Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 23 Apr 2010, 21:26 (Ref:2678701)   #1
Bodger
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
Bodger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FIA GT Supercar Silverstone

Looking forward to this meeting. Plus it will be on the new Curcuit at Silverstone. Though I'm only down the road I may camp for the weekend so I can chill out and have a few beers in the evening. Any body else staying over the weekend. Might get there Friday afternoon?. Does depend on the weather though?.
Old 23 Apr 2010, 21:56 (Ref:2678723)   #2
FRENCHIE44T
Racer

England
High Wycombe, BUCKS
FRENCHIE44T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, the cars were fantastic in Abu Dhabi. Hope they get them to UK in time. We also have GT3 and GT4 at Silverstone. Not loaded my pics on here yet but got a few nice ones.
Old 23 Apr 2010, 22:24 (Ref:2678736)   #3
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHIE44T View Post
Yes, the cars were fantastic in Abu Dhabi. Hope they get them to UK in time. We also have GT3 and GT4 at Silverstone. Not loaded my pics on here yet but got a few nice ones.
Autosport was reporting yesterday morning that the cars and other equipment was all safely back in Europe. Should all be good to go next weekend. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83094
Old 23 Apr 2010, 22:59 (Ref:2678752)   #4
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gutted. Can't go due to a clash.
Old 23 Apr 2010, 23:15 (Ref:2678759)   #5
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodger View Post
Looking forward to this meeting. Plus it will be on the new Curcuit at Silverstone. Though I'm only down the road I may camp for the weekend so I can chill out and have a few beers in the evening. Any body else staying over the weekend. Might get there Friday afternoon?. Does depend on the weather though?.
The wife and I will be arriving Thursday lunch time ready for the three days.
After this past weekend with the GT1's I would not miss this one, more so as it is the first event on the new arena circuit. Are you not marshalling the Friday bodger?
Old 24 Apr 2010, 08:16 (Ref:2678884)   #6
Bodger
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
Bodger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, I can't always do Fridays which is a shame. So I'm only doing Saturday and Sunday for this meeting.
Old 24 Apr 2010, 17:57 (Ref:2679044)   #7
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHIE44T View Post
We also have GT3 and GT4 at Silverstone.
Plus British F3
Old 25 Apr 2010, 08:43 (Ref:2679235)   #8
Cornerworker
Racer

England
Weston-super-Mare, UK
Cornerworker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Watson View Post
After this past weekend with the GT1's I would not miss this one, more so as it is the first event on the new arena circuit.
If it's slightly damp, don't forget to bring your wellies....a toolkit might be useful as well to help finish off the circuit.
Old 25 Apr 2010, 08:52 (Ref:2679239)   #9
robbeal
Rookie

United Kingdom
Northwich, Chesh
robbeal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We'll be attending, and it'll be my first time marshaling at Silverstone, so i'm looking forward to it. Should be arriving friday evening. All we need now is my girlfriend's overalls to arrive in time!
Old 25 Apr 2010, 17:06 (Ref:2679450)   #10
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerworker View Post
If it's slightly damp, don't forget to bring your wellies....a toolkit might be useful as well to help finish off the circuit.
The circuit has been finished for a while now & has been used for track days. As for the mud-what do you expect? There's a hell of a lot of work going on around the circuit at the moment. What would you prefer-no British GP or Moto GP? The fact that the circuit is managing to run events while this work is going on is pretty good in my view. Just give it time & we'll have a world class venue to be proud of
Old 25 Apr 2010, 17:57 (Ref:2679487)   #11
Flag Monkey
Rookie

Scotland
Stirlingshire
Flag Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone who has been to Silverstone recently please comment on whether those flag points on the original circuit that were moved and also the new posts as part of the Arena have proper stands? Anyone have any idea if the debris fencing been competed as some of the photos from previous events (most recent 17/18 April) show the uprights but no steel rope or mesh?

Also has the marshals' campsite (assuming behind Copse grandstand) been affected by the circuit modifications? I recall someone posted on another thread for a previous meeting at Silverstone that they were unable to get their motorhome on to the field.

Regardless of how muddy it is should still be better than some of the more boggy parts of Knockhill.
Old 25 Apr 2010, 18:05 (Ref:2679492)   #12
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are a few alterations to flag points but not many. I know new posts have been pinpointed and understand maps have been sent to those doing the allocation. As it's the first time on the new circuit they may get moved as a result of feedback from the meeting. What debris fencing is needed will be in, otherwise the place wouldn't be licensed to run.

Campsite was a little restricted at the start of the season but is now back as it was and will have the usual showers and electrical hook-ups that are there for big meetings.
Old 25 Apr 2010, 20:33 (Ref:2679577)   #13
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauln View Post

Campsite was a little restricted at the start of the season but is now back as it was and will have the usual showers and electrical hook-ups that are there for big meetings.
There was no water supply (or even a toilet block) at the F2 event last weekend. Not a complaint, just an observation that people may want to plan on this situation being unchanged.
Old 25 Apr 2010, 21:54 (Ref:2679636)   #14
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
there are showers this weekend on the campsite the toilets however will be the permanent ones behind the grandstand.
Old 26 Apr 2010, 10:51 (Ref:2679816)   #15
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
HairyDJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Top marks to silverstone PR folk for this idea - ride your pedal cycle around the new track after racing!

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/Global/...ix_Circuit.pdf

Access to the Grand Prix Circuit for cyclists is available throughout the weekend at the following times: 18:30 - 20:00hrs on Friday 30 April; 18:30 - 20:00hrs on Saturday 01 May; and at 18:30 - 20:00hrs on Sunday 02 May
Old 26 Apr 2010, 10:59 (Ref:2679824)   #16
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Having not received any tickets/info yet, does anybody know what time sign on is on Friday and whether we are parking in the paddock.
Old 26 Apr 2010, 11:03 (Ref:2679831)   #17
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
Having not received any tickets/info yet, does anybody know what time sign on is on Friday and whether we are parking in the paddock.
Sign on will be in the paddock bar at the time below, please take note of the days and times that apply to you.
Friday - between 7.15 and 8.00am, track inspection at 8.30
Saturday - between 7.15 and 8.00am, track inspection at 8.30
Sunday – Between 7.45 and 8.30, track inspection at 9.00

Vehicle access to the centre of the circuit will be restricted, so please park at Copse Outside and walk through the tunnel to sign on, your marshals car pass will act as a ring road pass for this event, those who do not have a Silverstone Marshals Team car pass will be sent a ring road pass.
Old 26 Apr 2010, 11:23 (Ref:2679843)   #18
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Steve.
Old 26 Apr 2010, 11:32 (Ref:2679847)   #19
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
has anyone got a spare ticket for this one ?
Old 26 Apr 2010, 11:42 (Ref:2679856)   #20
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gachjoel View Post
Haven't got ANY tickets yet!
If they arrive in time, we'll have a couple of spares. Do you need them posted or could you collect on the campsite on Friday pm?
Old 26 Apr 2010, 12:25 (Ref:2679882)   #21
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by gachjoel View Post
Silverstone Marshals club members probably wont get tickets as their season pass should be ok
yes garry i have 2 they are yours will pm mobile number
Old 26 Apr 2010, 16:21 (Ref:2679997)   #22
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Watson View Post
Silverstone Marshals club members probably wont get tickets as their season pass should be ok
yes garry i have 2 they are yours will pm mobile number
Cheers Dean,

mailed you n left you voice mail on moby aswell

Gary
Old 26 Apr 2010, 16:44 (Ref:2680008)   #23
PULSERACING
Rookie

United Kingdom
Oxford
PULSERACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it ok to give my two passes to family members who will turn up on the sunday. I ask because the tickets have "marshal" on them although penny calls them guest passes. Ill be on post so i wont be able to be there when they arrive. I have a SMT pass so dont need them .
Old 26 Apr 2010, 17:18 (Ref:2680027)   #24
Old Adrian
Rookie

England
England
Old Adrian should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That will be fine Pulseracing
Old 26 Apr 2010, 18:33 (Ref:2680071)   #25
Cornerworker
Racer

England
Weston-super-Mare, UK
Cornerworker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnage arnie View Post
The circuit has been finished for a while now & has been used for track days. As for the mud-what do you expect? There's a hell of a lot of work going on around the circuit at the moment. What would you prefer-no British GP or Moto GP? The fact that the circuit is managing to run events while this work is going on is pretty good in my view. Just give it time & we'll have a world class venue to be proud of
An observation, not a critiscism..........

I'm sure some people would appreciate the heads up on the current state of the facilities.....