the form for the reservation of your starting place.

Last edited by Mike Bell; 12 Dec 2018 at 15:16.
Old 13 Dec 2018, 10:27 (Ref:3869863)   #198
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
Lydden Hill what about pitting?
Interesting one good if they come to Silverstone for the classic.
Old 13 Dec 2018, 10:41 (Ref:3869867)   #199
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Lydden Hill what about pitting?
Interesting one good if they come to Silverstone for the classic.
If you read the words under the calendar it says that there are no HRDC races in July, August and September, so they won’t be at the Classic. The calendar has several high profile events listed just for information, which is slightly confusing....
Old 13 Dec 2018, 10:51 (Ref:3869872)   #200
Willmaz223
Veteran

Oh

Oh woops Said it because it was on the calendar.Its a little confusing