Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 3 Oct 2007, 17:15 (Ref:2030031)   #1
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
[BTCC] Thruxton - rounds 28/29/30

wot, no thread yet ?

http://www.crash.net/news_view.asp?cid=10&id=155302
Pinkney's car isn't fixed after Brands so Marsh is standing down and letting Pinkney use his car. Quest have other commitments so Eoin Murray's car will be tended by some Quest mechanics using A-Tech's garage.

Not seen today's MN but apparently they are reporting that VX may run a third car for Alain Menu and SEAT are considering a third car.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 18:13 (Ref:2030083)   #2
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
wot, no thread yet ?

http://www.crash.net/news_view.asp?cid=10&id=155302
Pinkney's car isn't fixed after Brands so Marsh is standing down and letting Pinkney use his car. Quest have other commitments so Eoin Murray's car will be tended by some Quest mechanics using A-Tech's garage.

Not seen today's MN but apparently they are reporting that VX may run a third car for Alain Menu and SEAT are considering a third car.
Oooh, indeed - VXR fancying sticking another points stealer out there to ensure victory!

Problem is, VXR have only entered two cars officially this year, whilst SEAT have entered three though never raced if I recall?

So if Menu does turn up he gets slapped with 45kg straight away whilst the third SEAT will be a lightweight.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 18:18 (Ref:2030089)   #3
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
btcckid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i will have to tape the highlights in the afternoon and miss out on the whole races for the first 2 as me and my dad are at an antiques fair which is pretty annoying

fab to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 3 Oct 2007, 18:19 (Ref:2030090)   #4
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Nope, its irrelevant. SEATs 3rd car will carry 45KG if entered.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 18:32 (Ref:2030106)   #5
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Okay, found the point to confirm that then.

Quote:
1.11.1.c.i).
Cars registered for the Championship after April 1st, 2007, and those cars that miss one or more
Championship Meetings will carry a Late Entry Ballast (45kgs) at the first Championship Meeting
they compete in/return to, at the discretion of the Administrator.
Though the discretion of the administrator came into play with Turner/Thompson's entry last year.

But yeah, this third SEAT has missed 9 meetings - maybe they could just stick one of their factory drivers in the GR Asia car though
Old 3 Oct 2007, 18:34 (Ref:2030107)   #6
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Oooh, indeed - VXR fancying sticking another points stealer out there to ensure victory!

Problem is, VXR have only entered two cars officially this year, whilst SEAT have entered three though never raced if I recall?

So if Menu does turn up he gets slapped with 45kg straight away whilst the third SEAT will be a lightweight.
menu is great at thruxton so if he is racing,it won't make much difference as he is a great driver anyway!
Old 3 Oct 2007, 19:15 (Ref:2030147)   #7
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alain Menu racing a Vectra? Is this Opel replacing Chevy in the WTCC I see before me?

A third SEAT would be nice to see ... Yvan Muller?

I'd love to see AP making a guest appearance but the chances of that are slim to nil
Old 3 Oct 2007, 19:21 (Ref:2030151)   #8
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
Alain Menu racing a Vectra? Is this Opel replacing Chevy in the WTCC I see before me?

I'd love to see AP making a guest appearance but the chances of that are slim to nil
Dunno how serious you're being.

Opel replacing Chevy - err, no. Clearly Chevrolet has no branding problems releasing Menu to drive for Vauxhall for a ride, but unless Triple Eight is leaving the BTCC for the WTCC (err, nope) then Chevrolet it is next year.

And I would bet a large sum that Yvan Muller would never turn up in the BTCC to help Jason Plato win a championship! If it's anyone, it'd be Tarquini I reckon.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 19:22 (Ref:2030154)   #9
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Can you honestly see Muller willing to help JP win a title. They aren't exactly best mates.

Tarquini is best mates with Giovanardi, so maybe count him out as well.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 19:28 (Ref:2030161)   #10
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Vauxhall and Chevrolet are part of General Motors! Nothing to do with the WTCC, as Chevrolet have already signed a deal to carry on next year in the WTCC. (see WTCC 2008 rumours thread)

Quote:
You don't really think that will happen with the history between them?
Old 3 Oct 2007, 22:16 (Ref:2030321)   #11
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
haha, the 2 best drivers seat has under contract are not suitable to help Plato. I don't think the rest has any experence at Thruxton?
oto, Menu in a third Vauxhall would be awesome for the BTCC. It might atract even more fans to the race's.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 22:32 (Ref:2030337)   #12
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Well, maybe Boardman or Breeze then if there's a third SEAT. Adam a maybe, but due to no testing or BTCC experience, I reckon the first two would be the better Cupra class candidates.

Best scenario is SEAT confirm Adam Jones as a works driver for 2008 and drag him out of that Toledo for Thruxton.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 22:33 (Ref:2030338)   #13
redshoes
Veteran

So what we need is a quick driver, with experience of the Leon, without clashing race commitments, without clashing contracts, not already in the BTCC, who doesn't have a personal history with either Gio or JP.

grrrrr now where would we find someone like that
Old 3 Oct 2007, 22:38 (Ref:2030340)   #14
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Err, top two meeting your criteria considering 'BTCC experience' wasn't a factor:

Emmet O'Brien or Tom Coronel
Old 4 Oct 2007, 12:32 (Ref:2030785)   #15
redshoes
Veteran

I've heard one of those names from what is usually a very reliable source. That said I understand that nothing is definite yet.

Menu is now confirmed by VX.

Hopefully another (old) new driver in one of the privateer SEATs as well.

And there's some suggestions that Andrew Jordan will be out in the second Eurotech Integra, although not sure how realistic those stories are.
Old 4 Oct 2007, 12:39 (Ref:2030794)   #16
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If we are just throwing names into the hat, can I suggest Peter Terting ? Or how about a complete wild card – Shaun Watson-Smith?
Old 4 Oct 2007, 14:19 (Ref:2030915)   #17
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
John Cleland?

Frank Sytner?
Old 4 Oct 2007, 16:29 (Ref:2031039)   #18
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Third SEAT ... does that rule apply to an entry or a chassis? Could they try running a turbodiesel? Would be interesting to see one run against the Vectras
Old 4 Oct 2007, 16:48 (Ref:2031072)   #19
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo
John Cleland?

Frank Sytner?
You missed out Andy Rouse and Steve Soper

When I said 'old' I meant as in a previous competitor, not as in age.
Old 4 Oct 2007, 17:16 (Ref:2031094)   #20
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england

my suggestion BBB

aka Bring Back Beila!!!!
Old 4 Oct 2007, 18:10 (Ref:2031157)   #21
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by btcckid
my suggestion BBB

aka Bring Back Beila!!!!
Nah, he was rubbish, Biela was good though.
Old 4 Oct 2007, 18:17 (Ref:2031165)   #22
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Anthony Reid in the third SEAT please ... :P
Old 4 Oct 2007, 23:58 (Ref:2031466)   #23
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Question, when is the round taking place? Lol.
Old 5 Oct 2007, 09:05 (Ref:2031725)   #24
kizzers
Rookie

England
Axminster
kizzers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
13th+14th october-next weekend!
Old 5 Oct 2007, 09:48 (Ref:2031763)   #25
alfa57
Rookie

alfa57 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's Tom Coronel in the third SEAT