Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Aug 2009, 04:40 (Ref:2519961)   #1
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hamilton gets a Naming Rights Sponsor!!!

While everyone has been crying into their tea cup about Bahrain possibly being off, news is through that the Hamilton 400 has secured a Naming Rights sponsor in ITM who have been an event sponsor for the last 2 events.

ITM have over 90 stores around New Zealand and are the largest independent building supplies group in the country.

ITM have really got their marketing sorted by sponsoring bloke activities - motorsport, rugby, and fishing. Most guys will like one of them, some will like all three.

ITM's motorsport involvement centres around the ITM 400 in Hamilton, naming rights sponsorship of Andrew Anderson in the NZV8s, and naming rights sponsorship of rally driver Dean Sumner in the NZ Rally Championship.

Linky
Old 12 Aug 2009, 04:49 (Ref:2519963)   #2
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andrew Anderson? Thats a good name... Andy Anderson.. his nickname would have to be Angry, surely.

Back on topic... good to see a naming rights sponsor sign up. I'm glad you said it was a building supplies company, I would have guessed that it was some sort of IT consulting company...
Old 12 Aug 2009, 05:02 (Ref:2519965)   #3
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He won't angry today, FJ. In fact, he will be far from it.

See, there is a V8 Supercar test at QLD Raceway tomorrow, and Andrew Anderson is turning some V8 Supercar laps with Paul Morris Motorsport.

I'd say that right now, Andrew Anderson is incredibly happy!

As a foot note, you will be happy to know that ITM's colours are green and gold. Don't go getting all patriotic on us and start singing Waltzing Matilda over a can of XXXX now

Last edited by Just Do It!; 12 Aug 2009 at 05:09. Reason: Gumbooted up the spelling of Matilda
Old 12 Aug 2009, 05:08 (Ref:2519966)   #4
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is an opportunity for a NZ company with green and gold colours to gain exposure in Australia - possibly with some intention of entering our market?

If Mr Anderson does drive in the enduros, I will be disappointed if there isnt a tattoo of a rose somewhere on his car
Old 12 Aug 2009, 05:12 (Ref:2519969)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It is more likely that Woolworths will get their ruler out and measure the ITM business up for a consolidation exercise

Mr Anderson is of Pinepac fame isnt he?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 12 Aug 2009, 05:32 (Ref:2519975)   #6
Just Do It!
Veteran

I cannot see Bunnings and ITM in bed together. Bunnings would struggle to market their way out of a paper bag compared to ITM. And you would need to get all the owner-operators in the ITM stores to agree....good luck.

Andrew is of Pinepac fame. A really nice guy, so hopefully tomorrow goes well.
Old 12 Aug 2009, 05:35 (Ref:2519977)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bunnings is from the other mob, Coles...

Woolworths is looking to start its own chain over here, and has run the ruler over Mitre 10, John Danks and others... but seems to want to go it alone
Old 12 Aug 2009, 05:46 (Ref:2519980)   #8
Just Do It!
Veteran

My mistake.

Interesting that Woolworths would want to do that. Wouldn't it be more productive to focus on sorting out Dick Smith or have they off-loaded that?

If ITM wanted to go into Australia, surely they would do it as Independent Timber Merchants like they have done in NZ.
Old 12 Aug 2009, 08:55 (Ref:2520067)   #9
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bunnings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
My mistake.

Interesting that Woolworths would want to do that. Wouldn't it be more productive to focus on sorting out Dick Smith or have they off-loaded that?

If ITM wanted to go into Australia, surely they would do it as Independent Timber Merchants like they have done in NZ.
Well the Bunnings comment is surely wrong & it is sure not Coles, its Wesfarmers & the scoreboard has the runs on it.

In the supermarket game, Wesfarmers are yet to destroy the Coles thinking, but I have faith ...

Not sure its motor racing. Then again Bunnings/Wesfarmers WA roots came to the party to help Garth take the FF title all those years ago - main opposition one Marcos Ambrose.

Last edited by cavvy; 12 Aug 2009 at 08:56. Reason: grave overlooktion ..
Old 12 Aug 2009, 09:03 (Ref:2520074)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
Well the Bunnings comment is surely wrong & it is sure not Coles, its Wesfarmers & the scoreboard has the runs on it.

In the supermarket game, Wesfarmers are yet to destroy the Coles thinking, but I have faith ...

Not sure its motor racing. Then again Bunnings/Wesfarmers WA roots came to the party to help Garth take the FF title all those years ago - main opposition one Marcos Ambrose.
Technically Coles is the mothership of the Wesfarmers retail channels, the largest piece at 3 times the sales of the Bunnings channel, yet Bunnings makes 50% more profit.. Coles is also the most unwieldy and disorganised, and annoying and frustrating and any other negative you can consider business in the country to deal with...

ITM were also a bonnet sponsor on the PMM cars in NZ, perhaps thats how the test drive came about?
Old 12 Aug 2009, 09:14 (Ref:2520087)   #11
rogered
Rookie

rogered should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
It is more likely that Woolworths will get their ruler out and measure the ITM business up for a consolidation exercise

Mr Anderson is of Pinepac fame isnt he?
yes, bruces lad
Old 12 Aug 2009, 09:19 (Ref:2520094)   #12
Just Do It!
Veteran

I struggled to understand parts of your post, Cavvy, after saying it was my mistake, but anyway....

Richard Goyder has got his hands more than full when it comes to dealing with Coles and the Fletcher "wisdom" of the service station lease deal.

The fact is that if ITM moved into the Australian market, it would make sense to do it with a localised partner and perhaps Woolworths is it.

Kind of makes for an interesting shopping experience if you can buy a frozen Size 18 chicken with your pair of No.1 strainer posts
Old 12 Aug 2009, 09:21 (Ref:2520097)   #13
Just Do It!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
ITM were also a bonnet sponsor on the PMM cars in NZ, perhaps thats how the test drive came about?
That would seem to be the case. I bet Andrew hardly sleeps tonight with the excitement of it all!!
Old 12 Aug 2009, 23:44 (Ref:2520524)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Confirmed
Old 13 Aug 2009, 02:49 (Ref:2520561)   #15
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
If Mr Anderson does drive in the enduros, I will be disappointed if there isnt a tattoo of a rose somewhere on his car
Rose Tattoo not so big over here.... Australians should think Dave Dobbyn in without Slice of Heaven.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 07:34 (Ref:2520643)   #16
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pics from this years Hamilton 400, ITM put on some girls and sims

Old 13 Aug 2009, 08:55 (Ref:2520677)   #17
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My WA upbringing

Quote:
I struggled to understand parts of your post, Cavvy, after saying it was my mistake, but anyway....

Richard Goyder has got his hands more than full when it comes to dealing with Coles and the Fletcher "wisdom" of the service station lease deal.

The fact is that if ITM moved into the Australian market, it would make sense to do it with a localised partner and perhaps Woolworths is it.

Kind of makes for an interesting shopping experience if you can buy a frozen Size 18 chicken with your pair of No.1 strainer posts
Blame my defence on my WA upbringing JDI (including sharing the odd ale or 3 with a Goyder, not Richard).

Bunnings & Wesfarmers is a success story not at all like Coles, so do not delude yourself.

But GTR is right, Coles are indeed difficult to deal with even in its latest form.

Back to motorsport I do know Bunnings knocked back a Porsche Cup sponsorship, maybe Woolies might use their suggested hardware chain as a sponsor (Dick Smith is an AFL sponsor).
Old 13 Aug 2009, 10:39 (Ref:2520731)   #18
I16
Racer

I16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got to love the Bunnings bit

http://www.mcnews.com.au/NewsArchive...Bonneville.htm
Old 14 Aug 2009, 00:15 (Ref:2521113)   #19
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
Hi Nedos, missed this comment before. Andy goes one better than a tattoo, see below - ITM logo on Andy's head (from 2008 Hamilton round)

For those that dont know Andy Anderson I believe he is taking a old Mustang to Eastern Creek for the Central Muscle Car round in September.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 01:13 (Ref:2527612)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
WW & Lowes to develop a new chain

Not sure they will need ITM...
Old 25 Aug 2009, 03:14 (Ref:2527640)   #21
Just Do It!
Veteran

When was ITM ever for sale?
Old 25 Aug 2009, 03:44 (Ref:2527652)   #22
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So will the new stores be branded as "Lowes" stores? Could be a good tie in with the Hendrick guys in the future for a Lowes Australia sponsored team
Old 25 Aug 2009, 05:32 (Ref:2527676)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
When was ITM ever for sale?
Everything is for sale... its just a question of price, and market forces