Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 15 Jul 2009, 06:34 (Ref:2502001)   #26
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Based on This it seem RBR wont have Mr Webber as senior driver next season...
I can't see anything in that link that suggests that Mark won't be at RBR next year.

On the one hand Horner says that Webber can be a dominant driver and the next he's out of a drive? Don't think so!
Old 15 Jul 2009, 07:14 (Ref:2502022)   #27
Lotusonpole
Veteran

United Kingdom
NW England
Lotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanalesi View Post
Also one of the new teams may try to get a seasoned pro, so this will play a big role too. Having drivers as Nick, Heikki and Rubens on the market is very tempting
There is a lot of logical sense in this to my mind.
Whether we get one Formula 1 or the split does happen, if the likes of the mentioned experienced drivers are available and there are no vacancies with top teams, for a new team to get one would be a great foundation for them.

But it is the silly season
P
Old 15 Jul 2009, 08:14 (Ref:2502046)   #28
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I would also add my name into the list of people that'd like to see Sutil goto McLaren. It's something that's been bought up for a couple of seasons now...

Also this definitive talk of Fisi going seems stupid. I know it's been heavily hinted that he's going at the end of the season, but this guy is driving the best he has in years. Last time I remember Fisi putting in giant killing drives was back in a second-rate Jordan Ford (04?). If Force India don't retain him, a new team should definately pick him up, especially with his experience with the newer cars.

Selby
Old 15 Jul 2009, 08:27 (Ref:2502050)   #29
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Actually I think Fisi is driving very well this year, but let's face it if he was in a comfortable position he'd be just as useless as he has been for the last few years. Once a make weight, always a makeweight. And I think the new teams understand this too.

I think Sutil would go very well in place of Kovalainen, who really should go.

There may well be a place at Brawn next year, who to fill it?
Old 15 Jul 2009, 08:46 (Ref:2502062)   #30
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yeh fair point. Light a fire under Fisi and his away

I honestly think Robbie K would be fantastic at Brawn... I'd love to see him and Button slog it out - Two very different drivers.

Selby
Old 15 Jul 2009, 10:08 (Ref:2502116)   #31
csirl
Subscriber
Racer

csirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The second rumour is that Nico Rosberg may switch to BMW to replace Nick Heidfeld. Again, it doesn't make a huge amount of sense. Williams seem to be getting better, whilst BMW are still lagging.
I cant see Williams hanging onto Rosberg next season. They'd love to, but they are unlikely to be able to afford it.

They've have some financial challenges in recent years - rumoured bail outs from Bernie. Lost some sponsors and due to lose their major sponsor at the end of this season. Remember that they were very quick to sign up for the budget cap - easy to guess why.

As long as Nakajimas bringing in enough funding to pay his way, he'll stay. Williams appear to be promoting Nakajima's image a lot more off the track leading me to suspect that they are trying to raise his profile to prepare the way for his elevation to number 1 driver in 2010. I would expect Williams to use a pay driver or one on loan from another team as number 2 in 2010.
Old 15 Jul 2009, 10:17 (Ref:2502125)   #32
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
AKA - A downward spiral..

Selby
Old 15 Jul 2009, 10:22 (Ref:2502129)   #33
csirl
Subscriber
Racer

csirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralta View Post
Here is how it's playing out for 2010 which is a big contrast to last year

Ferrari: Massa, Alonso
McLaren: Hamilton Glock or Rosberg
Renault: Grosjean Kovalainen, Webber
RBR: Vettel Buemi or Webber
Wiiliams: Nakajima Heidfeld or Barichello
Toyota: Trulli, Heidfeld or Sutil
Brawn: Button Webber or Kovalainen
Toro Roso: Algusuari Senna
BMW: Kubica Sutil or Klein
Force India: Luizzi Petrov or Shandok
Campos: De la Rosa, Perez or Petrov
Manor: Piquet DiResta
USF1: 2 useless American drivers probably Speed and Summerton

McLaren: Hamilton, Rosberg
Renault: Grosjean, Webber
RBR: Vettel, Buemi
Wiiliams: Nakajima + pay driver
Toyota: Trulli, Glock
Brawn: Button, Davidson?
Toro Roso: Algusuari + depends who buys/sponsors team.
BMW: Kubica, Hulkenburg
Force India: Luizzi, Chandok
Campos: De la Rosa + 1 other.
Manor: Whichever 2 pay drivers have biggest budget.
USF1: Bourdais and Summerton
Old 15 Jul 2009, 10:53 (Ref:2502144)   #34
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
I honestly think Robbie K would be fantastic at Brawn... I'd love to see him and Button slog it out - Two very different drivers.
Robbie Kerr is well off the radar. I can't see him getting an F1 drive.
Old 15 Jul 2009, 11:11 (Ref:2502154)   #35
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
lmao Apologies - I was referring to Rob Kubica

Selby
Old 15 Jul 2009, 11:34 (Ref:2502170)   #36
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
lmao Apologies - I was referring to Rob Kubica

Selby

I thought you must be a mate of Robbie Kerr's, trying to put his name in the frame.
Old 15 Jul 2009, 13:22 (Ref:2502219)   #37
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
lmao I'm sure he's a decent driver and that, but.......

Selby
Old 15 Jul 2009, 16:07 (Ref:2502325)   #38
LinkF1
Rookie

United States
Virginia, USA
LinkF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am not sure BMW are so keen to replace Heidfeld, he has consistently outperformed Kubica this season (finished higher in 2/3 of the races and has 3/4 of the team's points) while Kubica has consistently complained about the car to the press.
Old 15 Jul 2009, 16:34 (Ref:2502336)   #39
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
A lot of these drivers will end up driving the hair dryers that are WTCC cars next year, probably, some may end up attempting Le Mans, perhaps others in IRL of those you mentioned. And they will fail.
Very few will be good enough for the WTCC I'm afraid - They'll have to stay down in F1!

Kubica's fast and proper championship material. I expect he'll jump if there's a drive going at McLaren, Brawn etc.

Though Heidfeld's outperforming Kubica funnily enough at the moment - the difference isn't as great as last year.

Raikkonen most certainly will go and do something else now. Alonso @ Ferrari seems certain.
Old 15 Jul 2009, 16:52 (Ref:2502350)   #40
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by csirl View Post
McLaren: Hamilton, Rosberg
Renault: Grosjean, Webber
RBR: Vettel, Buemi
Wiiliams: Nakajima + pay driver
Toyota: Trulli, Glock
Brawn: Button, Davidson?
Toro Roso: Algusuari + depends who buys/sponsors team.
BMW: Kubica, Hulkenburg
Force India: Luizzi, Chandok
Campos: De la Rosa + 1 other.
Manor: Whichever 2 pay drivers have biggest budget.
USF1: Bourdais and Summerton
What do you mean Nakajima 'PLUS' pay driver? Nakajima IS the pay driver!

My stab:

McLaren Mercedes
Hamilton & Kovalainen

Renault
Grosjean & Barrichello

Red Bull Mercedes
Vettel & Webber

Williams Toyota
Rosberg & Hulkenburg

Brawn Mercedes
Button & di Resta

Toyota
Glock & Nakajima

Toro Rosso Ferrari
Buemi & Wickens

BMW Sauber
Kubica & Trulli

Force India
Liuzzi & Sutil

Ferrari
Alonso & Massa

Campos Cosworth
Algersuari & Petrov

Manor Cosworth
Villeneuve & di Grassi

USF1 Cosworth
Marco Andretti & Wilson
Old 15 Jul 2009, 17:10 (Ref:2502358)   #41
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Meanwhile, I don't believe any of the current junior generation are anything special. No one appears to be that outstanding
Hülkenberg.
Old 15 Jul 2009, 17:26 (Ref:2502366)   #42
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm not sure. He's a bit inconsistent from time to time. He's possibly the most gifted young guy out there, though

I'll throw in my 2p

Brawn
Button
I really don't know, could be anyone - Davidson, Sato, Raikkonen, di Resta, Senna or di Grassi
T: Davidson (probably)

Red Bull
Vettel
Webber
T: Hartley

Toyota
Trulli
Glock
T: Kobayashi

Ferrari
Massa
Alonso
T: Badoer/Gene

Williams
Barrichello
Hulkenberg
T: Someone with cash (Piquet Jr?)

McLaren
Hamilton
Sutil
T: Paffett

Renault
Grosjean
Kovalainen
T: di Grassi/Valsecchi?

BMW Sauber
Kubica
Rosberg
T: Klien

Toro Rosso
Buemi
Alguersuari
T: Hartley

Force India
Fisichella
Liuzzi
T: Someone with cash (Chandhok?)

Campos
de la Rosa
Pantano
T: Gachnang

USF1
Bourdais
Speed (if released by Red Bull) or Rahal or Marco Andretti
T: Rossi

Manor
Heidfeld
di Resta
T: Merhi
Old 15 Jul 2009, 17:28 (Ref:2502368)   #43
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Anyone with access to the subscription side of autosport.com should have a look here: http://www.autosport.com/features/article.php/id/2281

Mark Hughes has written an article about the silly season and he's certainly come up with some far-out ideas, e.g. Kimi has turned down an approach from Toyota, but his people are talking to Brawn. They (his people) expect him to be paid in full if he does have to leave Ferrari early, so there's a wild possibility that he'll stay and that Alonso will do a swap with Massa. How extreme is that? I'm going out for a while now, be back later
Old 15 Jul 2009, 17:33 (Ref:2502372)   #44
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would it be possible for someone to provide a basic summary of what Mark Hughes is speculating about?
Old 15 Jul 2009, 18:28 (Ref:2502401)   #45
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's Jonathan Noble actually

Other than what Strider has already said about the Kimi/Alonso/Massa conundrum, he also says:

- Heidfeld and Barrichello have approached Williams
- Toyota and Red Bull look "likely" to retain both drivers, the former after Raikkonen's rejection
- Toro Rosso will probably retain Algernon and Buemi unless Loeb impresses in his rumoured upcoming outings this year
- Kovalainen is expected to stay at McLaren
- Rosberg to BMW in place of Heidfeld (which we knew already)
- de la Rosa to Campos (which we know already)

There has also been a rumour that Klien could be in at BMW next year
Old 15 Jul 2009, 19:05 (Ref:2502417)   #46
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fisichella is only really impressive with small teams punching above their weight. That's why he did so well at Jordan in 2004 and at FI this year, and couldn't impress even when his Renault drive was on the line. He's the ideal man for FI next year, especially if they lose Sutil.

Bourdais to USF1 is a good fit - he's surely an honorary American after his success there (and his marriage to an American lady). Graham Rahal might be the best bet out of the IRL Americans right now.

I think this 'someone with cash' guy will probably get the second Williams drive above Hulkenberg.
Old 15 Jul 2009, 19:21 (Ref:2502426)   #47
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide View Post
Bourdais to USF1 is a good fit - he's surely an honorary American after his success there (and his marriage to an American lady). Graham Rahal might be the best bet out of the IRL Americans right now.
By any chance would Seabass be able to get himself a US passport, or does he already have one?
Old 15 Jul 2009, 20:20 (Ref:2502455)   #48
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Klien a BMW possible??!! That would be another inspiring signing!!

Grosjean could be in at Renault before the end of this season which should help him by the time 2010 comes around!

I would imagine Bruno Senna will again be linked to some drives. Hulkenberg isn't automatically a Williams shoe in. Anyone with access to the backing Petrov has will be in with a shout, now the Russian at least looks competent.

Dark horse for a drive with Campos could be someone like Marcos Martinez assuming he continues to (unexpectedly) wrap up the Renault 3.5 title?
Old 15 Jul 2009, 20:35 (Ref:2502462)   #49
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Pantano totally out of the picture at Campos then? I would be appalled if Bourdais got a USF1 seat, how about Carroll or Ant for a Manor seat then.
Old 15 Jul 2009, 21:10 (Ref:2502476)   #50
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
It's Jonathan Noble actually
Smart @arse! He also said in some many words that whilst it's fun to conjecture about drivers, which is what we're doing, nothing will be decided where they're concerned until the future direction of F1 is finalised. That's the first and over-riding priority
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I would imagine Bruno Senna will again be linked to some drives.
<--- I certainly hope so. I've changed my avatar again in readiness.
Closed Thread