Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 25 Apr 2010, 17:29 (Ref:2679469)   #1
PULSERACING
Rookie

United Kingdom
Oxford
PULSERACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marshal Guest Tickets.

Just a quick question. I will be marshalling the FIA GT at silverstone this weekend and have my two guest tickets. I want to give them to a couple of mates but they have "marshal" printed on the front of the ticket. If they turn up without me is there an issue with getting in.

Last edited by PULSERACING; 25 Apr 2010 at 17:44.
Old 25 Apr 2010, 17:55 (Ref:2679486)   #2
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PULSERACING View Post
Just a quick question. I will be marshalling the FIA GT at silverstone this weekend and have my two guest tickets. I want to give them to a couple of mates but they have "marshal" printed on the front of the ticket. If they turn up without me is there an issue with getting in.
Shouldn't be, no. The "marshal" is so that anyone dhecking knows what sort of ticket they are.
Old 25 Apr 2010, 18:44 (Ref:2679516)   #3
FRENCHIE44T
Racer

England
High Wycombe, BUCKS
FRENCHIE44T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

You need to keep one for yourself if you do not have a Silverstone marshals Pass. Dont give them both away if you havn't.
Old 25 Apr 2010, 18:46 (Ref:2679518)   #4
PULSERACING
Rookie

United Kingdom
Oxford
Will they get in if im not with them ??
Old 25 Apr 2010, 18:57 (Ref:2679527)   #5
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Will they get in if im not with them ??
Yes
Old 25 Apr 2010, 19:03 (Ref:2679531)   #6
PULSERACING
Rookie

United Kingdom
Oxford
Thanks for your help guys. Didnt want two upset men.
Old 25 Apr 2010, 20:41 (Ref:2679586)   #7
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just a quick question. I will be marshalling the FIA GT at silverstone this weekend and have my two guest tickets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHIE44T View Post
You need to keep one for yourself if you do not have a Silverstone marshals Pass. Dont give them both away if you havn't.
This needs to be emphasized. I can't speak about this event specifically, but the norm for all events I've ever been to is you have ONE ticket for you and ONE guest ticket. If you give BOTH of these away, you may not get in!
Old 25 Apr 2010, 21:56 (Ref:2679638)   #8
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness2702 View Post
This needs to be emphasized. I can't speak about this event specifically, but the norm for all events I've ever been to is you have ONE ticket for you and ONE guest ticket. If you give BOTH of these away, you may not get in!
UNLESS you are a member of the Silverstone Marshal Team, your car pass/membership card will get you in
Old 26 Apr 2010, 16:01 (Ref:2679985)   #9
PULSERACING
Rookie

United Kingdom
Oxford
Yes just to elaborate. Im a member of SMT and have a pass already. My only issue is that the tickets have "marshal" on them and ill be on post when the ticket holders arrive ,so i dont want problems with them getting in.
Old 26 Apr 2010, 17:02 (Ref:2680016)   #10
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
shouldnt be a problem at all as some marshals have other commitments that might mean they are a little later to the circuit, Cadwell Park has an 11am cut off for marshals passes Silverstone may be a little different however with it being a 3 day meeting things may be different fri/sat
Old 26 Apr 2010, 22:05 (Ref:2680210)   #11
welche2
Racer

United Kingdom
swadlincote
welche2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
on another front im at oulton park this weekend for the bsb, does anyone want my spare pass when i sign on on friday night.
Old 26 Apr 2010, 23:07 (Ref:2680233)   #12
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Possibly a good point at which to remind everyone that 10-tenths discourages the public trading of passes.

If you wish to marshal and need a pass, by all means ask. If you're a regular marshal and you wish to spectate, ask your friends directly. If you wish to bring 6 mates and sit on the bank watching, you probably should be paying as a spectator. Marshals' guest passes are not a right and we must be mindful that if the circuits perceive abuse of the system they may decide to review their issue.
Old 27 Apr 2010, 05:09 (Ref:2680312)   #13
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Well said Chris!
Old 27 Apr 2010, 05:14 (Ref:2680314)   #14
welche2
Racer

United Kingdom
swadlincote
i was only asking for those marshals attending the bsb this weekend,
racesafe only issue a guest pass on sign on.
only chance of giving the spare away if a marshal and family who are camping and needed a extra one.
Old 27 Apr 2010, 12:18 (Ref:2680482)   #15
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's fine, wasn't picking on you, but with a number of posts in various threads I felt it worth highlighting our position for the avoidance of doubt.
Old 28 Apr 2010, 16:04 (Ref:2681201)   #16
Stack
Veteran

Thailand
Leicester but dreaming of Thailand
Stack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by welche2 View Post
i was only asking for those marshals attending the bsb this weekend,
racesafe only issue a guest pass on sign on.
only chance of giving the spare away if a marshal and family who are camping and needed a extra one.
If racesafe give the guest pass out at sign-on, how does the guest get into the circuit in the first place?
(Just asking 'cause i'm at Cadwell BSB round for the Fiat race and want to bring a friend)

“Beer is not the answer........Beer is the question .........The answer is yes.”
Old 28 Apr 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2681318)   #17
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have declined my services for this very reason
Old 30 Apr 2010, 18:51 (Ref:2682321)   #18
Oscar114
Racer

United Kingdom
Widnes
Oscar114 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Possibly a good point at which to remind everyone that 10-tenths discourages the public trading of passes.

If you wish to marshal and need a pass, by all means ask. If you're a regular marshal and you wish to spectate, ask your friends directly. If you wish to bring 6 mates and sit on the bank watching, you probably should be paying as a spectator. Marshals' guest passes are not a right and we must be mindful that if the circuits perceive abuse of the system they may decide to review their issue.
This is the first which I have seen of this discouragement.
Maybe worth including in the attention members new and old alike thread so everyone sees it.
I couldn't see it in the FAQ or posting guides.

just my opinion please disregard if I have missed something
Old 30 Apr 2010, 19:56 (Ref:2682359)   #19
welche2
Racer

United Kingdom
swadlincote
racesafe marshals are issued with a season pass, guest passes are given on sign on Friday and saturday.
guests can enter the circuit with the marshal to get the guest pass or can be left at the main gate to be collect by your guest. that's how some do it Dave.
Old 30 Apr 2010, 20:52 (Ref:2682383)   #20
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
HairyDJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I understood that racesafe pass (and overalls) get issued at the first meeting you attend?

There also seems to be a problem with racesafe records if you volunteer via your circuit (eg Silverstone) - whilst your volunteering gets passed through fine, but racesafe appear to miss any such days off their counts. We know not to volunteer for car meetings via the circuit as well as the club, but it might be the only way to press the right buttons in the bike systems ......

I'm distinctly unimpressed with the bike guest ticket system - seems to be driven by a lack of trust (or marshal honesty) - last Sunday's ACU meeting paid out a tenner towards expenses, but had to be collected after the day's work. I was told that this was due to too many taking cash at sign-on and then clearing off to be speccies for the day.

Maybe a few of the long-term car + bike marshals would be willing to contribute to a new thread / FAQ pointing out some of the differences between the systems?
Old 1 May 2010, 19:15 (Ref:2682832)   #21
welche2
Racer

United Kingdom
swadlincote
i think the reason of the racesafe guest ticket being given out on sign on is to save cost of postage. hence the free overalls and waterproofs and also the free packed lunch or cooked breakfasts and evening meals at msvr circuits.
most bike meetings like hotrax give the monet out for expenses after the days marshaling. it proberly the way they work.
Old 2 May 2010, 19:49 (Ref:2683382)   #22
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar114 View Post
This is the first which I have seen of this discouragement.
Maybe worth including in the attention members new and old alike thread so everyone sees it.
I couldn't see it in the FAQ or posting guides.

just my opinion please disregard if I have missed something
It's just something we remind people of from time to time when it crops in posts. There seems to be more of it recently, so just a slightly clearer indication of how we moderate posts. It's not in the FAQ because we don't believe there's any real problem and we're only reminding everyone of the general terms of use reasonably applied to the guest tickets by the circuits/clubs.

So on the whole, as you were.
Old 3 May 2010, 12:50 (Ref:2683751)   #23
Oscar114
Racer

United Kingdom
Widnes
Oscar114 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
It's just something we remind people of from time to time when it crops in posts. There seems to be more of it recently, so just a slightly clearer indication of how we moderate posts. It's not in the FAQ because we don't believe there's any real problem and we're only reminding everyone of the general terms of use reasonably applied to the guest tickets by the circuits/clubs.

So on the whole, as you were.
Thanks Woolley thought I had missed something