Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 12 Jul 2005, 09:25 (Ref:1353343)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
MG Car Club International Festival

Well now that they've confirmed my entry for the final race of the weekend.

Who else is going?

For those not of an MG "bent" this is the biggest international race weekend for any MG club. Its a bit of a festival atmosphere but largely concentrating on MG and beer. For some reason the two go together.

There's plenty of racing to see on both days. Also for those who like seed events there will be a sprint on the Hanger straight to Club section of the GP circuit.

The main racing will be on the (my personal favourite) International Circuit.

This is the 75th year of the Club's existence so there is a special 100km race dedicated to BMC cars.

Tickets can still be got on line from http://www.mgcars.org.uk/carclub/index.html

See you there?
Old 12 Jul 2005, 09:33 (Ref:1353352)   #2
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
Richy_Rich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hoping to be there. I'm currently without an engine (having wrecked 2 in the first two races of the season) and in a desparate bid to get one built in time. If I don't get sorted in time I'll probably try and come along for the weekend anyway. I'll try and pop over and say hello.
Old 12 Jul 2005, 10:21 (Ref:1353378)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I suspect I'll be recognisable.
Old 12 Jul 2005, 10:54 (Ref:1353400)   #4
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
Looks increasingly like the engine isn't going to be ready...

So, I'll be on foot, as it were.
Old 12 Jul 2005, 11:40 (Ref:1353424)   #5
PenelopePitstop
Racer

European Union
PenelopePitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there in the 75 km race for the cars running on road tyres.

I am reliabally informed that this is going to be the biggest MGCC Silverstone to date ( in terms of spectators and over 500 cars entered in the various races.

This year is also the celebration of 50 years of the Abingdon competitions department so there will be lots of various BMC narques as well as the MG's
Old 12 Jul 2005, 11:49 (Ref:1353435)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Same race as me then.
Old 12 Jul 2005, 11:54 (Ref:1353437)   #7
PenelopePitstop
Racer

European Union
Give us a wave aa you come passed
Old 12 Jul 2005, 11:55 (Ref:1353439)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
What are you running?
Old 12 Jul 2005, 12:05 (Ref:1353444)   #9
AndyV
Racer

England
Somerset, where the cider apples grow
AndyV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm in the 75km race too in my Spitfire. Hopefully it will be a full and varied grid which would be nice for the last race of the weekend.

Looking to be a great weekend even for a Triumph driver as a traditional 'Arch Enemy' of MG. Free practice on Friday is a good touch.

Andy

ps Richy, pure speculation but Jon Low may have an engine if you talk nicely to him as the rear of his Spit was so damaged at the Mallory race, worth a try maybe.
Old 12 Jul 2005, 13:13 (Ref:1353508)   #10
PenelopePitstop
Racer

European Union
Peter-
I am running a British Leyland M.G. Maestro 1600, its two tone red and rust! Its easy to spot just look right to the back of the grid and its the car with a valid tax disc.
Old 12 Jul 2005, 13:15 (Ref:1353510)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Cool. But if it rains you can wave to me as you go past.
Old 12 Jul 2005, 14:18 (Ref:1353563)   #12
PenelopePitstop
Racer

European Union

Yeah, I am the only one there who will not be gutted if it rains!
Old 12 Jul 2005, 14:29 (Ref:1353575)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Won't there be some Metros? BTW are the entry lists posted anywhere?
Old 13 Jul 2005, 12:00 (Ref:1354545)   #14
PenelopePitstop
Racer

European Union
The Metros tend to race each other so no advantage in the rain, but I have just checked the long range forcast and the weather is going to be dry and blissfull.

Entry lists are not published anywhere, so you will just have to wait for your final instructions
Old 13 Jul 2005, 12:44 (Ref:1354598)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I've just been told that there were so many entries that they're running two races. One for those with two drivers and one for those with one driver. I love longer races!!!!
Old 13 Jul 2005, 12:53 (Ref:1354611)   #16
PenelopePitstop
Racer

European Union
I heard the two races where - one with road tyres and one with slicks?
Old 13 Jul 2005, 12:56 (Ref:1354615)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Hmm,

Not sure but that does make sense. However its not the message I received.
Old 13 Jul 2005, 20:54 (Ref:1354970)   #18
John Watson
Racer

England
Burgh on Bain - Lincolnshire
John Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Richy_Rich

Looks increasingly like the engine isn't going to be ready...
So, I'll be on foot, as it were.

If you can't race, how about a days Marshalling ??

Passes and Instructions are being mailed out tomorrow, I can always add your name to the list
Old 14 Jul 2005, 09:18 (Ref:1355256)   #19
Mike Holmes
Racer

United Kingdom
Peterborough
Mike Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be there in Total Butler! fresh engine and gearbox so hopefully get a reliable run!
Car 34, Yellow MG Midget so stop by and have a chat.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 09:21 (Ref:1355257)   #20
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Watson
If you can't race, how about a days Marshalling ??

Passes and Instructions are being mailed out tomorrow, I can always add your name to the list
Hey John, I'll take you up on that. See PM.
Old 15 Jul 2005, 09:46 (Ref:1356073)   #21
Micky.H
Racer

England
A Little Town In East Yorks
Micky.H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there, as one of John Watson marshalling army (I'm the one in orange!!!)
Old 15 Jul 2005, 12:19 (Ref:1356177)   #22
stuart05
Racer

England
Southampton
stuart05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've entered the "Purple Terror" for the MG Metro Cup (and friends) race on Saturday - I'm easy to spot as I'm the only Rover Metro in Class A!

There are also rumours of me doing a few laps in the 75km race in Dad's Maestro, but then there are also rumours of Little Bro' doing the same so who knows...

Good luck to Penelope in the 75km race - be good to see the car back at Silverstone 2 years after I made my race debut in it.
MG Metro #35 - Proud Class A Series Winner CSCC Tin Tops 2006
Old 15 Jul 2005, 12:23 (Ref:1356179)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I used to run in the Metro Cup back in '92/93.
Old 15 Jul 2005, 12:52 (Ref:1356202)   #24
PenelopePitstop
Racer

European Union
Stuart,

I would love to have a race against you in similar machinery, so let me know if you are first or second driver

Peter,

All the best drivers have a season of the M G Car Club Drayton Manor Park M G Metro Challenge under there belt.

Micky.H/Richy-Rich,

Nothing personell but I hope I only have to meet anyone in Orange as you wander over to your Marque on Saturday night for the BAR B Q, after a terrific days racing.
Old 15 Jul 2005, 17:43 (Ref:1356421)   #25
Gerryc
Racer

United Kingdom
Aylesbury, Bucks.
Gerryc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenelopePitstop
Stuart,

I would love to have a race against you in similar machinery, so let me know if you are first or second driver

Peter,

All the best drivers have a season of the M G Car Club Drayton Manor Park M G Metro Challenge under there belt.

Micky.H/Richy-Rich,

Nothing personell but I hope I only have to meet anyone in Orange as you wander over to your Marque on Saturday night for the BAR B Q, after a terrific days racing.

Its alright - we know when we are not wanted (Goes off and sulks all over his flags).