Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Track Day Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21 Feb 2011, 17:44 (Ref:2834768)   #1
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In need of assistance

Some of you may know me from other areas of the forum

I am 40 this year and have ooked a full day in a car at the Nurburgring, something I have wanted to do for many years and can affod to do at long last.

Now, this is probabaly going to sound bonkers but it will be my first ever track day! I am renting a fairly low lowered car and am sensible enough to have done the research into what to do and what not to.

My issue is that I have tried to get everything familiar. RHD car, front wheel drive, fairly small car. no flappy paddle rubbish. All similar to the cars I have driven on the road.

Only thing I have never tried is the sort of semi slick tyres that are fitted.

I was wanting to do something over here simply to gain experience of these tyres and also as a sort of warmup to going over to Germany. SO I can experience the protocols etc/

Obviously I have looked at the various circuit events things but they are all based around teenager bedroom picture cars or single seaters for few laps and huge money!

Is there any way I could hire a car or put some money towards something that would gain me some experience of a track here and/or these tyres?

Can I hire a car for a cheap track day? Can I go in with someone else as a sort of pay hirer? Or am I limited to things like Silverstone, MSV package stuff?

Many thanks

Rob