Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 26 Apr 2022, 14:12 (Ref:4108119)   #101
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Good to see Fabio putting Yamaha back on top after a tough start. Great recovery by Rins, who knows what could have happened if he started further up? Joint leader of the championship, but needs to get that win.

Miller/Mir crash was just a simple mistake by Miller, which was a shame for both of them. Honda once again in all sorts of trouble and I don't see Marquez ever hitting his previous heights

Scary moment in Moto2 with all the riders going down in the rain
Old 29 Apr 2022, 09:44 (Ref:4108398)   #102
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I had planned to go to this as it's the nearest to where we live (about 5hrs drive) however we have a friend that is stopping with us that I promised to take to the airport to fly home on Sunday so it's not going to work ! Heavy rain yesterday evening left some damp patches on track for the start of todays running at the sixth round of the 2022 campaign at Jerez, but the entire field headed out on slicks to get some laps under their belts.

Reigning world champion Quartararo, who is twice a winner at Jerez in MotoGP, set the early pace with a 1m41.849s, which he improved eventually to a 1m39.226s 10 minutes in.

Honda’s Marc Marquez – who said on Thursday at Jerez that HRC had “ideas” on how to fix the problems it faced last time out in Portugal – briefly went to the top of the order with a 1m39.028s.

But Quartararo returned to top spot a few seconds later with a 1m38.780s.

However, with just under 15 minutes of the 45-minute session gone, Quartararo’s session started to unravel when he crashed exiting Turn 13 – having seemingly touched a damp patch – and hurt his groin.

Needing some time before returning to his Yamaha box, Quartararo did get back out on track on his second M1.

But he would have another big moment with just under four minutes remaining coming into the Turn 9 right-hander while on a lap that was set to put him back to the top of the timesheets.

Then on the following lap the Yamaha rider ran off track up at the Turn 5 right-hander leading onto the back straight.

Quartararo would end the session in fifth, but just 0.245s off the pace as 19 riders were within a second of top spot at the end of FP1.

While Quartararo was having a scrappy end to his session, 2020 world champion Mir had gone top of the pile with a 1m38.422s.

LCR Honda’s Alex Marquez had briefly gone top at the end of FP1 with a 1m38.368s, but Mir produced an excellent 1m38.194s to end the morning fastest of all.

Team-mate Alex Rins moved up to second with his final lap, shadowing Mir by just 0.025s, with Alex Marquez shuffled back to third ahead of Aprilia’s Aleix Espargaro and Quartararo.

Takaaki Nakagami was sixth on the sister LCR bike, with Brad Binder seventh on his factory team KTM ahead of Honda’s Pol Espargaro – who topped FP1 briefly at one stage – and Aprilia's Maverick Vinales.

Jack Miller completed the top 10 on the first of the Ducatis ahead of Marc Marquez, with erstwhile championship leader Enea Bastianini 12th on his 2021-spec Gresini-run Desmosedici ahead of Francesco Bagnaia on the other factory team Ducati and Pramac’s Jorge Martin.

Ahead of FP1, Tech3 announced that Raul Fernandez will sit out this weekend’s Spanish GP and the post-race test on Monday due to the hand injury which ruled him out of last week’s Portuguese GP.

Aprilia’s Lorenzo Savadori continues to wildcard this weekend, with Honda test rider Stefan Bradl also present.

Both were 23rd and 20th respectively at the end of FP1.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 30 Apr 2022, 10:09 (Ref:4108478)   #103
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quatararo is looking good atm, despite the crash. Marquez is still good, so I expect a good weekend from him. Alex and Rins looking good too, watch for Rins he'll be desperate to get that first win. Others might be bit players
Old 30 Apr 2022, 18:19 (Ref:4108514)   #104
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
1 Francesco Bagnaia ITA Ducati Lenovo (GP22) 1'36.170s 6/8 295k
2 Fabio Quartararo FRA Monster Yamaha (YZR-M1) +0.453s 6/8 293k
3 Aleix Espargaro SPA Aprilia Racing (RS-GP) +0.763s 7/7 293k
4 Jack Miller AUS Ducati Lenovo (GP22) +0.879s 6/8 298k
5 Marc Marquez SPA Repsol Honda (RC213V) +0.975s 6/8 296k
6 Johann Zarco FRA Pramac Ducati (GP22) +1.050s 8/8 300k
7 Takaaki Nakagami JPN LCR Honda (RC213V) +1.084s 7/8 293k
8 Marco Bezzecchi ITA Mooney VR46 Ducati (GP21)* +1.115s 5/7 295k
9 Joan Mir SPA Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) +1.160s 6/6 292k
10 Jorge Martin SPA Pramac Ducati (GP22) +1.356s 4/7 293k
11 Enea Bastianini ITA Gresini Ducati (GP21) +1.448s 3/5 298k
12 Maverick Viñales SPA Aprilia Racing (RS-GP) +1.505s 7/7 295k
13 Pol Espargaro SPA Repsol Honda (RC213V) 1'37.138s 6/8 293k
14 Alex Rins SPA Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1'37.401s 7/7 292k
15 Brad Binder RSA Red Bull KTM (RC16) 1'37.544s 2/8 293k
16 Franco Morbidelli ITA Monster Yamaha (YZR-M1) 1'37.668s 6/8 290k
17 Fabio Di Giannantonio ITA Gresini Ducati (GP21)* 1'37.882s 3/7 294k
18 Remy Gardner AUS KTM Tech3 (RC16)* 1'37.889s 2/7 290k
19 Luca Marini ITA Mooney VR46 Ducati (GP22) 1'37.91s 7/8 290k
20 Stefan Bradl GER Team HRC (RC213V) 1'37.937s 6/8 295k
21 Miguel Oliveira POR Red Bull KTM (RC16) 1'37.958s 5/6 290k
22 Alex Marquez SPA LCR Honda (RC213V) 1'38.014s 7/8 294k
23 Andrea Dovizioso ITA WithU Yamaha RNF (YZR-M1) 1'38.064s 6/8 290k
24 Lorenzo Savadori ITA Aprilia Racing (RS-GP) 1'38.244s 6/7 293k
25 Darryn Binder RSA WithU Yamaha RNF (YZR-M1)* 1'38.405s 7/8 290k
* Rookie
I notice that Zarco's Ducati is the fastest through the speed trap 300K/186mph It will be an interesting race and live on the terrestrial TV down here
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 May 2022, 13:06 (Ref:4108573)   #105
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
We have Bagnaia/ Ducati, Quartararo/Yamaha, Espargaró/ Aprilia, Márquez/ Honda and Miller/ Ducati.

The two first outperformed all the rest but I dont think the Yamaha could win at any moment of the GP.

Márquez always a gladiator, fighting against Miller, Espargaró, whoever he found on his way on or out of the track. What a champion! Zarco? Remains the same…

Great show.
Old 2 May 2022, 14:42 (Ref:4108666)   #106
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post

Márquez always a gladiator, fighting against Miller, Espargaró, whoever he found on his way on or out of the track. What a champion! Zarco? Remains the same…

Great show.
Apart from that scrabble for the last spot on the podium, the race was a pretty tedious but as usual that incredible save from MM mid race was sensational!
Old 2 May 2022, 18:24 (Ref:4108692)   #107
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I wonder what Yam' team will give to FB for the coming races apart minor changes like front fender and rear arm. What can be done in the long straights against the Ducatis?
In 2023, Suzuki throwing in the towel at the end of this season, MM could have Mir as team mate.
Old 2 May 2022, 18:41 (Ref:4108696)   #108
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I wonder what Yam' team will give to FB for the coming races apart minor changes like front fender and rear arm. What can be done in the long straights against the Ducatis?
Did you mean FQ? All Quartararo needs is a few more ponies.
Old 3 May 2022, 06:55 (Ref:4108724)   #109
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I didnt see this one coming.....

.Suzuki set to quit MotoGP at the end of 2022

This will have some mighty repercussions on the rider market, with the penultimate champion Mir and another frontrunner in Rins going to be on the market. That and will Quartar 'unsettled / unconfirmed at Yamaha it will be an interesting silly season. I imagine some riders currently out of their depth will be feeling uncomfortable about next year. Also those not perhaps performing at the level they need to (thinking Pol Espargaro at Repsol for one) I would think Honda might be keen on Mir if Fabs stays at Yamaha. Miller another we know likely out of his current seat for next year.

Less seats around aint good news for the likes of Toprak in WSBK atm.

Interesting silly season ahead in MotoGP land.
Old 3 May 2022, 07:43 (Ref:4108726)   #110
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Did you mean FQ? All Quartararo needs is a few more ponies.
Yes, sorry JR, meant FQ you're right. Yamaha say he will have more power and in fact more everything but only for next season. Re the french GP at Bugatti, I think Fabio can match the Ducatis, there's only one long straight.

One month to know if he'll be a Yam rider again…
Old 3 May 2022, 13:51 (Ref:4108775)   #111
S griffin
Veteran

Brilliant win by Bagnaia, this season is looking very open so far
Old 5 May 2022, 05:50 (Ref:4108936)   #112
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, sorry JR, meant FQ you're right. Yamaha say he will have more power and in fact more everything but only for next season. Re the french GP at Bugatti, I think Fabio can match the Ducatis, there's only one long straight.

One month to know if he'll be a Yam rider again…
can't say there were long straights at Jerez .. and FQ did won in Portimao.
so i guess there's more than just top speed

Ciao Marco
Old 5 May 2022, 06:01 (Ref:4108937)   #113
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I didnt see this one coming.....

.Suzuki set to quit MotoGP at the end of 2022
me neither .. it seems they need to get into an agreement with Dorna for a 2022 exit..

surely both riders should find top rides
so .. who's out to accommodate them?

Ciao Marco
Old 5 May 2022, 07:35 (Ref:4108946)   #114
S griffin
Veteran

I don't think anyone saw this announcement from Suzuki. It's a shame after they have made a great return to the sport after a few years out, culminating in them winning the championship with Mir two years ago. We'll see if Dorna allow them to go through with it
Old 12 May 2022, 13:46 (Ref:4109749)   #115
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Hope the weather will be fine all way long at Bugatti track. With Suzuki probably missing next year, discussions are in full swing. Can the tyre pressure rule be policed, will P Espargaro keep his place and so on! Fabio is expecting a warm welcome from his numerous fans together with Johann no doubt they'll gt it.
Old 13 May 2022, 10:39 (Ref:4109808)   #116
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Hope the weather will be fine all way long at Bugatti track. With Suzuki probably missing next year, discussions are in full swing. Can the tyre pressure rule be policed, will P Espargaro keep his place and so on! Fabio is expecting a warm welcome from his numerous fans together with Johann no doubt they'll gt it.
seemed pretty perfect weather in practice.
Old 13 May 2022, 15:08 (Ref:4109828)   #117
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
First fight:
1. Pol Espargaró - (Repsol Honda Team) - 1:31.771

2. Alex Rins - (Team Suzuki Ecstar) - + 0.109
Francesco Bagnaia - (Ducati Lenovo Team) - + 0.122
Fabio Quartararo -(Monster Energy YamahaMotoGP™) - + 0.141
Aleix Espargaró - (Aprilia Racing) - + 0.162
Joan Mir - (Team Suzuki Ecstar) - + 0.171
Jack Miller - (Ducati Lenovo Team) -+ 0.190
Maverick Viñales - (Aprilia Racing) - + 0.307
Johann Zarco- (Pramac Racing) - + 0.341
10. Luca Marini - (Mooney VR46 Racing Team) - + 0.357

MM always an acrobat! If you make some search you can find the shoulder cam video.
Ha, ça y est j'ai trouvé https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOPO1834QKc

Last edited by Gerard C; 13 May 2022 at 15:13. Reason: Found the shoulder cam link
Old 14 May 2022, 18:48 (Ref:4109926)   #118
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
With no less than 110 000 spectators, this GP is already a success.

The pole is for Bagnaia/ Ducati seconded by Miller/ Ducati, A Espargaro/ Aprilia, Quatararo/ Yamaha, Bastianini and Zarco/ Ducati, Mir and Rins/ Suzuki, Martin/ Ducati, M Marquez and P Espargaro and Nakagami/ Honda. Six Ducatis in the 13th first places…
Bagnaia makes the fastest lap ever with 1'30"450. FQ (1'30"699) says he's not to worried about his fourth place. Pourvu que ça dure!
Old 15 May 2022, 09:02 (Ref:4110040)   #119
S griffin
Veteran

No surprise to see so many spectators there, the French GP is already a success. Great pole by Bagnaia, with Miller alongside him, but Espargaro should be fun to watch and never rule out Fabio. The others will do their best to stay in touch. Once again Honda struggling

What a lap by Bagnaia though.
Old 16 May 2022, 14:31 (Ref:4110230)   #120
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
what a fail from Bagnaia too

Ciao Marco
Old 17 May 2022, 14:11 (Ref:4110373)   #121
S griffin
Veteran

He really threw that one away didn't he? This could something he might find hard to recover from mentally
Old 17 May 2022, 18:28 (Ref:4110408)   #122
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
He's learning again and again. Not only he was nervous during the race but it seems something went wrong on the front end of the bike, tyre or brakes or both, impossible to know. He lost a lot of points in France but the season is not over!
Old 28 May 2022, 14:27 (Ref:4111625)   #123
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
It looks like Marquez is going to pull out of racing for the rest of the year, Honda are about to make an announcement. He had another high side crash in qualifying at Mugello today
Old 29 May 2022, 09:10 (Ref:4111692)   #124
S griffin
Veteran

Big surprise the front row there. Di Gianntonio really pulled that out the bag. And on a weekend where Rossi's 46 is retired, both his team bikes are on the front row

Yet another big crash from Marquez leaves him likely to spend quite a bit of time on the sidelines. Wonder how much longer his career will go on for?
Old 29 May 2022, 11:41 (Ref:4111713)   #125
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Well Pedro Acosta made that Moto2 race look easy ! I wonder how long we have got to wait until he will be in the premier class ? Will he be the next Marquez ? Talking of Mark, I can't see having yet another operation is ever going to get him to regain his amazing past riding ability and I think that he should call it a day and come back down to Mojacar and enjoy life in the sun, like he has in the past
But what do I know !