Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 21 Dec 2012, 22:34 (Ref:3180954)   #1301
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
I agree with you Roger... I'm a little surprised that the 4 or 5 million dollars invested into the sport didn't warrant at least a mention.... Sure there's not enough space to name check EVERYTHING. But I would have thought, financially at the very least there wasn't too much that was more significant than the investment that V8ST have brought into the sport... certainly given the fairly obvious tension between V8ST and NZV8's you'd have to be pretty dim to ignore the fact that ommitting one would cause some waves.
I thought that it was a Xmas Message and not an awards ceremony

Not that I expected it but neither he nor any poster has mentioned the epay Silver Fern Rally, the Targa NZ Rally or any of the great Historic race meetings held earlier in the year either where I am confident that the capital value of the vehicles at any of those events plus the economic impact that these events had on NZ full stop would exceed that of any other sector or group of the sport.

Not a reflection on the poster but I do wish some people would grow up and stop being so PC with the expectation that everyone will get an award
Old 22 Dec 2012, 07:03 (Ref:3181018)   #1302
Club racer
Racer

Club racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
lol does everyone need a hug or something?? didn't realize everyone was so sensitive it's Christmas, right? relax.. rather than trying to pick holes in every little thing seriously

It's quite a big hole really, and an obvious way to build bridges. Have you heard of the word 'diplomacy'. Go look it up, just don't ask Laurel to spell it for you. Or you can just carry on finding it funny that the governing body fail to mention the investment - and the jobs, contracts etc - created by a major new series. Seriously.
Old 22 Dec 2012, 09:25 (Ref:3181041)   #1303
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
aww sounds like someone needs a hug be nice to nistfan and he might give you one club
Old 22 Dec 2012, 19:26 (Ref:3181185)   #1304
Racer Mike
Racer

New Zealand
Racer Mike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You raise a very good point Souther Man, they were great events especially the silver fern as it doesnt come around every year.

The silver fern and targa will never get recognition by MSNZ because they dont and cant control them. Perhaps the merry men will propose a "Silver Fern NZ Championship" and start their own one soon.

Ver narrow minded are our leaders and whats worse is that they have nothing, nothing at all that comes close to these successful events.
Old 22 Dec 2012, 19:40 (Ref:3181188)   #1305
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It looks like MSNZ only mentioned events they control, as if none others existed. Perhaps that is their brief but it shows they have little interest outside their own circle of influence.

They did mention the NZFMR though which is surprising, but why they would not mention the one thing that was the biggest news in the country regarding circuit racing just shows there is a typically blinkered attitude, a bit like they are "not speaking" to that event.

Childish if that is the case.
Old 22 Dec 2012, 21:00 (Ref:3181207)   #1306
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I giving it a big who cares. If this was the worst thing that msnz did during the year then it would have been a great year for Motorsport.

A say remember Christmas is a time for giving not receiving so stop complaining who wasn't in a Christmas email and think about the people that are truly doing it tough and the kids who don't get presents.
Old 22 Dec 2012, 21:28 (Ref:3181212)   #1307
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post
I giving it a big who cares. If this was the worst thing that msnz did during the year then it would have been a great year for Motorsport.

A say remember Christmas is a time for giving not receiving so stop complaining who wasn't in a Christmas email and think about the people that are truly doing it tough and the kids who don't get presents.
agree!
Old 22 Dec 2012, 22:30 (Ref:3181221)   #1308
raymond
Racer

New Zealand
Palmerston North
raymond should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Racer Mike;3181185]
The silver fern and targa will never get recognition by MSNZ because they dont and cant control them. Perhaps the merry men will propose a "Silver Fern NZ Championship" and start their own one soon.

WHat do you mean by control Shane? The only control they should have is via the governance/safety proceedures and requirements. They do this for these events.

QUOTE]
Old 22 Dec 2012, 22:32 (Ref:3181222)   #1309
raymond
Racer

New Zealand
Palmerston North

And just to add to that post, there already is a NZ Historic Rally Championship which the Silver Fern used the rules from (with permission) as a basis for the marathon events.
So maybe less looking for reasons to hate in the season of joy and giving??? Maybe I'm just too optimistic.
Old 23 Dec 2012, 08:14 (Ref:3181295)   #1310
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mitchell Race Extreme just uploaded a video of them firing up one of their Camry NZV8's (note, set the volume low.....my ears are bleeding into my headphones as I type this):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT9ry...layer_embedded

Would this be the second Camry from the shop? Or the first one? I'd assume it's the second...
Old 23 Dec 2012, 10:46 (Ref:3181327)   #1311
flyingduck
Veteran

So wonder who's driving it what's the rumors saying
Old 23 Dec 2012, 19:13 (Ref:3181420)   #1312
Racer Mike
Racer

New Zealand
Racer Mike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=raymond;3181221]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Mike View Post

WHat do you mean by control Shane? The only control they should have is via the governance/safety proceedures and requirements. They do this for these events.

QUOTE]
Good guess Raymond but keep guessing as thats what your guys are good at.

It is a well know fact you guys make life difficult for Targa and anything else you dont have your mits in.
Old 23 Dec 2012, 20:58 (Ref:3181449)   #1313
Club racer
Racer

Club racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
agree!

And you're both wrong.
Old 23 Dec 2012, 21:13 (Ref:3181453)   #1314
flyingduck
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Club racer View Post
And you're both wrong.
So I'm wrong on not caring well life must be sad at Christmas for you ebenezer!
Old 23 Dec 2012, 21:29 (Ref:3181456)   #1315
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post
So I'm wrong on not caring well life must be sad at Christmas for you ebenezer!
don't worry.. club just likes complaining it's his hobby
Old 23 Dec 2012, 21:45 (Ref:3181464)   #1316
raymond
Racer

New Zealand
Palmerston North
[QUOTE=Racer Mike;3181420]
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond View Post

Good guess Raymond but keep guessing as thats what your guys are good at.

It is a well know fact you guys make life difficult for Targa and anything else you dont have your mits in.
No; thats not a fact at all. MSNZ and Targa have a good working relationship that allows the event(s) to run.
Maybe you should ask Peter who allows Targa to run a clubsport event where the participants dont have to wear helmets and overalls and travel at speed on his stages?
Also if you think this is fact; then PM me with the things we have made difficult for Targa or anything else, or post them on here, just make sure that they are facts.

I will be talking with Peter Martin in the new year, so IF there are problems, let me know so they can be sorted.
Old 23 Dec 2012, 23:00 (Ref:3181483)   #1317
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Folding NZV8's into the Challenge Cup is what I suggested almost a year ago and glad someone listened.

Looks like it's all over now and that is a good thing.
Old 23 Dec 2012, 23:18 (Ref:3181492)   #1318
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
hmm first look at the Concept Motorsport VE's warpaint
Old 23 Dec 2012, 23:22 (Ref:3181496)   #1319
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Mike View Post

Ver narrow minded are our leaders and whats worse is that they have nothing, nothing at all that comes close to these successful events.
Mike, I think that a review of all the comments posted this year about NZ motor racing will show that there are some very narrow minded people all around the place.

AND.

It is not a requirement that "our leaders" build, manage and/or promote events, it is our responsibility so if you want to see something like those events taking place then do as I and a few others have done and get off your butt and make them happen. Our leaders role in all of this is just to set up and manage the structures that ensures that we can still continue to do so both now and in the future.

From a personal perspective I can confidently state that we have had nothing other than total and full support for the Silver Fern Rally from the MSNZ office, any MSNZ Licenced official and every member of the MSNZ Executive.

Merry Xmas everyone and for those coming south we look forward to a catch up at Teretonga and Timaru
Old 23 Dec 2012, 23:38 (Ref:3181503)   #1320
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
hmm first look at the Concept Motorsport VE's warpaint
It's nice, bar that hideously awful white box around the Total logo. From what I've been told Total were very very strict about the white box appearing around the logo.

The other mock-ups I've seen looked far cleaner.
Old 24 Dec 2012, 05:19 (Ref:3181549)   #1321
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by HProject View Post
It's nice, bar that hideously awful white box around the Total logo. From what I've been told Total were very very strict about the white box appearing around the logo.

The other mock-ups I've seen looked far cleaner.
well the white box does make the logo standout. i agree with you though.. would look better without it.
Old 27 Dec 2012, 21:05 (Ref:3182302)   #1322
Vanishing Point
Racer

Vanishing Point should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Folding NZV8's into the Challenge Cup is what I suggested almost a year ago and glad someone listened.

Looks like it's all over now and that is a good thing.
Looks like game set and match to ST, NZV8's will become part of Challenge Cup... great outcome I say. Some questions... Will MSNZ be held accountable for their involvement in the fiasco? What will happen to the TLX Cars? and what's Inky going to do now? On a side note, the Xmas message from Shane Harris was disgraceful ignoring Supertourers and their achievements this year, the man does not deserve to be in the position he is in. Plus what a joke the MSNZ Enduro Races Press Release was, embarrasing and desperate. As someone said in an earlier post... now it's time to go after those clowns at MSNZ and get rid of them.
Old 27 Dec 2012, 22:00 (Ref:3182307)   #1323
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
hmm interesting view lol cc has about 6-8 cars and isn't planning on going south of Taupo next year... yet there's a meeting at Teretong in a couple of weeks time for TL cars running under the NZV8 banner hopefully those in charge of the NZV8 class are more open minded and continue to run at the majority of circuits around NZ rather than sticking to the ones a couple of hours drive from auckland
Old 27 Dec 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3182310)   #1324
flyingduck
Veteran

The problem is cost promax. Flights from Auckland hotels and meals, rental vehicles and getting the cars and spares cost would cost about 5k a team which is a lot when you are trying to bring the costs down in what equates to a support class.

Maybe they should try to follow speedway and pay teams the grid at the springs this summer is impressive to say the least.
Old 27 Dec 2012, 22:45 (Ref:3182314)   #1325
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
hmm interesting view lol cc has about 6-8 cars and isn't planning on going south of Taupo next year... yet there's a meeting at Teretong in a couple of weeks time for TL cars running under the NZV8 banner hopefully those in charge of the NZV8 class are more open minded and continue to run at the majority of circuits around NZ rather than sticking to the ones a couple of hours drive from auckland
Once again, it should be reminded that the Challenge Cup class isn't 'the show' - they are a support/feeder category. As opposed to the SuperTourers which is populated by our best and most well-funded, the entire point of the Challenge Cup is cost-effective racing. Note also that a few of the Challenge Cup drivers don't own their cars, but instead are leasing them. So on top of the guestimated 5k per-team freight-costs flyingduck mentions, there's leasing costs.

Perhaps the funding behind them will grow once the category numbers increase (as they should with the merger), and we'll see them on more South Island support-bills.

As for the TLX's, it's a massive massive shame if they're relegated to the NZV8/Challenge Cup class in a detuned state. I'd love to see them run in the Xtreme series in their full-spec just to see how they go and how quick they can be.