Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 19 Aug 2018, 18:11 (Ref:3844753)   #26
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I'm a little late handling family drama. Has the race been all green flag thus far?
Old 19 Aug 2018, 18:12 (Ref:3844754)   #27
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I'm a little late handling family drama. Has the race been all green flag thus far?
yes
Old 19 Aug 2018, 18:18 (Ref:3844755)   #28
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No ... you jinxed it.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 18:24 (Ref:3844758)   #29
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
#67 looks like it's going back on track. If it can make up the laps on the #911 that's another few points.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 18:27 (Ref:3844759)   #30
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
what happened to the 911 Porsche?
Old 19 Aug 2018, 18:33 (Ref:3844762)   #31
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So, was the BMW penalised for the Lexus contact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
what happened to the 911 Porsche?
Engine failure.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 18:41 (Ref:3844765)   #32
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
911 blew an engine. And #67 need to complete half distance (I thought it was 3.4 but i guess not) in order to be scored ....
Old 19 Aug 2018, 19:03 (Ref:3844778)   #33
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
#67 looks like it's going back on track. If it can make up the laps on the #911 that's another few points.
Good work by the crew to pick up the extra point. 7th is 24 points vs 23 for 8th.

Could make a difference, but that depends on how the Corvette does today.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 19:18 (Ref:3844789)   #34
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not sure why the commentators are debating if there was a touch or not. Andy Lally just thumped the Mercedes. That's not a question.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 19:18 (Ref:3844791)   #35
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Are Hindhaugh and Shaw looking at different footage? That was clearly Lally's fault.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 19:28 (Ref:3844799)   #36
MaskedRacer
Veteran

So the only FCY was the #91 Porsche stalling on track due to engine failure? Say what? Since when does a Porsche 911 RSR engine fail?????
Old 19 Aug 2018, 19:29 (Ref:3844800)   #37
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm glad I'm not the only one there, the guys on FS2 basically called it a revenge punt for pushing his way past. If you can't defend then punting the guy who passed you WITHOUT contact is not ok. Personally think they should be parked not a stop-go, but that's more of a long term try to cut down on this driving strategy than penalty for that driving. But it's tough on the team for that level of penalty but I think something needs to be done before someone gets punted at a bad corner and things go sideways.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 19:33 (Ref:3844801)   #38
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Revenge punt? From the Road America last lap crash?
Old 19 Aug 2018, 19:34 (Ref:3844802)   #39
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Need to be watching Legge. She's closing on the leader. She's making time as much as the 93 is losing time.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 19:42 (Ref:3844806)   #40
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Need to be watching Legge. She's closing on the leader. She's making time as much as the 93 is losing time.
Ditto for Long - he's now only a second behind Legge, who is ~1.5s away from Baumann.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 19:43 (Ref:3844807)   #41
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Best day BMW has had in IMSA with the M8 so far. Right after the car was horrific at Silverstone.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 19:49 (Ref:3844810)   #42
Maelochs
Veteran

What a great GTD finish.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 19:49 (Ref:3844811)   #43
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
That tightened up nicely at the end. Simms measures it out in GTLM; Baumann holds on in GTD.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 19:50 (Ref:3844812)   #44
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Revenge punt? From the Road America last lap crash?
For daring to push past in the same corner, they felt Lally looked at his pass as too aggressive and so spun him for daring to be so forward.

Damn, think Legge burned up her tires trying to make the pass and it cost her with Long right there and he squeezed past her. That contact is tough but wasn't unfair or an attempt to muscle through. And I don't think either driver would begrudge the other for the attempt, she was on the losing end that time.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 19:50 (Ref:3844813)   #45
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great finish in gtd, would have liked to see Legge get maximum points there to tighten up the championship even further, but Long had the speed at the end.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 20:02 (Ref:3844817)   #46
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Legge seemed to have the quicker car for the last hour, but made a lot of mistakes under pressure and while pushing on sadly.#~Long was on it last few laps and you kind of knew a move would come, shame as Kat made a great move.

Superb racing though
Old 19 Aug 2018, 23:10 (Ref:3844853)   #47
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Glad BMW and Lexus got the win. Too bad the other cars of their's were involved in an incident
Old 20 Aug 2018, 15:13 (Ref:3844999)   #48
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i was at the top of roller coaster looking down into hog pen for the last bit of the race, and that pass that Long put on Legge was awesome.
Old 20 Aug 2018, 16:34 (Ref:3845022)   #49
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
That was a good, entertaining race. I'm glad that I've joined the ranks of people using a VPN to get the world feed, because hearing people complain about the lack of racing shown on Fox brings back bad memories.

However... 18 cars on a 4 mile track is not enough. It's okay at Lime Rock, but I can't imagine the gaps in waiting for a car to drive by in person at VIR. It's the reason I decided to sit this one out after having attended every race since ALMS started coming there. The Prototypes were amazing to see at that track and they need to bring them back there.
Old 21 Aug 2018, 19:20 (Ref:3845263)   #50
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Got back to the house last night.

WRS, I spent roughly the last 20 minutes in the bleacher there watching the Roller Coaster and the guys dropping down to Hog Pen. I also spent a good part of the Prototype Challenge race there; I've never seen so many cars come off the road in my life as I did watching them come into the right-hander at the top of the hill in the rain Saturday evening.

It was a little tough for me to follow some of the stuff. The cars with liveries that maybe don't stand out quite as much can be a bit tough to identify. It gets even harder when they're all clumped together so the engine notes are all mashed up as one.

I had a really good time. I will say, there are a few places I wish spectators could get to, or get closer to. I also think that zone by the Roller Coast could do with an extra PA speaker or two, and maybe a video screen somewhere there.

I also went down and spent the final portion of the Prototype Challenge race along the support pits at the South Paddock, and that was a pretty darn good view too.

Apart from the racing itself, the food at the track was good, though I decided to eat fairly light while I was there, and mainly just down liquid of one kind or another. I also got to catch up with our favorite Belgian lady bookseller, so that was quite nice as well.