Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 12 Feb 2001, 11:14 (Ref:64346)   #1
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Promotecme have announced that they have signed the only man to beat Gary Paffett in the scholorship class last year. But where does this leave Mr. Paffett himself? There can't be many (any?) top line drives left (maybe seats at ADR or Duma) so despite reports last week of McLaren being very impresssed (when he tested their F1 car), and trying to help him find a seat in F3, will he have to go elsewhere this year?
Old 12 Feb 2001, 20:05 (Ref:64408)   #2
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Marshal, we're gonna get told off again...for discussing Monsieur Paffett!

I think that GP (my God, that's spooky, his initials are GP...short for Grand Prix...he must be destined to be a top F1 driver!) will not drive in F3 this year. I think he'll hold out for the second test seat with McLaren who are planning to use a driver from mid season onwards.

I was hoping he'd get an F3000 seat, leapfroggin' the F3 Jag twins, just so we could have a good arguement/discussion here about whether he deserved to drive in F3000!
Old 12 Feb 2001, 20:19 (Ref:64413)   #3
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Ok, I've changed my mind (I'm female and I'm allowed to!). I think Duma might sign him - just have a little feeling.
Old 12 Feb 2001, 21:09 (Ref:64417)   #4
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im sorry but i must interupt this right now!! i was gonna let it go but now even more people r replying to it!!! ahhhh enough about paffet ok!! no more please u promised!
Old 13 Feb 2001, 10:01 (Ref:64511)   #5
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting, he who must not be named was mentioned as being "likely" to fill the second seat at Duma by BBC teletext last night. Does that just about wrap up the line up?

Then we can get on to discussing who's going to win
Old 13 Feb 2001, 13:02 (Ref:64536)   #6
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I beat it all depends on what engine they're getting, as last year - he had a works Renualt (no wonder he beat everyone).. so anything less and he might struggle... and he wouldn't want that!!
Old 13 Feb 2001, 21:17 (Ref:64607)   #7
FEUsmart
Racer

FEUsmart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I hope that Gary gets a seat in F3 this year.

He's got a pretty enviable record in cars, even if maybe his equipment has gained him an advantage, it the results that speak to most people. Even if he does struggle, so what? He's got to be better than anybody else who's 'leftover' this close to the start of the season.
Old 14 Feb 2001, 00:12 (Ref:64633)   #8
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
I think GP should be crowned king of England....no seriously...he did deserve a decent drive in F3 but what is left now?
There's one seat left at Duma, one at ADR and Rowan Racing seem to be leaving it to the last minute. I wouldn't blame him for giving F3 a miss. I think he did deserve to get the Jag drive and I still wonder why he got passed by.
He's not gonna fade into the distance. He'll get to F1 somehow and sometime soon. He has the confidence, the talent and the backing, no matter whether you like him or not.

I say good luck to him.

It's a hard life and I don't think he's had it that easy.

Good on him, if he sticks with it.

And Jag will regret their decision one day.
Old 14 Feb 2001, 20:43 (Ref:64756)   #9
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a suggestion, but since there is a spare seat at Minardi, why not give GP a shot!