Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 3 Aug 2012, 09:38 (Ref:3115530)   #126
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
they look fine for 2 cars that apparently ain't being built
Old 3 Aug 2012, 09:45 (Ref:3115532)   #127
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
they look fine for 2 cars that apparently ain't being built

built, but on the grid at the first round?
Old 3 Aug 2012, 10:23 (Ref:3115542)   #128
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is Simon Richards updating his hardware for the new NZV8 category?
Old 3 Aug 2012, 21:07 (Ref:3115781)   #129
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
Is Simon Richards updating his hardware for the new NZV8 category?
Speaking of hardware, has anyone heard anything at all about this NZ built sequential box? I have heard absolutely zippo, and I don't understand that!
Old 3 Aug 2012, 23:17 (Ref:3115802)   #130
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, I mentioned it before and was pointed in the direction of a Stockcar running a 3spd TTS box. Not really a great casse study for a circuit racing application is it?

You'd be feeling a bit nervous about it yeah? Are you allowed to mix and match new engine with old gearbox if it all goes pearshaped?
Old 4 Aug 2012, 01:50 (Ref:3115838)   #131
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you'll probably find that you'll be able to mix and match anything you want come December.....just to get enough cars on the grid. Even though this will go against the plan set-out a few months back. But then again last season they bent the rules as well seeing as at some some meetings they didn't even have 12 cars (i think the lowest was 8 or 9).
Old 4 Aug 2012, 02:37 (Ref:3115845)   #132
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
mix and match? you're allowed to run a new gen car with the old engine/trans. hardly a new rule change.
Old 4 Aug 2012, 02:41 (Ref:3115846)   #133
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
Speaking of hardware, has anyone heard anything at all about this NZ built sequential box? I have heard absolutely zippo, and I don't understand that!
The Tulloch Motorsport is being prepped for the South Island enduros as present. The engine, gearbox and diff have been remove for wiring and fuel line installation, before being prepared for tuning and testing.
Old 4 Aug 2012, 04:30 (Ref:3115860)   #134
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
mix and match? you're allowed to run a new gen car with the old engine/trans. hardly a new rule change.
Are you allowed to run a new engine with an old gearbox?
Old 4 Aug 2012, 20:44 (Ref:3116119)   #135
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
Are you allowed to run a new engine with an old gearbox?
I don't know for certain but I'd pick you'd need to carry lots of spares, because the old box is likely to struggle with the job asked of it.
Old 5 Aug 2012, 03:02 (Ref:3116195)   #136
Sommersby
Racer

Sommersby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thoughts?

http://www.3news.co.nz/Opinion-Could...6/Default.aspx
Old 5 Aug 2012, 03:34 (Ref:3116200)   #137
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
*wearing my NZV8 glasses* it's sounds like the st side has clicked on their meetings lack decent supports. but is recreating the tier 1 lineup from 2 years ago really the right direction of motorsport country? from the outside.. it looks like the first ones that jumped.. were more interested in running the show.. rather than benefiting the sport as a whole.

*taking off my NZV8 glasses* i think everyone is sick of the fighting.

ps/ you need to get the other side on your show too.. not just st people
Old 5 Aug 2012, 03:52 (Ref:3116202)   #138
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Nice work Sommersby, nice to see some genuine opinion on the show.
Old 5 Aug 2012, 04:53 (Ref:3116206)   #139
Sommersby
Racer

Sommersby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I understood the supports had been waiting for the last few months to see which series to go with.

ps/ you need to get the other side on your show too.. not just st people[/QUOTE]

The only problem is all the guys they've given us to talk to have ended up in either ST or V8CC.

I'm still waiting for the list of racers of the 8+ cars that I requested after being told were confirmed in March. I told Cooper and Fine, that once I knew who, what and preferably when and where it was being raced that I'd love to cover it...Still waiting.

As you know Steve, I'm paid to cover and report - I won't hesitate to question/criticise ST either. Which I did today in regard to MP.
Old 5 Aug 2012, 05:14 (Ref:3116209)   #140
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
who's steve?

it's a shame Mr Dovey or Mr Fowke haven't been put forward. at the moment.. there are far too many questions and not enough answers.
Old 5 Aug 2012, 06:36 (Ref:3116219)   #141
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommersby View Post
Its been a feeling of mine for a while that while the red/blue binary is complicated enough for our convict cousins, kiwi fans would prefer to have more choice to cheer about.

A full grid of big fast V8's with a variety of badges on the grill and quality racecraft from accomplished drivers would be awesome.

Toyota do rather march to their own beat however. If asked for a word to encaptulate their motorsport dreams - realistic wouldn't be the first one I'd choose

I'm not sure that Toyota really want to play in someone elses sandpit.
Old 5 Aug 2012, 11:14 (Ref:3116285)   #142
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
who's steve?

it's a shame Mr Dovey or Mr Fowke haven't been put forward. at the moment.. there are far too many questions and not enough answers.
trs headline the act, inky runs his car in club class racing as it would be to shame full for him to run in v8cc.

fg01 is in v8cc tier 1 is gone.
Old 5 Aug 2012, 11:27 (Ref:3116290)   #143
Vanishing Point
Racer

Vanishing Point should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
who's steve?

I bet Faulk would not front on Gillette... There are too many unanswered questions and he wouldn't want to be exposed to any scrutiny... Considering he is the CFO for Toyota.
After the crisis meeting yesterday with NZMS and MPL the Calendar for the new NZV8 class has been decided... The cars will not race in the south island... The Summer Series is dead... You listening Promax?
Old 5 Aug 2012, 18:40 (Ref:3116380)   #144
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanishing Point View Post
I bet Faulk would not front on Gillette... There are too many unanswered questions and he wouldn't want to be exposed to any scrutiny... Considering he is the CFO for Toyota.
After the crisis meeting yesterday with NZMS and MPL the Calendar for the new NZV8 class has been decided... The cars will not race in the south island... The Summer Series is dead... You listening Promax?
Time to cut losses and talk turkey with ST's. Could be the start of something great!
Old 5 Aug 2012, 21:44 (Ref:3116449)   #145
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if this season the North Island circuit operators are still going to charge the promotors the exorbant fees they have chaged in the years past for the use of their facilities for the summer series?
Old 5 Aug 2012, 21:59 (Ref:3116454)   #146
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommersby View Post
It was good to hear opinion instead of like many other media regurgitated press releases. Well done Beardo
Old 5 Aug 2012, 22:25 (Ref:3116463)   #147
Vanishing Point
Racer

Vanishing Point should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evomike View Post
It was good to hear opinion instead of like many other media regurgitated press releases. Well done Beardo
It was good to hear Shaun and his Sunday sermon, he is right on the mark. it's good to hear an honest opinion, Drakey and Boothie were good also.
Old 5 Aug 2012, 22:32 (Ref:3116464)   #148
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:

a few question..

so will the cars race in the north island? if so.. what season will they race in? are all the summer series classes dead? what about TRS?
Old 5 Aug 2012, 22:39 (Ref:3116466)   #149
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
IYou listening Promax?
guess you're the one that doesn't listen vp

right from the start.. i'm pretty sure all i asked from you was the source of your info? something better that "the street". i'm not sure if you're a disgruntled st member, a disgruntled tmc hater, or someone that listens to online gossip
Old 5 Aug 2012, 22:41 (Ref:3116468)   #150
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Time to cut losses and talk turkey with ST's. Could be the start of something great!
falcons with chev engines..dressed like commodores?

ummm no thanks