Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 29 Nov 2006, 16:20 (Ref:1777876)   #1
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Subaru Impreza RB320

Brought to you by Subaru UK and Prodrive, the special edition Subaru Impreza RB320

A fitting tribute to Richard Burns, this will (probably!) be the final UK special edition of the Impreza as we know it, before it is replaced by an all new, smaller hatchback at the end of 2007.

I WANT!
Old 3 Dec 2006, 20:00 (Ref:1781097)   #2
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wow! me wants, but, ive got at least 5 years to wait before I can have one.....
Old 4 Dec 2006, 10:03 (Ref:1781487)   #3
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon
...before it is replaced by an all new, smaller hatchback at the end of 2007....
Not following the Subaru scene as closely as I once did, will the new car still be 4wd and/or with the flat-4 engine?
Old 4 Dec 2006, 13:50 (Ref:1781673)   #4
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It'll be ugly...

RB320 looks hot though.

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 4 Dec 2006, 17:50 (Ref:1781815)   #5
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks stunning, can i have one please?
Old 4 Dec 2006, 23:34 (Ref:1782076)   #6
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus
Not following the Subaru scene as closely as I once did, will the new car still be 4wd and/or with the flat-4 engine?
I would expect it'll be both.
Old 7 Dec 2006, 00:34 (Ref:1783726)   #7
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
It has a 2.5 litre engine these days, still a flat-4, and of course 4WD (or AWD as Subaru like to call it).

I'm glad it's black, because I'm not so keen on the new front end and that colour improves the effect.

Still, if Santa's reading this, please...
Old 7 Dec 2006, 16:25 (Ref:1784239)   #8
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That is a nice tribute, but I'm sure waaaaay overpriced for the performance gains.
Old 7 Dec 2006, 17:45 (Ref:1784285)   #9
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Not at all.

It's only three grand dearer than a standard STi, with about six grand's worth of extras.

And it'll keep its value better than the standard car.

Hopefully.
Old 8 Dec 2006, 00:13 (Ref:1784572)   #10
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Holy crap, y'all pay a lot for an STi!
Old 8 Dec 2006, 10:38 (Ref:1784983)   #11
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Yup.

Though they're not exactly flying out the door, so I suspect a decent discount can be had.

I already know the best I'll get off an RB320 is a grand. And the trade in value of my current car is low enough to make you weep...
Old 8 Dec 2006, 15:09 (Ref:1785199)   #12
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton
Holy crap, y'all pay a lot for an STi!
We pay a fortune for all cars compared to the USA, even more so at the moment with the $2=£1 exchange rate.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 23:01 (Ref:1788446)   #13
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's a feature on it in this weeks Autosport. Damon Hill drove it around Snetterton.

Now I'm not sure if my copy has a page missing, but apart from the photos it never really goes into what the car was like to drive...
Old 11 Dec 2006, 23:19 (Ref:1788462)   #14
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
No journalist has driven it yet, though no doubt Auto Express will claim otherwise in the next week or two.

Apart from a couple of suspension tweaks, it is basically an STI with the Prodrive Performance Pack and Prodrive suspension.
Old 12 Dec 2006, 00:36 (Ref:1788506)   #15
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHoyer
Now I'm not sure if my copy has a page missing, but apart from the photos it never really goes into what the car was like to drive...
It was just to illustrate the Raffle price at the Autosport Awards. There was no test as such.

The more I see and read about the car, the more I like it, but I am going to have to be satisfied with my old RB5, which is still a great car.
Old 12 Dec 2006, 00:41 (Ref:1788510)   #16
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
The RB5 will always be the best of the 'classic' Imprezas - I'd definitely keep hold!
Old 12 Dec 2006, 17:15 (Ref:1789071)   #17
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've alwyas loved Subaru's....My first reaction to this once is; WOW.

When I'm older and stable finance wise etc, and everything in life is great that's the sort of car I'd love to have. That way or the lottery. LOL

What a fitting tribute to the legend world rally champion.
Old 16 Dec 2006, 20:14 (Ref:1792291)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Meh, don't like Subaru's. They were far nicer cars with the classic shape. I still have wet dreams over the 98 Impreza WRC, which was just so cool to look at. With 555 livery and McRae behind the wheel.

It is great that Subaru have done this though, a fitting tribute to Richard I'd say!