Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 May 2011, 12:38 (Ref:2875895)   #26
AndyD66
Rookie

AndyD66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Welcome AndyD66.
Thank you!! I'm guessing I'll have to wait til the entry list is published!
Old 11 May 2011, 17:37 (Ref:2878845)   #27
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
He was in a wheelchair.
No, John was walking at last year's Silverstone Classic and pushing his brother in a wheelchair!
Old 16 May 2011, 09:14 (Ref:2880951)   #28
JEB
Veteran

JEB has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Entry Lists for Brands Masters races will be made available next Thursday (26th).
I would like to see a good entry for the Indy Circuit races on the 28th - so if any of you are able to make it out you would be most welcome....

A Drivers' Party will take place on the evening of the 28th in the Kentagon and this will be an enjoyable weekend of racing for all....
Old 20 May 2011, 16:10 (Ref:2883171)   #29
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hi
I have entered:

March 721 in Grand Prix Masters
and
Porsche 914-6 GT in Stars of the 70ies.
My first race in the Porker

I have also lost track of what is eligible for which Masters category.
Are full face helmets allowed in the Cloth Cap series ?

Rudolf
Old 20 May 2011, 16:17 (Ref:2883174)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm in the SoS so see you there.
Old 21 May 2011, 09:05 (Ref:2883431)   #31
Dr. Alexander Lienau
Rookie

Dr. Alexander Lienau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I look forward for another excellent weekend with my Chevron B19 at the Masters Festival at Brands Hatch
Old 24 May 2011, 07:37 (Ref:2884976)   #32
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't think anyone has spotted this.

http://www.themastersseries.com/reso...oger_Wills.pdf
Old 24 May 2011, 07:49 (Ref:2884983)   #33
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Don't think anyone has spotted this.

http://www.themastersseries.com/reso...oger_Wills.pdf
I hope we dont need him in Race Control, we will call him up on Saturday and he will eventually turn up Monday night when we are all going home!!!

Good luck Roger (if ya watching) have a great time
Old 24 May 2011, 07:54 (Ref:2884985)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
I hope we dont need him in Race Control, we will call him up on Saturday and he will eventually turn up Monday night when we are all going home!!!
Now, there is an idea.
Old 24 May 2011, 08:04 (Ref:2884990)   #35
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Now, there is an idea.

So you are now going to enter every race? lol
Old 24 May 2011, 08:10 (Ref:2884993)   #36
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Lol.

I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend, driving a car that I've never driven before on a circuit that I last drove when I had hair!

Also hoping the Capri has brakes for Saturday.
Old 24 May 2011, 08:37 (Ref:2885008)   #37
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Brands has changed a lot Peter, you don't need brakes so much any more besides you've got to get there first.
Old 24 May 2011, 08:45 (Ref:2885017)   #38
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Peter, if by some unfortunate chance you don't make it to BH it seems to me that RW has a few minutes spare here and there and could probably fit in a drive in your cars.

Disappointment for you but the cars would become part of Historic Racing folklore.
Old 24 May 2011, 09:12 (Ref:2885026)   #39
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post

Good luck Roger (if ya watching) have a great time
....busted......
Old 24 May 2011, 09:14 (Ref:2885027)   #40
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
I was to fly Thursday but am going to try to fly in today as it looks like this ash cloud business will mess up the airports again.
Old 24 May 2011, 09:20 (Ref:2885035)   #41
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills View Post
I was to fly Thursday but am going to try to fly in today as it looks like this ash cloud business will mess up the airports again.

Good idea, being told here that it could be as early as lunchtime now that the major routes become effected, already causing aggro if heading north out of City and LDN Stan,

And in respect of you being busted....I'll just do ya with several stop and go's!!!! lol
Old 24 May 2011, 10:03 (Ref:2885053)   #42
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Sadly I'm stuck here until tomorrow evening. Could be a bit of a challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
the cars would become part of Historic Racing folklore.
They already are!
Old 24 May 2011, 10:44 (Ref:2885082)   #43
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

They already are!
Hmm, I knew the phrasing would be wrong there but I'm sure you get the gist of the idea!

Perhaps 'Modern Historic folklore'?
Old 24 May 2011, 15:50 (Ref:2885266)   #44
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
Waiting to board my flight, 1 hour to go and still seems all ok with Heathrow operating normally. Lets hope it is fine.....

As a precaution, I have booked a flight to Paris and one to Geneva tomorrow as these seem like the next best options if London gets closed.

Fingers crossed....
Old 24 May 2011, 16:07 (Ref:2885283)   #45
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Waiting to board my flight, 1 hour to go and still seems all ok with Heathrow operating normally. Lets hope it is fine.....

As a precaution, I have booked a flight to Paris and one to Geneva tomorrow as these seem like the next best options if London gets closed.

Fingers crossed....
It's still looking OK with only northern airports closed at the moment.
Old 24 May 2011, 16:30 (Ref:2885292)   #46
SuperDan
Rookie

United Kingdom
Southampton, Hampshire
SuperDan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be there on Sunday and Monday...signed on with camera in hand...
Old 24 May 2011, 20:16 (Ref:2885408)   #47
Lyddan1
Rookie

England
Lyddan1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all,
I'm interested in going to watch on Saturday for the Indy day, if there is a good entry , but where can i find an entry list?
Thanks.
Old 24 May 2011, 20:33 (Ref:2885427)   #48
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
That nice man with the Capri has given me a ticket so I'll be popping down each day.
Old 24 May 2011, 22:13 (Ref:2885470)   #49
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
Made it to Heathrow, all fine.
Old 24 May 2011, 22:25 (Ref:2885477)   #50
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Made it to Heathrow, all fine.
Good stuff, well done, good luck at the weekend and I hope that we DONT see you in race control....well...not for anything naughty!