Old 15 Oct 2002, 10:31 (Ref:404650)   #51
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by Colin Mason
I think Montezemolo should grow up. He is afraid that Ferrari are just going to loose for once. He is acting like a spoilt child who isnt getting his own way, anyone agree?
I don't thin so!! I think he is voicing the same opinions of Ron Dennis and Frank Williams amongst others. I wouldn't be surprised if the others would take a similar stance if this stupid 9 point plan were to be implemented.

Valve
Old 15 Oct 2002, 10:36 (Ref:404656)   #52
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
With all 9 points implimented, F1 would loose its commercial appeal for many Teams, Engine suppliers and Sponsors.

Why keep racing when every winning edge you get is taken away, and the most creative, innovative and hardworking team has victories taken away from them?

Think about it
Old 15 Oct 2002, 10:41 (Ref:404662)   #53
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As has been said many times this year, F1 is bigger than Ferrari, or it should be. Only once the domination stops, will I turn my tv back on.
Old 15 Oct 2002, 12:27 (Ref:404822)   #54
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
touring, you better buy another TV then, the one you have will be out of date...
Old 15 Oct 2002, 12:38 (Ref:404832)   #55
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I agree with Wrex and VB. Of all the things to come up with to "help" F1, Bernie and Max have hit upon "solutions" that would do even more damage. Is there a problem with the water supply at FIA HQ or something? Sick building syndrome?
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 15 Oct 2002, 12:44 (Ref:404839)   #56
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
those proposals are just a way to distract from several financial issues involving the Concorde Agreement, like the dispersement of TV money to all the teams.(or so)
Old 15 Oct 2002, 12:57 (Ref:404852)   #57
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If so, then in the end everything would remain the same ? Uhn, it can't be, there are big money involved and to mention just one case, Globo TV Network (Sky/SporTV) has a deal with F1 management until 2008, and they are pushing hard them because the ratings are going from bad to worse.
Old 16 Oct 2002, 07:38 (Ref:405465)   #58
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari to leave Formula 1?

In the article i found on f1central.net, it took me by suprise that this was said, or even thought about.

Ferrari, one of the best known team in formula 1, contemplating leaving the sport they have thrived off.

You would not expect this team, who have just had their most successful year in the sport, to actually leave.

If ever....2004?

read this:

http://www.f1central.net/news/?actio...&newsid=101129

Tom.
Old 16 Oct 2002, 07:58 (Ref:405469)   #59
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Tom, I think there is another thread started a couple of days ago regarding this. Maybe you could ask the moderators to put your post in that thread, and delete mine please.

Valve Bounce

*BTW, is'nt Wrex a champion, and such a good moderator, I hope he leaves this post for all the world to see*

- Done VB - Wrex

Last edited by Wrex; 16 Oct 2002 at 08:47.