Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Oct 2018, 10:04 (Ref:3857455)   #16
Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer has a real shot at the podium!Tourer has a real shot at the podium!Tourer has a real shot at the podium!Tourer has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old fart View Post
I think you will most likely find that the circuit is a cold hire and the hirer runs the event under whatever permit issuing authority they have chosen and comply with the regulations etc set down by that authority. It is a basic business transaction with the hirer providing the officials and hiring whatever equipment they may need but not own in their right.
Sandown would be similar I assume in that the venue is owned by the turf club and various organisations hire it for events under whatever permit they elect.
It can happen that way or for the events I ran at the time, permit was obtained from Eastern Creek (as it was then) and they offered a choice of either CAMS or AASA and the circuit provided officials etc as part of our hire arrangement. Its a question of where the hirer and circuit want to set the contract responsibilities.
Old 18 Oct 2018, 13:07 (Ref:3857506)   #17
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wasn't there a fall out with a certain driver/promotor? Or am I confusing it with something else?
Old 19 Oct 2018, 04:42 (Ref:3857663)   #18
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Wasn't there a fall out with a certain driver/promotor? Or am I confusing it with something else?
You're not confusing it. Robbie Gordon (series owner) was charged with doing burnouts in a SST on a Darwin street a couple of years back.

That's why people with no sense of humour have an increased sense of self-importance.
Old 19 Oct 2018, 06:50 (Ref:3857670)   #19
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was last year.

He was asked to donate money to a cause of CAMS' choosing, to make it all better. Which he did, and up until May this year, was allowed to continue to bring his show here.
Old 19 Oct 2018, 11:22 (Ref:3857713)   #20
Alan52
Veteran

Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The main bike series at Eastern Creek-Formula Xtreme-runs under AASA permit and has since 2010.
Personally disappointed the Stadium Trucks will be there next week as I am going to the meeting and find them the most moronic form of motor racing I have ever seen.
Old 19 Oct 2018, 20:26 (Ref:3857803)   #21
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Update - statement from SST
Old 20 Oct 2018, 00:52 (Ref:3857834)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrut View Post
I don't think there will be a risk of anyone being hit by a wheel at SMP this weekend.

No one will be there.
There will be more people working in the IGA warehouse across the road, or running the machines making Tim Tams, both just across the road from the circuit, than might show up to watch..
“Control is an illusion, you infantile egomaniac. Nobody knows what’s gonna happen next: not on a freeway, not in an airplane, not inside our own bodies and certainly not on a racetrack with 40 other infantile egomaniacs” - Dr Claire Lewicki, Days of Thunder
Old 20 Oct 2018, 06:58 (Ref:3857871)   #23
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be there, it's a pretty good program.
Old 20 Oct 2018, 08:24 (Ref:3857881)   #24
JAFA851
Racer

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After reading that article in AA and the letter, sounds like CAMS are making it up as they go along to suit their own agenda? Wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

Who is this Arocca dude? Some big shot at CAMS?
Old 20 Oct 2018, 09:11 (Ref:3857883)   #25
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Arocca is at the top of the pile.
Old 21 Oct 2018, 07:39 (Ref:3858094)   #26
Alan52
Veteran

Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Mr Arocca is at the top of the pile.
The King Of F4
Old 21 Oct 2018, 23:02 (Ref:3858275)   #27
Axeman444
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
The King Of F4
This forum needs a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
After reading that article in AA and the letter, sounds like CAMS are making it up as they go along to suit their own agenda? Wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

Who is this Arocca dude? Some big shot at CAMS?
Also ex-Big Shot at the AFL
Old 23 Oct 2018, 20:59 (Ref:3858706)   #28
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
“Control is an illusion, you infantile egomaniac. Nobody knows what’s gonna happen next: not on a freeway, not in an airplane, not inside our own bodies and certainly not on a racetrack with 40 other infantile egomaniacs” - Dr Claire Lewicki, Days of Thunder
Old 23 Oct 2018, 21:27 (Ref:3858715)   #29
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice program, I hope the competitors and spectators support the event
Old 25 Oct 2018, 10:28 (Ref:3859061)   #30
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Russell Ingall is making his Stadium Truck debut this weekend.