Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Nov 2018, 00:32 (Ref:3860452)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post

Personally I blame Glenn Seton

“Control is an illusion, you infantile egomaniac. Nobody knows what’s gonna happen next: not on a freeway, not in an airplane, not inside our own bodies and certainly not on a racetrack with 40 other infantile egomaniacs” - Dr Claire Lewicki, Days of Thunder
Old 2 Nov 2018, 01:01 (Ref:3860458)   #17
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just waiting for Frosty to let his driving do the talking...

He is gonna end up in a team worse than PRA and he is gonna rage and blame other people and it won't end well.
Old 2 Nov 2018, 02:34 (Ref:3860471)   #18
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That hurts, Scotty makes some work
Old 2 Nov 2018, 04:11 (Ref:3860478)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Pressure building... glass jaw?
“Control is an illusion, you infantile egomaniac. Nobody knows what’s gonna happen next: not on a freeway, not in an airplane, not inside our own bodies and certainly not on a racetrack with 40 other infantile egomaniacs” - Dr Claire Lewicki, Days of Thunder
Old 2 Nov 2018, 04:45 (Ref:3860480)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Old 2 Nov 2018, 06:04 (Ref:3860484)   #21
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Pressure building... glass jaw?
No doubt pressure is building, impossible for it not too.

But to say he has a glass jaw is pretty harsh.
I reckon he learnt a lot last year and he will be fine.
Old 2 Nov 2018, 09:34 (Ref:3860510)   #22
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I want to hear Cooper's Race Radio from Jamie after he drove past the bent #17........
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 2 Nov 2018, 10:34 (Ref:3860519)   #23
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
I want to hear Cooper's Race Radio from Jamie after he drove past the bent #17........
Wasn't it something like "nobody wins any points for the Friday grand prix"
Old 2 Nov 2018, 13:18 (Ref:3860556)   #24
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Wasn't it something like "nobody wins any points for the Friday grand prix"
Old 2 Nov 2018, 23:07 (Ref:3860628)   #25
JAFA851
Racer

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This time certain bulls**t is really starting to grind my gears. They cut 2 laps off the F5000 race, saved a whole 2 minute 40 seconds. But the gap between the last support race finishing and the Supercars race starting is 45 minutes!! What the hell are they going to do for 45 minutes?? Bet they'll have some bogan trying to sing, motorbikes doing rolling burnouts and stoppies up and down the front straight, and all manner of other bulls**t WHICH ISN"T RACING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I want to see motorcycle stunts I'll go to a motorcycle show, if I want to see someone trying to sing I'll watch Australia's Got No Talent. I"m watching this cos I WANT TO SEE CAR RACING!!!!!!!! Getting really sick of this **** from Supercars, they really need to get their act together on multiple fronts.
Old 3 Nov 2018, 00:12 (Ref:3860635)   #26
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That near miss from Stanaway on Coulthard was, umm, interesting.
Old 3 Nov 2018, 02:05 (Ref:3860637)   #27
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Glass Jaw repaired...
Old 3 Nov 2018, 02:15 (Ref:3860638)   #28
JAFA851
Racer

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the time certain **** with the support classes was because they were starting the main race at a time that had some time ( say 10-15 minutes ) built in at the end in case it ran longer than anticipated, that wouldn't be so bad. But when they do the time certain crap on the support classes, then waste time on frivolous **** before the main race, that then starts with no time to spare at the end, it's very hard not to feel totally ripped off, and I'm talking everyone getting totally ripped off - support class people, the main game people ( they do their strategy, pick tyres etc based on going the full distance ), the punters than pay a lot go get in the gate / travel / accommodation etc, sponsors that know there car should have won because it was on the right / better strategy for a full distance race, the list goes on.

Here's another one. In soccer / cricket / horse racing / you name it, if the result is tampered with, people get prosecuted / life bans / heavy fines etc. People bet on car racing too, so if you put your money on car x, and he's clearly going to win, but the officials call the time certain crap and he gets shafted out of the last 4 laps he needed to pass for the win / the leader to make his final pitstop / whatever the case may be, you lose your money, yet had the result not be tampered with by the time certain joke, the car you had your money would have won and you'd get a nice payout. I reckon there needs to be some serious questions asked about all this time certain stuff. Would be interesting if someone pursued it in the above case. If I had the money I'd pursue it out of principle, because it's ruining the spectacle.
Old 3 Nov 2018, 02:20 (Ref:3860639)   #29
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
Here's another one. In soccer / cricket / horse racing / you name it, if the result is tampered with, people get prosecuted / life bans / heavy fines etc. People bet on car racing too, so if you put your money on car x, and he's clearly going to win, but the officials call the time certain crap and he gets shafted out of the last 4 laps he needed to pass for the win / the leader to make his final pitstop / whatever the case may be, you lose your money, yet had the result not be tampered with by the time certain joke, the car you had your money would have won and you'd get a nice payout. I reckon there needs to be some serious questions asked about all this time certain stuff. Would be interesting if someone pursued it in the above case. If I had the money I'd pursue it out of principle, because it's ruining the spectacle.
With your incredible ability to predict the future surely you can't go wrong on the punt?
Old 3 Nov 2018, 02:39 (Ref:3860643)   #30
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Cricket is time certain.