Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 19 Aug 2008, 09:22 (Ref:2271418)   #1
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F4 Silverstone

Who's doing the testing??

Who's entered? Got my tickets but no entry list.

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 19 Aug 2008, 10:24 (Ref:2271455)   #2
JNWRF01
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
JNWRF01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We're both entered for the Sunday - think usual form in terms of regulars entered. Not bothering to test on the Friday....
Old 19 Aug 2008, 12:36 (Ref:2271538)   #3
jamessimons
Rookie

jamessimons should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will many be testing Friday, they don't list testing on friday on the Silverstone website is it for 750mc only. I am looking at running a Formula Renault in F4 next year and was coming along to watch but might come friday as well if a few of you are testing.
Old 19 Aug 2008, 15:06 (Ref:2271595)   #4
toyotamr2
Rookie

toyotamr2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm missing silverstone need to do a bit of testing with the renault before snetterton, so the money will be better spent i hope.

Have a good weekend.

Richard #78

(ignore my user name, thats where i started racing)
Old 20 Aug 2008, 14:27 (Ref:2272157)   #5
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When I spoke to the 750mc earlier this week they had 26 entries. I guess we will have lost some and gained some. Absolute have me, Andrew Smith and Jamie Jardine out. Other than that I guess it will be the usual suspects.

I have heard that 2 UK Formula Ford guys have done deals for F4 next season (and that isnt Jamie) so it shows that F4 is moving forward as a formula.

If they have it is good news for the racing but will push budgets up for people to compete and I wonder how that will effect the guys who have raced in the championship for years??
Old 20 Aug 2008, 15:42 (Ref:2272186)   #6
JNWRF01
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
Could we pursuade one of the Pearson clan to come out and see the feasibility of a FRenault for the championship..maybe at Snett??

Add in the BARC 8v renaults - and you would pretty much have enough for a complete grid for the wing'd class A cars....
Old 20 Aug 2008, 17:21 (Ref:2272242)   #7
FFmygale
Racer

England
UK
FFmygale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redracer77
When I spoke to the 750mc earlier this week they had 26 entries. I guess we will have lost some and gained some. Absolute have me, Andrew Smith and Jamie Jardine out. Other than that I guess it will be the usual suspects.

I have heard that 2 UK Formula Ford guys have done deals for F4 next season (and that isnt Jamie) so it shows that F4 is moving forward as a formula.

If they have it is good news for the racing but will push budgets up for people to compete and I wonder how that will effect the guys who have raced in the championship for years??

Its not only the budgets surely? Hasn't the dominance of the Dom Joly lookalike this year resulted in a few drivers (potential front runners in previous years I would guess) dropping out half way through? I would think if there are a couple of very quick FF boys out to play that it could continue to frustrate the more amateur racer???
Old 20 Aug 2008, 17:31 (Ref:2272250)   #8
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFmygale
Dom Joly lookalike
Very, very funny. I can just see him shouting "HELLO, I'M AT THE TRACK" into his phone.

Surely any UKFF drivers who still harbour career ambition are more likely to look at BARC Renault if finances are that scarce?
Old 20 Aug 2008, 18:44 (Ref:2272285)   #9
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMiller
Very, very funny. I can just see him shouting "HELLO, I'M AT THE TRACK" into his phone.

Surely any UKFF drivers who still harbour career ambition are more likely to look at BARC Renault if finances are that scarce?

With F4 being 1/3 of the cost of BARC Renault then maybe the drivers are not going for a career but just racing for the enjoyment as they have realised that F1 is no longer an option?
Old 21 Aug 2008, 10:14 (Ref:2272626)   #10
JNWRF01
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
The running costs of all these cars are basically the same - its the amount of testing that determins the budget. From what I am told - Club Renault has kids doing upwards of 40days a year testing -which has put me off doing that series.

Whilst I would love to race the current FF hotshoes in F4, I very much doubt they will appear in the championship. F4 allows you to race quickish cars (will be interesting to see the Club F3 times at Snett this weekend) for low-ish running costs, but prob more relevant, low repair costs compaired to running a spec car/carbon car. The latter reason is why I choose F4 over F3 this season.

It would be great to find parity between the US FF2000 spec cars and the 8v Frenaults for a combined grid for next season...

Anyone who is thinking of F4 for next season should pop along to Silverstone at the weekend - quali 12.20 race 3.55pm -and talk to some of the drivers (I am in car #27) and teams.
Old 21 Aug 2008, 16:16 (Ref:2272795)   #11
toyotamr2
Rookie

toyotamr2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be a more level playing field if the renaults and ff2000's were a bit nearer each other on power output. Don't know what my engine is like compared to other fr 8v cars, but readings i have from the rolling road show it's quite a lot down on bhp (but then i only know what people say their engines are doing )

One way this could be balanced out would be to either remove or use a larger restrictor in the air intake.

Richard
Old 7 Sep 2008, 22:57 (Ref:2284160)   #12
cyanide_music
Rookie

cyanide_music should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
any photos from the weekend ????
Old 10 Sep 2008, 07:42 (Ref:2286272)   #13
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I,ve just read this thread. Noticing an earlier post regarding the possibility of one of us having a drive in F4, we no longer have any 8 valves, so that isn't going to happen. The last one left a couple of weeks ago to start a life in hill climbs.
Regarding removal of the restrictor, mine fell out once at Mallory, and it didn't really make a huge difference, probably about 3 or 4 tenths if I remember rightly.
If you are allowed to fit your own choice of ratios that will make a bigger difference as the BARC set is only good for Snetterton. The engines have to be built carefully to get good power. If you simply buy an engine from an engine builder who has put it together by simply taking parts off the shelf and assembling them it will only be quick by accident.
The difference between engines built that way and an engine we have blueprinted is quite marked. So, if you want to build a quick 8 valve Renault, get the Renault regs, ( I presume you have to comply with them in F4 ), check the weights and dimensions you can play to and build it to the extremes of what you are allowed. If you don't have to seal your ECU, try to get an early Eurocup chip, it gives a greater ignition advance, and you will notice that.