Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Nov 2010, 15:34 (Ref:2794292)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thoroughbred Sportscars (MGCC) Thruxton 30th July

Round 5 of the championship.
Old 11 Jul 2011, 13:25 (Ref:2925070)   #2
jellison
Veteran

England
Surrey
jellison has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hoepfully manage more than 1/2 a lap of practice (Silverstone Fest) this time out!
Old 11 Jul 2011, 17:33 (Ref:2925165)   #3
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Those diffs seem a bit troublesome, is there anything stronger you can use?
Old 12 Jul 2011, 06:58 (Ref:2925392)   #4
jellison
Veteran

England
Surrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Those diffs seem a bit troublesome, is there anything stronger you can use?
Not the LSD (Quaife, so pretty bombproof - the smaller Salisburys in TRs do fail a fair bit), the CWP went - think it must have had a crack from Snett (drive shaft failing on rumble strip) that only failed when lent on at proper speed!
Old 21 Jul 2011, 12:30 (Ref:2929403)   #5
AGD A105/6
Racer

England
SW London
AGD A105/6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Timetable now published:
http://www.mgcc.co.uk/images/Timetable_THRUX_V4.pdf

Looking forward to it; another full HRDC grid I believe.
Old 21 Jul 2011, 15:46 (Ref:2929474)   #6
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As I live virtually next door I shall come and watch - somewhat cheaper than the Classic and probably more fun to watch
Old 21 Jul 2011, 21:14 (Ref:2929588)   #7
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One packed programme! Looking forward to it (marshalling), and hoping that all the grids are good.
Old 25 Jul 2011, 08:24 (Ref:2930757)   #8
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The MGCC grids look decent and this meeting is usually very entertaining.

Will pop along to see the HRDC in action as well.
Old 25 Jul 2011, 08:44 (Ref:2930765)   #9
jellison
Veteran

England
Surrey
34 cars in TSCC race alone! http://www.mgcc.co.uk/images/Thrux_TSCC.pdf + at least 1.

Lets get some good video from cars and chicane. Sideways out of there fro the camera's
Old 27 Jul 2011, 13:24 (Ref:2931762)   #10
LAK
Racer

LAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Full grid (with reserves) for HRDC! Jason and I are taking both the Aurelia and my Fiat Abarth but as we haven't worked out how to do a pit stop so we can swap the cars we will be driving solo for once. I'm out in my giggle inducing Abarth and just hope that Jason doesn't lap me in the glorious Aurelia - I'm guessing that my little engine will be pretty flat out for most of the lap!
Old 28 Jul 2011, 18:06 (Ref:2932209)   #11
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grids are looking good for all races. Only one with an entry below 25 cars.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 07:01 (Ref:2932354)   #12
Rikki Cann
Racer

England
Rochford Essex
Rikki Cann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry that I cannot make this meeting I shall however be raising a glass or two in memory of Roy.

Great grids, lets hope the weather holds fine.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 18:56 (Ref:2932918)   #13
jellison
Veteran

England
Surrey
Change of car for me - GRRRrrrr. Been 5 years bought time I ran it.

Trailing arm cracked on 6.

Curbs at Snett 300 now accounted for drive shaft, trailing arm and CWP in Diff!!! And ding 1/2 of one lap at MG Fest and no refund (CWP).

Lesson to me don't don none championship rounds - balls's it up for the races you really wanna do well in. Tits.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 19:54 (Ref:2932962)   #14
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellison View Post

Curbs at Snett 300 now accounted for drive shaft, trailing arm and CWP in Diff!!! And ding 1/2 of one lap at MG Fest and no refund (CWP).

Lesson to me don't don none championship rounds - balls's it up for the races you really wanna do well in. Tits.
Lesson to you, keep off the curbs.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 20:14 (Ref:2932970)   #15
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Kerbs? Be warned, the kerbs at Thruxton chicane are monsters and will do nothing for your lap time and/or sump..

Weather for tomorrow suddenly looking a little "iffy". Hoping it's a Met Office mistake.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 20:26 (Ref:2932976)   #16
jellison
Veteran

England
Surrey
Other car will be in Invitation class - you should spank me Tim

Live axle I can hit herbs nice and hard
Old 29 Jul 2011, 22:08 (Ref:2933043)   #17
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Friel View Post
Kerbs? Be warned, the kerbs at Thruxton chicane are monsters and will do nothing for your lap time and/or sump..
Not any more - I think you will find they have been flattened to keep those two-wheeled nutters happy in BSB.

Last thing I heard is that it makes it a swine to report four-wheels off at the chicane now because you cant see the offenders getting airborne!!
Old 30 Jul 2011, 16:54 (Ref:2933444)   #18
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
just back from a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon watching club racing at its best. HDRC had several battles right through to the end but in true David and Goliath spirit an A40 won from a Mk1 Jaguar. A safety car peiod closed the pack so the last 12 minutes were frantic and spectacular to watch. Several 10 tenthers were participating and I will not steal their thunder as I am sure they will tell their story in due course!!
The 50-65 race was equally enthralling - a very well driven Elite among the pack...and the MGBGTV8 race gripping - the modsports Midget that won was beautifully engineered and driven.
The meeting was the antithesis of the Classic and other top flight meetings but the banks were full of speccys (as usual) the paddock was full of atmosphere. There was one Winnebago in the whole paddock yet there were some very well prepped expensive cars which clearly belonged to well heeled owners.
So in short it certainly floated my boat.... hats off to the drivers, MGCC and Julius and of course the Marshalls!
I would happily have paid £12 entry and did pay £3 for my programme.
Definitely value for money and I am sure the race entries were less than EUR 1000 as well!!!
Old 30 Jul 2011, 18:04 (Ref:2933482)   #19
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
I would happily have paid £12 entry and did pay £3 for my programme.
Definitely value for money and I am sure the race entries were less than EUR 1000 as well!!!
Yes, about 750€ less.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 19:04 (Ref:2933518)   #20
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
An excellent entry, great races, decent weather. The only downside was the dreadful commentary.

As has been said, club racing at it's best.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 19:22 (Ref:2933528)   #21
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I thoroughly enjoyed myself in the 50-65 sports car race. Qualified 8th , finished 5th overall and won my class. Not bad for the smallest capacity car on the grid and only got beaten by the 2 Marcos 1800GTs, Keith Ahlers' Morgan SLR and one of the TVR Granturas. Beating all the MGBs and 2 TR4s is quite pleasing. Even get a nice mention from Simon in his post - you should have come over to say hello.

It is not often that the opportunity comes along to race at Thruxton and many of the drivers in our race had never competed there before. Most common comment I heard was "scary", particularly the back section where you need to keep your right foot firmly buried.

Next outing is the Bentley Drivers meeting in a couple of weeks, have entered the Elite in the 50s race and the WSM in the Equipe GTS double header.

Now going to sit down with a nice glass of wine and watch through the in car footage. I think I remembered to turn the camera on......
Old 30 Jul 2011, 20:21 (Ref:2933554)   #22
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Excellent day. Good racing, large grids. Marshalling at the chicane and didn't touch a car all day, says something about the driving standards. Great job done by the MGCC and a fine advert for the club.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 20:27 (Ref:2933558)   #23
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Friel View Post
Excellent day. Good racing, large grids. Marshalling at the chicane and didn't touch a car all day, says something about the driving standards. Great job done by the MGCC and a fine advert for the club.
I'm oh so glad the kerbs have been lowered there although you still launch into the air after the second one when you get it wrong.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 21:29 (Ref:2933578)   #24
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just got back home from the most fantastic day at Thruxton (marshalling not driving). Great grids, fantastic racing, club racing at it's very best (and like it used to be). THIS is what the BBC should be showing on Sunday afternoons not Bernie's circus. Am I the only one to think that Rupert Murdoch and BE is a marriage made in heaven and both are truly fit and proper persons to run F1.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 22:37 (Ref:2933624)   #25
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Club racing at its best, a welcome return to the MGCC to Thruxton, hope they come back soon, excellent commentary by the way, Post Chief - Chicane....

Bladders....