Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 Apr 2018, 12:49 (Ref:3818076)   #51
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back of the grid for Proctor -

"PENALTY: Senna Proctor received a third strike for an incident involving Colin Turkington and, as a result, will start race two from the back of the grid."

Under new rules that means one more strike will be a race ban...

Good to see Will Bratt racing again and doing well in the Porsches too.

Last edited by luckn002; 29 Apr 2018 at 12:59.
Old 29 Apr 2018, 12:59 (Ref:3818078)   #52
swooshiain
Racer

Scotland
swooshiain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
Back of the grid for Proctor -

"PENALTY: Senna Proctor received a third strike for an incident involving Colin Turkington and, as a result, will start race two from the back of the grid."
Yeah, I wasn't in agreement with Tim Harvey's view of it being "the lightest of touches, nothing he could have done". Shame for Proctor - given the greater harshness for continued penalties, he's got himself into a very bad place very early in the season. The car looks like a real contender too.
Old 29 Apr 2018, 13:25 (Ref:3818080)   #53
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
3 strikes in 4 races ??!!
Old 29 Apr 2018, 14:08 (Ref:3818123)   #54
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
That has to be the best BTCC race I've ever seen.

Constant battles within the top 15, cars running together with great overtakes and so little contact.

Ingram coming through to win from 13th with not a scratch on the car - has to be champion this year.

Superb 2nd by Smiley too.

Great recoveries by the Motorbase Focuseses and Butcher 9th in the MG.

My only criticism would be that the differences between tires are a bit too great - the option / prime split seems a bit unnecessary.
Old 29 Apr 2018, 14:48 (Ref:3818137)   #55
Londoner
Racer

Londoner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm probably gonna have to watch Race 2 again - the bits I saw looked great but there was so much carnage going on at Baku it was impossible to watch both.
Old 29 Apr 2018, 15:16 (Ref:3818142)   #56
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That has to be the best BTCC race I've ever seen.
and not too long ago we had plenty of ramming specially by someone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=117H4vFMypw
Old 29 Apr 2018, 15:34 (Ref:3818146)   #57
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
3 strikes in 4 races ??!!
2 for Jack Goff too -

"PENALTY: Jack Goff received a strike for an incident involving Josh Cook in Round 5. It's his second of the season so far. "

- so one away from being sent to the back of the grid.

Can't remember seeing this incident but it is nice to see driving standards being taken more seriously this year.
Old 29 Apr 2018, 15:56 (Ref:3818151)   #58
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It really feels that there’s been a changing of the guard. Plato is still struggling for whatever reason, Cammish seems to have the measure of Neal. Sheddon has moved on and the BMWs are struggling too, it’s been refreshing to see.
Old 29 Apr 2018, 16:17 (Ref:3818159)   #59
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
5 races without a safety car must be a record for the BTCC...
Old 29 Apr 2018, 16:40 (Ref:3818174)   #60
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
5 races without a safety car must be a record for the BTCC...
I'm firmly blaming you for that one!
Old 29 Apr 2018, 16:41 (Ref:3818175)   #61
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I'm firmly blaming you for that one!
Knew it would happen!

Motorbase again...
Old 29 Apr 2018, 16:46 (Ref:3818176)   #62
swooshiain
Racer

Scotland
swooshiain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was a whole lot of twitching going on there. I was wondering if Turks' car had maybe dropped some fluid on his out lap, but it looks like just being cold tyres.
Old 29 Apr 2018, 17:19 (Ref:3818182)   #63
porsche962fan
Veteran

Carmish/ Smiley perfectly shows what sucks with NGTC , they are far too vulnerable in the wheel area , very small contact and you can be it like Tuks bitterly found out too
Old 29 Apr 2018, 17:32 (Ref:3818187)   #64
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by swooshiain View Post
There was a whole lot of twitching going on there. I was wondering if Turks' car had maybe dropped some fluid on his out lap, but it looks like just being cold tyres.
Probably the latter. It was bitterly cold trackside
Old 29 Apr 2018, 18:18 (Ref:3818198)   #65
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
There was no fluid dropped by Turks car that I know of. They thought the water pump had gone, swapped that out to finally realise electrics. That particular car has had a few electrical gremlins. If I were Dick I'd be having all it's electrics, every last sodding bit, stripped out and replaced - there are three weeks to gut the car and put it back together. Turks is on the championship backfoot now I fear. Probably my fault as I have a bet he'll get his third championship this year!
Old 29 Apr 2018, 18:31 (Ref:3818202)   #66
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
Overall an excellent weekend of racing - Ingram and Goff paving the way for a championship duel.

Great to see Morgan finally add to his win count and see Cook shake off 2017. Smiley got some great results for him and team and Collard looked much quicker than at Brands.

AmD MGs seemed to be quicker than the Audis. Butcher has definitely impressed me!

As others have said James Cole is much improved. Motorbase incredibly unlucky so far, definitely have the pace now in the Focus to challenge for wins.

Terrible weekend for Turkington but as Sutton showed last year you can still be the champion on 9 rounds.

Subarus anonymous again, shockingly after Plato assured all had been fixed.

Disappointing for HARD too on a circuit that should've suited the VWs, Hill really should've been in the mix for podiums and I expected more of Thompson giving his performance in the VW Cup.

Again, to me driving standards were very good despite a slippery looking track.
Old 29 Apr 2018, 19:14 (Ref:3818213)   #67
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
It was so cold trackside, I had to go and buy a hat after getting the clothing a little bit wrong. It felt like it was about 3-4C.
Old 29 Apr 2018, 19:21 (Ref:3818214)   #68
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
There was no fluid dropped by Turks car that I know of. They thought the water pump had gone, swapped that out to finally realise electrics. That particular car has had a few electrical gremlins. If I were Dick I'd be having all it's electrics, every last sodding bit, stripped out and replaced - there are three weeks to gut the car and put it back together. Turks is on the championship backfoot now I fear. Probably my fault as I have a bet he'll get his third championship this year!
Probably only cost £50,000.......
Old 29 Apr 2018, 20:27 (Ref:3818225)   #69
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
It was so cold trackside, I had to go and buy a hat after getting the clothing a little bit wrong. It felt like it was about 3-4C.
I remember track was 10c / air 7c for race 2 as I saw it on the broadcast. By race 3 it felt as cold as my fridge. Hopefully I may thaw out by next weekend 😁
Old 29 Apr 2018, 22:41 (Ref:3818247)   #70
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
The Ginetta race was incredible. Brilliant stuff.
Agree completely - wonderful to watch such close racing - just can't believe such maturity from such young lads (or lasses).
Old 29 Apr 2018, 22:47 (Ref:3818248)   #71
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Meh these keyboard warriors.

Matt Jackson is a great driver, and although he was rather anonymous on the opening race weekend, I have every faith that he will come good again. Just like Sheddon and Plato, you should never right him off, and I reckon all three will be on the podium at Donington.
I thought when I read this that it could only be typed with the aid of some form of mind-altering pharmaceuticals......

Having watched the races, I'm convinced of it......

If you were thinking of a career as a forecaster, I'd reconsider
Old 30 Apr 2018, 07:58 (Ref:3818293)   #72
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Another shocking weekend for Turks. Am impressed by the PMR Astra, will we perhaps see a few moans about that car if its good pace carries on?
Old 30 Apr 2018, 08:50 (Ref:3818302)   #73
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Some great racing. Well done Cook. After being the bad boy of the series towards the end of the last season he's reminded everyone what a talent he is, by taking an overdue first win and the works PMR Vauxhalls seem to be the business in their second season. Tingram yet again like the beginning of the last season going for the win when he can, collecting points when he can't. And Morgan, what a recovery after his first race dramas, this championship could go anyway.

Smiley and Cammish showed what they can do this weekend. Hope to see more from them. The award for the unluckiest driver so far this season surely goes to Tordoff, with Turkington a close second. They can't seem to catch a break ATM. Meanwhile Cole is showing that his form in the middle of last season was not a one off with some good top ten finishes. Also Jelley seemed a bit closer to the front this weekend, good recovery from the first lap shenanigans in race 3. And with Plato scoring no points from the first six races, surely it's time for him to consider retirement

And as at Brands, driving standards were really good this weekend. Very few unnecessary incidents, long may it continue
Old 30 Apr 2018, 08:58 (Ref:3818306)   #74
porsche962fan
Veteran

shocking but the best place of the old guard is Turks in 10th

Mat Jackson and Shedden gone, Plato becomes irrelevant (0 points so far...) , Neal and Collard start to be so too

young guns start to take over the series
Old 30 Apr 2018, 09:02 (Ref:3818309)   #75
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
The award for the unluckiest driver so far this season surely goes to Tordoff, with Turkington a close second. [...] And with Plato scoring no points from the first six races, surely it's time for him to consider retirement
One thing that is interesting to look at I feel - in the context of drivers expected to do well, but not scoring much so far - is the #Foreverforward table.

Tordoff, Neal and Austin have all got big scores there, suggesting that they have been in lowly positions at times - but capable of making progress.

Plato on the other hand, is nowhere to be seen in this table either - so it's not a case of being out of position or unlucky with early races. For whatever reason, it seems that the Plato/Subaru combination is not destined to achieve results.

Who will pull the plug first on this - Plato, Subaru or BMR?