Nicholas Latifi 0 0%
George Russell 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15 Nov 2020, 22:39 (Ref:4017115)   #26
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
Driver of the day for me should be someone who transcends limitations, and today that was Vettel. His head was shot, and the car was terrible. What Ferrari have done (for both cars) what their drivers did today, that impressed me.
We think in similar ways re DOTGP - Vetee for mine too, he was in it all day, great to see some of his mojo back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Vettel drove very well indeed, but came 3rd because so many other people screwed up (in a spinny sort of way), just like LH didn't.
Was that sort of race though wasn't it - & let's not pretend that LH didn't benefit from other's screw ups - LH drove really well, for sure but in a race like this one, plenty of assistance from other's mistakes, same as for all the finishers near the front.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 22:59 (Ref:4017125)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, but all the finishers near the front were 25 seconds (at least) behind Hamilton......
Old 15 Nov 2020, 23:05 (Ref:4017128)   #28
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I went with Lewis but there is a good argument for Vettel really.

Car is trash. Bottom half of the grid at best. His head is mince, he's had a terrible year. He's on his way out of a team in the most disappointing way possible. His team mate has spent the year destroying him. It should've been a disaster.

Made up, what 8 places on lap 1? At one point was in contention for the win. Survived a Ferrari fluffed pit stop. Held on in front of GOAT in the best car. Was he one of the few drivers with no off roads? Or no significant ones anyway?

I voted Lewis but Vettels race was a stonker as well.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 23:30 (Ref:4017136)   #29
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had to watch it a second time before I could decide. Any of the top 3 could be DOTR.
Vettel? A good launch at the start and a lucky run through the first corner chaos had him well placed. Drove steadily to hold a top placing. Incredibly (considering the last few years) he made no mistakes.
Perez? Like Vettel, he had a car that was working nicely in the conditions. Preserved his tyres as only he can. Lost DOTR with that late mistake that let Leclerc through. How can this guy be out of a drive for 2021??!!!
Hamilton? Sensibly cautious early on, even if he did have the odd wobble. Relentlessly moved forward as the race wore on. Preserved his tyres without sacrificing speed. Won by over 25 seconds in a car that was not happy in the conditions. DOTR!

Verstappen was over-driving and looking panicky.
Albion generally looked better but spoilt it with a couple of costly spins.
Through the first half of the race I was seriously rethinking my opinion of Stroll. But the second half confirmed my long-standing opinion.
What might Ocon have achieved if his teammate hadn’t nudged him into a spin at the first corner?
Norris was looking quick and confident in the latter part of the race.
Bottas looked to be having a poor race but the first spin was unlucky and racing with aero damage was a big handicap today.

Congrats to everyone for avoiding any big shunts.
Old 16 Nov 2020, 03:12 (Ref:4017154)   #30
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettal with kudos to Lewis and Sergio and both the McLaren kids.
Old 16 Nov 2020, 05:12 (Ref:4017160)   #31
chrisklein90
Rookie

United States
Florida
chrisklein90 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another vote for Lewis Hamilton.
Old 16 Nov 2020, 09:47 (Ref:4017191)   #32
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I went for Vettel. Could also have been Leclerc, Perez, Hamilton or even Sainz.

Vettel made no (significant) mistakes. I'm sure we would have seen them, given the way his seasons is going. For once, he was very close to Leclerc in Q (even in front) and had a good start and a very good race (to his 2019-2020 standards)

Perez: 1 of only 3 to make a 1-stop work. The dryer the track became, the less at ease his car seemed, contrary to Lewis' Mercedes. Another podium, the best ever result for a Racing Point car, and 4th place in the championship.

Leclerc: was one of the first to go to inters and made them work. Not too many mistakes except for the last lap.

Hamilton: what a way to become a champion.

Sainz: nobody talks about him, but he didn't do much wrong either. Made a few passes on track. Was right there at the end in the Perez-Vettel-Leclerc train.

Last edited by gert; 16 Nov 2020 at 09:53.
Old 16 Nov 2020, 11:19 (Ref:4017216)   #33
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I thought Vettel did a good job, much better than he has been this year that's for sure. Although I'm not sure he would have done the same if it was dry, but at least it's something. But there were plenty of other good performances out there. Both Perez and Leclerc looked liked they belonged up there, as did Stroll. Sainz was ok, nothing spectacular, but the conditions certainly suited him and no doubt his car and that was shown by a good finish. Hamilton, despite circumstances falling in his favour was my DOTR

With Vettel, the problem is when we get to races with nice normal conditions, I am certain he will not be as good as he was yesterday. Back to the Seb he has been through 2020. Although it was nice to be reminded of his talent after a strong weekend throughout where the conditions seemed to fall for him

Perez showed his experience, which Stroll, despite his mastery in those conditions, is lacking when it comes to making decisions, like when to pit. Which was a shame after looking so calm and composed early on. But hey, hopefully Perez can now make a better claim to be on the grid next year. It's just a shame that it won't be with RP, that he and Stroll have done so well in this year

I expected Leclerc to come to the fore a bit, but was maybe a little overshadowed by Vettel and I didn't expect that even in those conditions. Of course it was a bit difficult after being stuck in the pack early on, but at least he came back and shame he threw away that podium after getting in front of Vettel. Never mind, normal service will be resumed next time

Again, easy for Hamilton in the end. No Bottas to threaten him and the RPs were easy meat for him in the end. However he recovered from early problems and deserved that win, despite very tricky conditions. Again it might have been very different if it was dry

Sainz, I was impressed with. Solid rather than spectacular and always has seemed to have a feel for conditions too. That's how he was able to pick off cars easily and get the job done. Was gonna be tough to beat the two Ferraris and Checo, but he was within touching distance by the end, so there you go
Old 16 Nov 2020, 11:52 (Ref:4017229)   #34
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Sainz.
Old 16 Nov 2020, 12:13 (Ref:4017237)   #35
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I have to say Sainz really seems suited to these conditions. His smooth style really helped him yesterday, as well as the car underneath him
Old 16 Nov 2020, 14:03 (Ref:4017263)   #36
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Another vote for Sainz - pretty much under the radar all race but great result, big improvement on where he qualified and got about as much out of the car as was possible. Honourable mentions for Hamilton, Perez, Vettel, LeClerc, Norris.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 12:13 (Ref:4017438)   #37
S griffin
Veteran

That’s the thing, Sainz is very understated. Maybe some days he tends to cruise around, but in conditions like this, his style pays dividends and he got a great result out of it. However I think Hamilton, Perez and Leclerc were the real stars of the race
Old 18 Nov 2020, 01:52 (Ref:4017586)   #38
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Vettel, up 8 places in one lap, still third despite Ferrari screwing up his pit stop, as usual.

Kudos to Lewis for resisting Mercedes' over cautious tyre change proposal.