Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 4 Jun 2019, 14:35 (Ref:3907894)   #4351
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulahistory View Post
I doubt we'll see Alonso in the Indy 500 in 2020. And if we see him, then in an additional Andretti , Carpenter or Penske car.
I don't see why we won't. McLaren have a year to plan this and come up with a similar arrangement, to the one they had with Andretti Autosport 2 years ago.
Old 4 Jun 2019, 17:53 (Ref:3907930)   #4352
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Alono’s not a quitter,he will keep going till he’s hopefully got that Borg Warner trophy
Old 4 Jun 2019, 19:18 (Ref:3907940)   #4353
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting comment from Brown stating the McLaren involvement at Indy isn't tied to Alonso.
Old 4 Jun 2019, 19:21 (Ref:3907941)   #4354
mstets
Racer

Chilton gives up seat for remaining oval races:

https://www.autosport.com/indycar/ne...-19-oval-races

Seems to me this will limit his future in the series.
Old 4 Jun 2019, 19:36 (Ref:3907943)   #4355
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstets View Post
Seems to me this will limit his future in the series.
Not sure about that. Don’t forget Chilton snr owns Carlin, not to mention his Gallagher interests.
Old 4 Jun 2019, 20:53 (Ref:3907954)   #4356
mstets
Racer

Didn't realize he owned the team.

Do they have two cars entered at Texas?
Old 4 Jun 2019, 21:36 (Ref:3907959)   #4357
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulahistory View Post
I doubt we'll see Alonso in the Indy 500 in 2020. And if we see him, then in an additional Andretti , Carpenter or Penske car.
Mmmmmm...inside info...??? Please, continue. (<all ears...errr...eyes... )

jimclark
Old 4 Jun 2019, 21:40 (Ref:3907960)   #4358
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
To be fair he did come in and do well at Indy a couple of seasons ago with no Indycar race experience before. Mind you he was still racing in F1 at the time, so I wonder if rustiness has anything to do with it
I think hustling a DPi and LMP-H around helps keep the cobwebs away though....

jimclark
Old 4 Jun 2019, 22:23 (Ref:3907963)   #4359
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:

Entry list: https://digbza2f4g9qo.cloudfront.net...190604T205516Z

jimclark
Old 5 Jun 2019, 01:22 (Ref:3907979)   #4360
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

I believe they'll be running Daly and O'Ward in Texas. Daly is in for 4 events including Texas and Chilton has 5 left with Dad's money. I believe Chilton Sr is involved in the sponsor Gallagher as well so there's a bit of leeway for the team I'd guess.
Old 5 Jun 2019, 04:10 (Ref:3907989)   #4361
mstets
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post

Thanks. I was wondering if the race was on Kimball's schedule or not.

I'm still surprised about Chilton giving up on ovals. His most memorable drive must surely be the 2017 Indy 500.
Old 5 Jun 2019, 04:11 (Ref:3907990)   #4362
mstets
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I believe they'll be running Daly and O'Ward in Texas. Daly is in for 4 events including Texas and Chilton has 5 left with Dad's money. I believe Chilton Sr is involved in the sponsor Gallagher as well so there's a bit of leeway for the team I'd guess.

Daly and Kimball perhaps?
Old 5 Jun 2019, 07:42 (Ref:3908000)   #4363
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Nooooo body's that good!!!
You must be clairvoyant.

Oh, yeah....I forgot....
Quote:

jimclark
Old 5 Jun 2019, 08:10 (Ref:3908003)   #4364
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I think hustling a DPi and LMP-H around helps keep the cobwebs away though....
I met rusty in terms of single seater racing
Old 5 Jun 2019, 13:33 (Ref:3908047)   #4365
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Man, my brain is having a rough week trying to rely only on my memory. Completely forgot what races O'Ward is out for this season, doubt he'll miss many next season if he's not in Europe with Red Bull
Old 5 Jun 2019, 20:40 (Ref:3908168)   #4366
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I met rusty in terms of single seater racing
I figured that. And maybe not so much the "Caddy", but the TS050 ain't that much of a slouch to keep everything "polished".

Anywho.....there is/have been many a driver that do/did just the 500 whilst being in nothing close, or even anything at all, leading up to the 500.
A couple right off the top o'me head:
This year and last, Oriol Servia.
And, in 1987, Al Unser WON the race when Penske plugged him in for the injured Danny Ongais (concussed in a practice crash).
BTW, that same Danny "On The Gas" finished 7th in the one-off '96 500 after having been away from big time racing since 1988! Talk about "rust"!!!

jimclark
Old 7 Jun 2019, 03:01 (Ref:3908384)   #4367
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
From MP's article today it seems like O'Ward might be done for the season. Sounds like his Indy Lights cash is done and the wreck plus missing Indy cost a lot for no return. Sadly it seems the Red Bull money won't be helping him any time soon in an Indy car.
Old 7 Jun 2019, 04:03 (Ref:3908389)   #4368
mstets
Racer

Quote:
From MP's article today it seems like O'Ward might be done for the season. Sounds like his Indy Lights cash is done and the wreck plus missing Indy cost a lot for no return. Sadly it seems the Red Bull money won't be helping him any time soon in an Indy car.

Is there money involved with the Red Bull deal? O'Ward has shown promise, but I'm guessing he would have a lot more to show for his season in an Andretti supported car. Hope things work out for him.

Indy is so important to the budget of any team. I think at this point in the development of the series it might be feasible to put some of the cash generated by the Indy 500 into the purses for other races on the schedule. Wouldn't hurt the prestige of the 500 at all in my opinion, but would help with continuity of entries for the rest of the season.
Old 7 Jun 2019, 11:21 (Ref:3908437)   #4369
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Is there money involved with the Red Bull deal? O'Ward has shown promise, but I'm guessing he would have a lot more to show for his season in an Andretti supported car. Hope things work out for him.

Indy is so important to the budget of any team. I think at this point in the development of the series it might be feasible to put some of the cash generated by the Indy 500 into the purses for other races on the schedule. Wouldn't hurt the prestige of the 500 at all in my opinion, but would help with continuity of entries for the rest of the season.
The purse for the 500 is ridiculous on its own, the drop off from winning to second is over 50% and it's precipitous after that. It's a total of 13 million and Pagenaud got 2.67 mill of that himself. I believe everyone in the field gets 200k but 4 down isn't much higher. There is no extra money to add to the purses at other races and Indy management would never let that happen anyway.

Found the payout chart link and most seem to be about 200-350k
Old 7 Jun 2019, 19:34 (Ref:3908524)   #4370
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
It appears the answer is no, Red Bull will not be funding his racing in Indy this season. Also it appears he does have 25 points somehow, BUT he doesn't get credit with the FIA for his Indy Lights championship as there weren't enough full time drivers. Or so has been reported by Chris Medland on Racer.com
Old 7 Jun 2019, 21:06 (Ref:3908541)   #4371
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
It appears the answer is no, Red Bull will not be funding his racing in Indy this season. Also it appears he does have 25 points somehow, BUT he doesn't get credit with the FIA for his Indy Lights championship as there weren't enough full time drivers. Or so has been reported by Chris Medland on Racer.com
He could always pay for it himself...
Old 7 Jun 2019, 23:22 (Ref:3908553)   #4372
mstets
Racer

Quote:
The purse for the 500 is ridiculous on its own, the drop off from winning to second is over 50% and it's precipitous after that. It's a total of 13 million and Pagenaud got 2.67 mill of that himself. I believe everyone in the field gets 200k but 4 down isn't much higher. There is no extra money to add to the purses at other races and Indy management would never let that happen anyway.

Found the payout chart link and most seem to be about 200-350k

I haven't seen a breakdown in recent years. 13 million sounds like a lot.
Old 8 Jun 2019, 00:31 (Ref:3908562)   #4373
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I haven't seen a breakdown in recent years. 13 million sounds like a lot.
For 33 drivers? And it's about 10 million across 32 drivers, averages to a little over 300k each. Last estimates I saw was 6-8 million a season was a reasonable number, slightly higher for Penske and Ganassi. Andretti was left off so don't know if they just make money work better or just no accurate numbers available. O'Ward got 1 million from Mazda for winning last season, and it was a stretch to get to 10 events with that and the sponsors, that weren't signed by HSR. And don't appear to have been signed for Herta either and the team is being funded by the crew buying parts themselves. There's supposedly a fear they won't make it to the end of the season either.
Old 14 Jun 2019, 04:26 (Ref:3909991)   #4374
mstets
Racer

Wickens update

Good to see that he is still making progress.

https://www.indycar.com/News/2019/06/06-13-Voices-Olson
Old 14 Jun 2019, 21:53 (Ref:3910226)   #4375
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Good to see that he is still making progress.

https://www.indycar.com/News/2019/06/06-13-Voices-Olson
Blimey, he's certainly made remarkable progress.