Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 14 May 2012, 00:22 (Ref:3074084)   #101
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovenzv8s View Post
Toyota has been allowed to enter the NZV8s with their own engine. This has effectively put an end to the likes of Nick Ross, Simon Richards, Dwayne Cater and Andrew Anderson as they simply will not be able to be competitive against the Toyota power plant. Even the likes of Inky will find it hard and will need to invest an awful of money developing their respective chassis/engine combinations to be competitive.
Why what is the new Ford and Holden engine that has been approved to go against the Toyota's?

The NZV8 utes have a Quad cam engine versus a pushrod engine,
and they seem pretty well matched???
Old 14 May 2012, 01:18 (Ref:3074097)   #102
ilovenzv8s
Rookie

ilovenzv8s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty sure that the Holden and Ford Utes have a different size air restrictors to help with the parity. Also different revs etc. Keep in mind that they also have different gear ratios which do make a huge difference.

Other important factor is that the Utes have been providing fantastic racing for a number of years and have got the formula right. Basically hotted up work horses.

I guess my question is how they are going to ensure absolute parity between the Ford/Holden and the new Toyota engine. Can the class act quick enough (ie after qualifying for the first race) to take speed out of the Toyota. Also how keen will Toyota be in taking their powered cars to an independent testing facility only to have power taken out of them to match the other 2. Not over keen would be my suggestion.
Old 14 May 2012, 03:20 (Ref:3074110)   #103
Racer Mike
Racer

New Zealand
Racer Mike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just heard that the Rally Xtreme covrage on TV3 on Sunday smashed the NZ Rally Championship which played on TV One at almost the same time in the ratings wars by a considerable margin.

Not a bad result for a class that doesnt have the full blessing of our sport and executive but hey what do they know? Obviously nothing! Get your head out of the sand you guys and start listening to your customers for a change.
Old 14 May 2012, 04:06 (Ref:3074117)   #104
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Mike View Post
Just heard that the Rally Xtreme covrage on TV3 on Sunday smashed the NZ Rally Championship which played on TV One at almost the same time in the ratings wars by a considerable margin.

Not a bad result for a class that doesnt have the full blessing of our sport and executive but hey what do they know? Obviously nothing! Get your head out of the sand you guys and start listening to your customers for a change.
the fact they were on at the same time is a joke, but logic would say that TV3 is usually where one tunes in to watch motosport, and I only realised i was on a different channel to a mate when he mentioned McConachy's starlet.

Rally extreme is nothing new, and previously had the full blessing of MSNZ........as it was borne out of their NZ Club rally champs created many years ago, and run under the same fromat until now where it is a north island only series.
Old 14 May 2012, 09:24 (Ref:3074227)   #105
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If TV3 don't get paid for Taupo, then what chance of any coverage for the NZV8's next season? Prime TV, anyone? Or one of the Sky shows...
Old 14 May 2012, 10:34 (Ref:3074268)   #106
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Corruption is well and alive at msnz, would the fia revoke the status is enough complaints were made?
Old 14 May 2012, 19:50 (Ref:3074536)   #107
ilovenzv8s
Rookie

ilovenzv8s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
If TV3 don't get paid for Taupo, then what chance of any coverage for the NZV8's next season? Prime TV, anyone? Or one of the Sky shows...
Well, not to sure but let’s look at the history.

TV3 from all accounts are still recovering from the last years hang over.

TVNZ where dropped when TV3 came around. “Once bitten. Twice shy” maybe?

Sky will be interesting as they have several sports channels so it could be a perfect match. Problem with Sky is that from a sponsor’s point of view it is the worst case scenario as it is not free to air.

Prime could be the answer team.

Either way NZ is too small to be playing the TV channels off against each other so let’s pray whoever is in charge of this decision gets it right.
Old 15 May 2012, 09:57 (Ref:3074730)   #108
sportsfan
Rookie

sportsfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all,it is rumored that TMC have withheld the last payment to TV3 for the Taupo round due to comments made about the NZV8 class by the TV3 presenters at the V8 Supercars at Hamilton.

I have replayed the commentary and can someone explain what the presenters said wrong. From what I heard they were reminiscing about all of the fond memories they had while racing in the class etc.

Also it has been brought to my attention that the coverage from the ITM 400 was at no cost to any of the competitors. If this is the case then I am confused as:

The Taupo round of the summer series was mid March.
The Hamilton V8 Super car round was mid April, serveral weeks later.
The humoured outstanding monies to TV3 are reported to be between $50,000 - $100,000.
TV3 have not been paid due to comments made several weeks after the final round.
The round where these supposed comments were made was in fact a free TV presentation for all of the supporting classes.

If there is any truth to the above then who the **** is responsible. We talk about us competitors bringing the sport into disrepute, then who ever is responsible needs to be removed from any position of authority.
Bad decisions are made every day but if the press get a wind of this they will have a field day with it. The last thing we need is another cheap shot at our sport due to a grudge or negligence of one or a couple of people.

As you can see this is quite possibly the straw that has broken this camels back and I am ***** off. Does anybody know who would of made this decision and do they have a back bone and come on this site and put the facts right.

Last edited by Woolley; 15 May 2012 at 15:30. Reason: Autocensor
Old 15 May 2012, 20:12 (Ref:3074983)   #109
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am quite astounded that so many people must have had access to the debtors ledger of TV 3 and are prepared to discuss some of the contents in such a sure manner on a very open forum.
Old 15 May 2012, 20:25 (Ref:3074994)   #110
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
I am quite astounded that so many people must have had access to the debtors ledger of TV 3 and are prepared to discuss some of the contents in such a sure manner on a very open forum.
Have you not read the NZV8 and V8Supertourer threads, aparantly NZ Motorsport is an open book, no secrets and everyone knows EVERYTHING going on... Or so you'd think
Old 16 May 2012, 06:16 (Ref:3075118)   #111
Racer Mike
Racer

New Zealand
Racer Mike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan View Post
Hi all,it is rumored that TMC have withheld the last payment to TV3 for the Taupo round due to comments made about the NZV8 class by the TV3 presenters at the V8 Supercars at Hamilton.

I have replayed the commentary and can someone explain what the presenters said wrong. From what I heard they were reminiscing about all of the fond memories they had while racing in the class etc.

Also it has been brought to my attention that the coverage from the ITM 400 was at no cost to any of the competitors. If this is the case then I am confused as:

The Taupo round of the summer series was mid March.
The Hamilton V8 Super car round was mid April, serveral weeks later.
The humoured outstanding monies to TV3 are reported to be between $50,000 - $100,000.
TV3 have not been paid due to comments made several weeks after the final round.
The round where these supposed comments were made was in fact a free TV presentation for all of the supporting classes.

If there is any truth to the above then who the **** is responsible. We talk about us competitors bringing the sport into disrepute, then who ever is responsible needs to be removed from any position of authority.
Bad decisions are made every day but if the press get a wind of this they will have a field day with it. The last thing we need is another cheap shot at our sport due to a grudge or negligence of one or a couple of people.

As you can see this is quite possibly the straw that has broken this camels back and I am ***** off. Does anybody know who would of made this decision and do they have a back bone and come on this site and put the facts right.
Just ask the CEO of MSC or the guys at MSNZ as its all interlinked, its also a knee jerk reaction over the coverage and promotion of V8ST.

You are right, it stinks and its not what the sport needs. Its out in the public eye as companies and people talk. If my business had a customer that abused me on a regular basis and then failed to pay their bill I would be telling other people in my game to stay away from low lifes like this.
Old 16 May 2012, 21:01 (Ref:3075458)   #112
Speedwayracer44
Rookie

Speedwayracer44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Mike View Post
Just ask the CEO of MSC or the guys at MSNZ as its all interlinked, its also a knee jerk reaction over the coverage and promotion of V8ST.

You are right, it stinks and its not what the sport needs. Its out in the public eye as companies and people talk. If my business had a customer that abused me on a regular basis and then failed to pay their bill I would be telling other people in my game to stay away from low lifes like this.
perhaps even the chairman!
Old 19 May 2012, 09:08 (Ref:3076333)   #113
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As I am unable to be at conference, would someone please keep us updated, as we all know that most car clubs do NOT report back to their members, nor do we, as paid up members of the organisation, get an accurate report of the real goings on, either the workshops or the general business.

On an NZ positive note, Monaco Historics may well have the exotic cars, but on a two and a half day meeting, we saw just 16 practices and 7 races... Most NZ Classic meetings would have bowled that over in one day. At least at most (non-televised) meetings, once the first practice session starts, it is all go, barring a lunch break, not a 30 minute delay between any track action. No wonder their race entry fees are so high.
Old 19 May 2012, 09:40 (Ref:3076341)   #114
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by socram View Post
As I am unable to be at conference, would someone please keep us updated, as we all know that most car clubs do NOT report back to their members, nor do we, as paid up members of the organisation, get an accurate report of the real goings on, either the workshops or the general business.

On an NZ positive note, Monaco Historics may well have the exotic cars, but on a two and a half day meeting, we saw just 16 practices and 7 races... Most NZ Classic meetings would have bowled that over in one day. At least at most (non-televised) meetings, once the first practice session starts, it is all go, barring a lunch break, not a 30 minute delay between any track action. No wonder their race entry fees are so high.
isnt it 'THE' job of your car club to report back to its members on the real goings on's of the conference...!!!!!!!!!!!..............thanks for bringing up a good reason for some of the problems that are hounding nz motorsport at present........limp clubs with no balls......and no i am not in anyway part of MNZ...but have a big interest from a business and competitor point of view....
Old 19 May 2012, 20:16 (Ref:3076579)   #115
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Unfortunately, you overlook the simple fact that a club rep cannot attend all the workshops! Any club that covers several disciplines is faced with the same problem, which is why a message board such as this can play such a key role.

A club rep may or may not represent all factions within a club and just about all will pass an opinion rather than report all the facts. All clubs of any sport have the same problem, as they are a mix of self servers and genuine representatives and all are subject to human frailties.
Often the longest serving and hardest workers are also the most blinkered and most ordinary members are just that, members, as not all are cut out to be leading lights and have the time to devote to club matters. All club secretaries filter info, otherwise we'd all be swamped with irrelevant jjunk mail.

What I am asking is that those who are able to attend, spend a couple of minutes to pass on some info as to what went on, as most minutes manage to be less than a comprehensive record. Items may well be passed, but we often don't hear how close a vote was or both sides of the debate, as many votes are far from unanimous.

The issues of CoDs and race fuels are prime examples.

Last edited by socram; 19 May 2012 at 20:25.
Old 19 May 2012, 21:43 (Ref:3076601)   #116
RogerH
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
RogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by socram View Post
Unfortunately, you overlook the simple fact that a club rep cannot attend all the workshops! Any club that covers several disciplines is faced with the same problem, which is why a message board such as this can play such a key role.

A club rep may or may not represent all factions within a club and just about all will pass an opinion rather than report all the facts. All clubs of any sport have the same problem, as they are a mix of self servers and genuine representatives and all are subject to human frailties.
Often the longest serving and hardest workers are also the most blinkered and most ordinary members are just that, members, as not all are cut out to be leading lights and have the time to devote to club matters. All club secretaries filter info, otherwise we'd all be swamped with irrelevant jjunk mail.

What I am asking is that those who are able to attend, spend a couple of minutes to pass on some info as to what went on, as most minutes manage to be less than a comprehensive record. Items may well be passed, but we often don't hear how close a vote was or both sides of the debate, as many votes are far from unanimous.

The issues of CoDs and race fuels are prime examples.
I don't know what the problem is in communicating what happened at the MSNZ Conference - it wasn't secret. In fact one of the issues that was discussed was the need to use more social media as the means for communicating with competitors and I suppose these forums are part of the social media as it appears a significant number of competitors frequent these forums.

The workshops this year were run in a manner that they did not conflict with other workshops so there was the ability to attend any workshop that was relevant. As a result there was a huge increase of attendance at the finance workshop which perhaps indicates people are concerned about the costs and financial performance of MSNZ and it's majority owned promotional company TMC (recently rebranded MPS). In fact, there was a motion passed at Council that in future the financial workshop meeting notes be minuted to ensure the issues raised were formally recorded.

At Council, there was strong questioning of the CEO of TMC and it was clear there were two camps - one which was dissatisfied with TMC and the other which considered the criticism was just "bagging". The outcome was that TMC was to be reviewed again in a years time in order for the new directors to have a chance to turn things around.

The remits regarding MSNZ exiting TMC, proxy voting and representation were all defeated - primarily as the close off date for remits meant that any Constitutional remit was outside the required notice time limit and was therefore invalid.

The big issue was the remit and discussion on MSNZ governance. This remit called for an independent panel to review the governance of MSNZ to ensure it is meeting the needs of the sport. The remit noted that there had been significant changes in a number of NZ sporting bodies in recent years with a swing towards governance by an appointed board. This remit was passed by what appeared to be a significant majority.

I have tried to give a balanced view of what happened but these forums provide the opportunity for anyone to have input if they have a different perspective.
Old 20 May 2012, 03:12 (Ref:3076638)   #117
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
gawd anything would be better than Gillette Motorsport!... or should that be V8 ST Motorsport wonder how Gillette feels about ST getting more air time than they do own their own show?
Old 20 May 2012, 03:31 (Ref:3076639)   #118
Biggy G
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
gawd anything would be better than Gillette Motorsport!... or should that be V8 ST Motorsport wonder how Gillette feels about ST getting more air time than they do own their own show?
I know right, promoting the next big local Motorsport event to the biggest available audience during a related broadcast! Crazy! AND with two guys with a bit of personality most fans won't mind watching, the nerve of these guys.
Old 20 May 2012, 05:36 (Ref:3076660)   #119
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
AND with two guys with a bit of personality most fans won't mind watching,
so, your saying keep Boothy and Mr Drake, and offload Mr SThaun STummerSTfeild??
Old 20 May 2012, 05:52 (Ref:3076664)   #120
Biggy G
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
so, your saying keep Boothy and Mr Drake, and offload Mr SThaun STummerSTfeild??
"Shaun Summerfield"? (odd error, S and T aren't even close on the keyboard and you made the error 3 times!)

He's the anchor, he isn't being dropped by TV3, where as the execs would probably have an easier time if they wanted to cut Drake or Boothy.

Hope that clears up any confusion you had about my post
Old 20 May 2012, 06:33 (Ref:3076672)   #121
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
the home of motorsport could come up with something better than repeating the same musical montage of STs crashing and bursting into flames over and over and over again.. or drag in ST people to gush over STs week after week after week. i'm sure there are other things happening in the motorsport world other than STs crashing and bursting into flames.
Old 20 May 2012, 06:41 (Ref:3076673)   #122
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
promoting the next big local Motorsport event
the Wellington Saints draw a bigger crowds than the STs did at their last big event have the supports classes for the 2nd or 3rd ST rounds been shown yet? or would that eat into precious musical montage time
Old 20 May 2012, 06:46 (Ref:3076676)   #123
Biggy G
Veteran

I think Boothy is a bit more than an "st person" by now, he's a good TV personality, and you may say gushing, a lot of people would say informing, however you want to take it I suppose.

To me TV3 has 3 "big" series they cover, NZ Summer Series, Supercars and Supertourers, so when their is no Summer Series to talk about it makes sense to promo the upcoming supertourer racing.

Quote:
the Wellington Saints draw a bigger crowds than the STs did at their last big event have the supports classes for the 2nd or 3rd ST rounds been shown yet? or would that eat into precious musical montage time
Comparing ST's with Basketball now? Straws anyone? Not one of your better shots at Supertourers...

Last edited by Biggy G; 20 May 2012 at 06:51.
Old 20 May 2012, 06:52 (Ref:3076678)   #124
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
the home of motorsport could come up with something better than repeating the same musical montage of STs crashing and bursting into flames over and over and over again.. or drag in ST people to gush over STs week after week after week. i'm sure there are other things happening in the motorsport world other than STs crashing and bursting into flames.
considering it's the rally season, i would be good for some of the lads to come in for a chat. i know TV1 has NZRC, but how about getting some of the Classic guys in for a pre-Otago chat, i reckon a bit of banter involving the the Auzzie V8 rally drivers would go down a treat, and they are likely to be in the country already.

TV3 and Shaun need to GTFOver the NZST monologue and wake up to everything else that could be mentioned as a gap filler.
Old 20 May 2012, 07:16 (Ref:3076680)   #125
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
considering it's the rally season, i would be good for some of the lads to come in for a chat. i know TV1 has NZRC, but how about getting some of the Classic guys in for a pre-Otago chat, i reckon a bit of banter involving the the Auzzie V8 rally drivers would go down a treat, and they are likely to be in the country already.
sounds good to me