Old 10 May 2010, 09:25 (Ref:2687777)   #1
Paul999
Rookie

England
Bucks
Paul999 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to Brands Hatch marshalls

Hi

Can I just say thanks to any of you who were marshalling at Brands on Saturday. It was a thoroughly horrible day in the car, God only knows what it was like for you lot stuck out in it all day.

Much appreciated and apologies for not waving on the in-lap, I may have missed the chequered flag...

Paul (Ginetta G4 #63, CSCC Swinging Sixties)
Old 10 May 2010, 12:26 (Ref:2687889)   #2
adstubbs
Racer

United Kingdom
Glamorous Hemel Hempstead
adstubbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you thought conditions on Saturday were bad, you should have been there the previous Sunday.....Thanks to CSCC for a very enjoyable meeting, with big grids and some excellent racing (and £10 at sign on!)
Old 10 May 2010, 13:24 (Ref:2687941)   #3
Tall Chris
Racer

England
Headcorn
Tall Chris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As above, after the previous Sunday it was quite mild really! Really entertaining racing well behaved and friendly drivers and awesome cars.
Couldn't make the Sunday so hope the weather was a bit kinder for all concerned.
See you next time you drop into Brands.
Old 10 May 2010, 13:42 (Ref:2687955)   #4
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just like to say a very big thank you to the crew on Post 5 both days. Small, but perfectly formed, just goes to show that quality is much more important than quantity. Lots of incidents, some quite big, plenty of live snatching, live track work, etc. All jobs undertaken very well. Made my job as PC much easier than it might have been.

Also, congratulations to Nigel who successfully completed his upgrade assessment from Track to Experienced Track and to Clare who successfully completed her upgrade assessment from Trainee to Track.

Finally a big thank you to CSCC for a great weekend, large grids, interesting cars and some good racing. £10 each day, so if you did both days you got more than you do for the GP. Not sure how this can be, but I have a few ideas. I know none of us do it for the money, but.............! Nuff said.
Old 10 May 2010, 14:49 (Ref:2687985)   #5
DianeH
Racer

United Kingdom
Retford
DianeH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would also like to add my thanks, especailly to the pit marshalls who kept me entertained throughout the weekend while I was in and out of the office with the garlands and trophies

Once again the CSCC had a fantastic turnout of marshalls and it is great to see, so once again thank you very much on behalf of us all
Old 10 May 2010, 15:25 (Ref:2688007)   #6
Brian George
Rookie

England
Grantham
Brian George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done no VERY WELL DONE the orange army on both days as has been said it takes dedication to stand out in those conditions to look after the drivers safety you also make our life easy thanks very much the CSCC safety car team Brian & Joyce
Old 10 May 2010, 16:47 (Ref:2688063)   #7
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
weather a bit variable at times but a good weekend of racing overall.... thanks to the team on P2 and also to the CSCC

Last edited by deley; 10 May 2010 at 17:02.
Old 10 May 2010, 21:02 (Ref:2688265)   #8
woodcutter
Rookie

England
woodcutter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to thank all the marshals i met on sunday, my first day on the bank, for the friendly welcome especially Steve and Len and everyone on Post 4b, whose names i cant remember, for a great day.

Thanks also to the CSCC and FPA for the on track entertainment.
Old 11 May 2010, 03:53 (Ref:2688405)   #9
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done to everyone involved for a superb weekend. Excellent marshalling, assisting the cars out of the gravel wherever possible during live situations and also assisting with the various snatches etc certainly helped with the ability to keep to timetable.

Thanks to everyone on the banks for being so welcoming, great to see so many familar faces as I was driving around in the Course Car between sessions and to those that enquired whether I had programmed the Sat nav correctly on Friday evening the answer is Yes, I was actually meant to be at Brands! Thanks also to everyone in Race Control over the weekend - great to work with you.

Excellent racing from all the CSCC, Jag and FPA competitors throughout the weekend and thanks for the hospitality from the superb CSCC team as always.

Terry
Old 11 May 2010, 12:16 (Ref:2688569)   #10
racedriver
Rookie

racedriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just like to add my thanks to the various Marshals that assisted us with our new car and it's failed electrics.... nothing to do with the amount of water about though!

And my eldest lad had an enjoyable day assisting in the Assembly area, he came back frozen and wet but with a smile on his face and keen to do it all again with the CSCC at Oulton when we next take to the track.

Andrew
Swinging 60's car 56 Grey Midget with Orange Stripes.
Old 11 May 2010, 22:28 (Ref:2688912)   #11
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks guys and gals in orange - a fantastic job as ever and not very spring like weather. Great meeting and you all did a great job in keeping it running smoothly despite us drivers doing our best to disrupt it! Jon and I had 2 trips into the kitty litter but managed to get out both times - we like to tease!

Cheers see you all soon!

Triumph GT6 number 13 Swinging '60's
TVR Grantura number 63 Classic K