Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 17 Sep 2001, 18:24 (Ref:147540)   #1
Barry Pomfret
Racer

Barry Pomfret should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stolen race car transporter

On Sunday 16th Sept. Barry Pomfrets race car transporter was stolen from Bletchley in Milton Keynes. It is a white Ford Cargo with Samic Motorsport logos and reg.number D467 SKC. The truck contained an Alfred Bull awning, grey Portafloor plastic flooring and a large quantity of Van Diemen Zetec parts including wheel rims, nose boxes, dampers and bodywork. If anybody has any information Barry can be contacted on 01908 370112.
Old 17 Sep 2001, 20:14 (Ref:147574)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Barry, very sorry to hear of your loss. I will keep my eyes open should it appear at Brands hatch or any other circuit at which I am marshalling. I will also post this to my marshals club on the internet in case any of my members should come across the trailor.

Sadly, as with stolen cars, I have a sneaky suspicion you won't see it again.

Good luck in your hunt.

Stephen.
Old 19 Sep 2001, 01:19 (Ref:148154)   #3
farcnield

Man this year i have been living in this area due to work .constraints, i feel very much for you,i know my-self how this can feel.
5f 5 see this truck on the roadiwill contact the local constabulary

Farc

Old 19 Sep 2001, 18:33 (Ref:148392)   #4
Barry Pomfret
Racer

Good news, the police have recovered the truck and all the spares are still inside.The only damage is the door lock and ignition barrel. It is thought the b*****ds who nicked it were going to use it for a ram raid!
Old 19 Sep 2001, 18:59 (Ref:148403)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Great news Barry, so when are we going to see you at Brands Hatch next?

By the way, what are you racing at the moment?
Old 19 Sep 2001, 21:45 (Ref:148488)   #6
Barry Pomfret
Racer

Last year I competed in the Avon Junior Zetec Challenge class but due to financial and work constraints, ie no testing time, I have raced in the 750 Motor Club Pre 99 Zetec class this year. Currently the class runs with the Formula Four championship but hopefully next year there should be enough cars for a stand alone championship. We have not raced at Brands this year and unfortunately the final round clashes with the Festival, this will be the first year I have not competed at the Festival since 1983! We are currently 2nd in the Pre 99 Zetec championship, you can follow our exploits at www.barrypomfret.co.uk
Old 20 Sep 2001, 07:41 (Ref:148593)   #7
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Thanks for the information Barry. Sorry to hear you won't be at the Festival this year, it's one of the best meetings of the year in my books!

Good luck for next year and maybe if you get to visit our little Kent circuit you would let me know and we could meet over breakfast or something?