Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

View Poll Results: Which cars max 3.5litres
Sportscars 1968 - 1985 0 0%
Sportscars Up to 1985 0 0%
GT 1968 - 1985 0 0%
GT Up to 1985 0 0%
Saloons 1968 - 1985 0 0%
Saloons Up to 1985 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 Aug 2010, 16:52 (Ref:2746648)   #1201
Martin O
Rookie

Ireland
London
Martin O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMartin O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those who paraded their pride and joy

http://img230.imageshack.us/g/c234213.jpg/
Old 18 Aug 2010, 17:33 (Ref:2746663)   #1202
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin O View Post

http://img230.imageshack.us/g/c234213.jpg/
Oh wait! Isn't that a BMW 535 I see in one of those pics?

John. the Lanc just made me smile.
Old 18 Aug 2010, 18:35 (Ref:2746697)   #1203
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That 5 series is a superb machine, are you selling the M6 but keeping the E12 John?
Old 18 Aug 2010, 18:39 (Ref:2746702)   #1204
Martin O
Rookie

Ireland
London
Martin O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMartin O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My last pictorial input

No 3 http://img337.imageshack.us/g/c244865.jpg/

No 17 http://img121.imageshack.us/g/c244819.jpg/

No 36 http://img338.imageshack.us/g/c234373.jpg/

No 40 http://img580.imageshack.us/g/c234313.jpg/

No 41 http://img210.imageshack.us/g/c234309.jpg/

No 69 http://img29.imageshack.us/g/c234341.jpg/

No 82 http://img227.imageshack.us/g/c234339.jpg/

No 86 http://img824.imageshack.us/g/c234288u.jpg/

Thanks

Last edited by Martin O; 18 Aug 2010 at 18:49.
Old 18 Aug 2010, 19:04 (Ref:2746716)   #1205
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post

John. the Lanc just made me smile.
Brought tears to my eyes Peter......but then it was a very emotional day!

Like the emotion of Mike Bell's pit lane start.....but it's forgotten Mike....until the next time!
Old 18 Aug 2010, 19:18 (Ref:2746731)   #1206
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
Brought tears to my eyes Peter......but then it was a very emotional day!

Like the emotion of Mike Bell's pit lane start.....but it's forgotten Mike....until the next time!
You just had to bring that up again, didn't you!

Martin, great pics thanks! Your efforts are very much appreciated. I did have a small panic when looking through the last batch- thought you had caught me with '4 wheels off'- I'm in enough trouble already.......
Old 18 Aug 2010, 20:04 (Ref:2746760)   #1207
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin O View Post
Or in our case, Hertz's pride and joy!
Old 18 Aug 2010, 21:13 (Ref:2746814)   #1208
Evo AL
Rookie

Evo AL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
I think that's probably my lot for today. I'll save a few shots around the pits for the fifth hour and final 6th hour pics at Riches and exit of Sears for tomorrow before the final shots taken back at the pits before the fall of the flag.
Many thanks John for sharing your fantastic photos...!

Old 18 Aug 2010, 23:54 (Ref:2746892)   #1209
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
I hope everybody appreciates how many strings that we had to pull and how much money we had to pay to get the Lancaster flypast.
Nothing is too much trouble for 360MRC
Ive just had the fuel bill in for the two F16's as well!!!

The things we do for the love of Motorsport
Old 19 Aug 2010, 00:07 (Ref:2746895)   #1210
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Pics Mr O

Martin, Can you put your pics on a CD and the next time I see you if I can have them that would be great. Im building the website back up to incorporate a gallery

Ta
Claire
Old 19 Aug 2010, 07:19 (Ref:2746957)   #1211
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMD View Post
That 5 series is a superb machine, are you selling the M6 but keeping the E12 John?
It's complicated, but that was the plan. The M6 seems to be unsaleable in its present condition, but I just can't afford to spend anymore 'proper' money on it.
Old 19 Aug 2010, 08:19 (Ref:2746988)   #1212
iconway
Rookie

England
London
iconway should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That gallant little Lancia was my favourite car. And the team just wouldn't stop smiling!

I think at that time, had we been able to maintain the pace without the delays later on, we would have been second. But as with some others we hit the dreaded 4hrs "wall"!
Thanks Peter, the Lancia actually lasted a lot longer than any of us expected! As you can see from John and Martin's superb pictures, when 'Crazy Alex' got back in for his second stint at the start of the fourth hour he had the inside wheel off the ground at every opportunity. He later confessed to exceeding the rev limit 'once or twice' so it wasn't a huge surprise when the engine let go after 4hrs 20m. He'd already blown the engine in his Alfa (also at Snetterton), which is why we resorted to the Fulvia, although it had never raced beyond 1 hour before.

The Lancaster pictures are terrific too. Alex's grandfather flew them in the war, and his family were all there in support so the fly-past was perfect.

If anyone didn't pick up their time sheets btw, they are on TSL under the heading 'Special', which says it all really: http://www.tsl-timing.com/special/2010/103291.pdf

As Claire knows, we'll be back next year with something that should not only last the distance but with luck will keep up with the Jag boys and maybe even Smokin' Mike Bell...
Old 19 Aug 2010, 08:23 (Ref:2746989)   #1213
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconway View Post
As Claire knows, we'll be back next year with something that should not only last the distance but with luck will keep up with the Jag boys and maybe even Smokin' Mike Bell...

As in Smokin tyres out of the pit lane?...tut tut Mr Bell
Old 19 Aug 2010, 08:37 (Ref:2746993)   #1214
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconway View Post
and maybe even Smokin' Mike Bell...
Not you as well! I'm getting enough grief from Mr Smith Is a 2CV eligible? If so I'm entering one next year

I had a grandstand seat watching the Lancia's wheel lifting through Sear & Russell- one way of saving tyre wear! Great car and really sorry you couldn't make it to the end.

Apparantly the race is reported in EDP today- I'll get a copy and see what they have to say!
Old 19 Aug 2010, 08:44 (Ref:2746996)   #1215
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry my next pics are somewhat delayed. What with moving/splitting threads around and getting involved in 'behind the scenes' PMs, I'm all behind (no comments, please!). They will go up sometime today, but just later than intended!
Old 19 Aug 2010, 08:45 (Ref:2746998)   #1216
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Any chance someone can send me a scan of the Autosport report please?
Old 19 Aug 2010, 08:56 (Ref:2747002)   #1217
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Not you as well! I'm getting enough grief from Mr Smith Is a 2CV eligible? If so I'm entering one next year

I had a grandstand seat watching the Lancia's wheel lifting through Sear & Russell- one way of saving tyre wear! Great car and really sorry you couldn't make it to the end.

Apparantly the race is reported in EDP today- I'll get a copy and see what they have to say!

OK Im going to ask, because I never shy away from looking daft, but what is EDP?
Old 19 Aug 2010, 09:02 (Ref:2747006)   #1218
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
OK Im going to ask, because I never shy away from looking daft, but what is EDP?
Claire, I am shocked Eastern Daily Press- the best regional newspaper around and naturally interested in what goes on at Snett! I'll copy anything in it to you......
Old 19 Aug 2010, 09:05 (Ref:2747008)   #1219
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Sorry Mike, but I'm with Claire; I didn't know what it was, either!
Old 19 Aug 2010, 09:09 (Ref:2747010)   #1220
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Sorry Mike, but I'm with Claire; I didn't know what it was, either!
No need to apologise John- it is centred on Norwich but assumed got round the corner to your bit! Perhaps it gets stuck at The Wash.....
Old 19 Aug 2010, 09:12 (Ref:2747011)   #1221
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Undoubtedly papier mache by the time it reaches me!!
Old 19 Aug 2010, 09:13 (Ref:2747012)   #1222
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Claire, I am shocked Eastern Daily Press- the best regional newspaper around and naturally interested in what goes on at Snett! I'll copy anything in it to you......
I thought it was "Exiting Dangerously from Pits"
Old 19 Aug 2010, 09:20 (Ref:2747019)   #1223
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
No need to apologise John- it is centred on Norwich but assumed got round the corner to your bit! Perhaps it gets stuck at The Wash.....
That reminds me. I'm getting a tattoo and Mrs M said to get it somewhere unimportant, so I'm going to Norwich.
Old 19 Aug 2010, 09:50 (Ref:2747034)   #1224
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Fifth hour.

Just a few from the pit area as I spent much of that time catching up with friends and chatting! Mechanical maladies were beginning to set in by then, and we have seen that we sadly lost the Lancia during this period:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3178wb.jpg   IMG_3182wb.jpg   IMG_3183wb.jpg  

IMG_3190wb.jpg   IMG_3191wb.jpg   IMG_3195wb.jpg  

Old 19 Aug 2010, 10:19 (Ref:2747045)   #1225
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
That reminds me. I'm getting a tattoo and Mrs M said to get it somewhere unimportant, so I'm going to Norwich.

Tags
alternative 6hrs, classic cars, cscc, ctcrc, mgcc bcv8