Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Jul 2007, 10:48 (Ref:1973796)   #51
Gore
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Gore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Woodster, I'd never seen that colour scheme before--very nice. I think a big part of the 191's appeal was a clear bold colour scheme on a beautifully simple chassis. I always liked the Sauber C13 (before they added the cockpit head protection) for the same reason.

Interesting to note in the second picture that the Jordan is liveried up under its original model designation, 911. The numbering system was changed to "1xx" at the 'request' of Porsche, but only, so I heard, after EJ had managed to talk his way into a free example of Stuttgart's finest...
Old 26 Jul 2007, 11:27 (Ref:1973842)   #52
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dunno about everyone else but I also liked the green 1979 Martini Lotus as well
Old 26 Jul 2007, 11:48 (Ref:1973863)   #53
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab
Dunno about everyone else but I also liked the green 1979 Martini Lotus as well
Lotus seemed to include great colour schemes with all their cars in the 70's and early 80's. Loved the Gold Leaf, JPS & Martini cars and also the Essex version.

I think this must have been one the first F1 to include the chrome effect in the design.

It also helped that the cars themselves were a magnificent shape as well
Old 26 Jul 2007, 11:54 (Ref:1973877)   #54
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Cheers Woodster.

Very nice indeed!

Selby
Old 26 Jul 2007, 12:48 (Ref:1973931)   #55
Turbo_Era
Racer

Turbo_Era should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually miss the old ligier/prost blue liveries...

And there's more on http://www.glink.net.hk/~alanw/prostgp.html
Old 26 Jul 2007, 12:54 (Ref:1973935)   #56
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
/\ Gorgeous. Forgot how nice that was.

Selby
Old 26 Jul 2007, 13:04 (Ref:1973946)   #57
Turbo_Era
Racer

Turbo_Era should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And the Honda concept livery looked excellent:

Larger: http://au.carnewstoday.com/car-news/...9114-img_0.jpg

Last edited by Turbo_Era; 26 Jul 2007 at 13:07.
Old 26 Jul 2007, 13:18 (Ref:1973956)   #58
kartracer41
Racer

United States
Michigan, USA
kartracer41 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
/\ That Honda was very good looking. So simple, but nice.
Old 26 Jul 2007, 13:35 (Ref:1973972)   #59
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_kyle
http://www.speedarena.com/news/uploa...es/002_007.jpg

The scheme that never was / probably never will be. Lovely mind you.
Looks great...shame about the artist CGI'ing the Michelin logo in reverse on the left front tyre though
Old 26 Jul 2007, 18:03 (Ref:1974223)   #60
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Parmalat Brabhams of the early 80s looked stunning. The white background with the black (or was it very dark blue / purple?) looked amazing.

http://www.racingsportscars.com/f1/1...-07-18-005.jpg

As a kid I always thought Jan Lammers Samson liveried Shadow was cool - not so sure as an adult though!

http://home.planet.nl/~wulle002/Rim00001.jpg
Old 26 Jul 2007, 23:02 (Ref:1974434)   #61
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycuk
The Parmalat Brabhams of the early 80s looked stunning. The white background with the black (or was it very dark blue / purple?) looked amazing.
Good call - That's a beautiful car in both design and livery. Simple but effective. Quite quick too.
Old 26 Jul 2007, 23:10 (Ref:1974437)   #62
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I always used to love the start of every season seeing what the new cars looked like with their new liveries etc.

I always had a soft spot for the Benetton B186:

The JPS and the Gold Leaf Loti were beautiful too!
Old 27 Jul 2007, 07:31 (Ref:1974553)   #63
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe just because it evokes happy memories of watching my childhood hero Nige finally win the WDC, but the FW14B is lovely:

Reminds me of sparks coming out the back of the car and battles with Senna (Monaco and Spain, to name a couple!)
Old 27 Jul 2007, 11:43 (Ref:1974719)   #64
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I always used to love the start of every season seeing what the new cars looked like with their new liveries etc.
Do you not anymore?
Old 27 Jul 2007, 12:08 (Ref:1974730)   #65
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer
Do you not anymore?

Not for me really. Sadly, as the years have passed, the F1 car of today is no longer the thing of beauty I used to think it was in years past........
Old 27 Jul 2007, 12:11 (Ref:1974732)   #66
JT1
Rookie

United Kingdom
Enstone
JT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I miss the blue/yellows from the 2005/06 seasons - still lamenting!

Old 27 Jul 2007, 14:59 (Ref:1974763)   #67
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Not for me really. Sadly, as the years have passed, the F1 car of today is no longer the thing of beauty I used to think it was in years past........
I agree. When I was younger all the cars looked different, sometimes the teams would come out with something different now and again. The liveries have gone stale, no pizzaz or punch. I did like the Chesterfield Arrows as mentioned on the 1st post.

Its always coroprate sponsorship now, the teams can't paint their cars in any colour they wish now, the airbox doesn't have to be that big, its just more advertising space.
Old 27 Jul 2007, 15:47 (Ref:1974810)   #68
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarr
I agree. When I was younger all the cars looked different, sometimes the teams would come out with something different now and again. The liveries have gone stale, no pizzaz or punch. I did like the Chesterfield Arrows as mentioned on the 1st post.

Its always coroprate sponsorship now, the teams can't paint their cars in any colour they wish now
It wasn't all that different when you were a young one (unless you are lying about your age). The sponsorship era was well under way by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarr
the airbox doesn't have to be that big, its just more advertising space.
Yes, before 2004 the engine covers were getting tiny and the FIA brought in some regs which went some way to appease the sponsors. Larger engine covers, bigger rear wing endplates etc...

Quite hideous they look too.
Old 27 Jul 2007, 15:55 (Ref:1974818)   #69
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agree on that point Knowlesy. It's the one thing that let's the BMW Sauber car down I feel.
Old 29 Jul 2007, 07:15 (Ref:1975587)   #70
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Favourites...
BRM P261 green-dayglo nose band
Dan Gurneys 67-68 Eagle Weslake
Mclaren M7, M14 papaya orange
68 Lotus 49 Gold Leaf
73 McLaren M23 Yardley
Martini BT44
Parmalat BT49/50/51
Benetton BMW
Wolf WR1
Old 29 Jul 2007, 08:35 (Ref:1975621)   #71
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me it’s got to be the JPS cars

http://www.atspeedimages.com/limeroc...v_lotus_79.jpg

http://www.carmovies.net/gallery/alb...ial_F1_car.jpg

Partly because of the link of sponsorship with the down under tourers. I use to go to the NZ races like the Nissan Mobil 500 or watching Jim Richards in the JPS BMW 635 and watching the James Hardie 1000 Bathurst on TV with the Jim & Tony Longhurst combo.

http://devel2.easynetpresence.com.au...ebsite-pic.jpg

http://devel2.easynetpresence.com.au...orner-shot.jpg

http://www.essgaragedoors.com.au/?sh...ategory_id=231
Old 29 Jul 2007, 09:03 (Ref:1975633)   #72
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm actually a fan of Red Bull's paintschemes. Neat, clean, and flowing.

But the JPS Lotus is surely the best.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 29 Jul 2007, 09:49 (Ref:1975668)   #73
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably my favourite livery has been the 1989 Benetton.
Other faves include the turquoise Leyton House livery.
And the prettiest car in terms of shape and graphics has been the utterly slow first 92 Sasol Jordan Yamaha.
As far as champion's cars go, the green and pale blue Benetton from 94 and the "red 5" Williams from 92 looked great.
Old 29 Jul 2007, 09:59 (Ref:1975673)   #74
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by baclightning
OK if I nominate a car from the pre-sponsorship era? I've always loved the Team Lotus Lotus 25 - the British Racing Green, the yellow stripe, the yellow wheels, the yellow pinstripe with "Team Lotus". It's a great looking scheme (I know this is a model, but it shows it off well).

http://www.etamiya.com/shop/images/t...odel/20044.jpg
Who says F1 cars don't look good without wings!

This seasons Honda looked good in black (but what doesn't ?),until they decided to throw some scenery at it (isn't it usually the other way around ?).

Last edited by Marbot; 29 Jul 2007 at 10:04.
Old 29 Jul 2007, 10:25 (Ref:1975681)   #75
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok then, in no particular order, -
Tyrrell 009/010, Candy.
Arrows A2, Warsteiner.
Brabham BT49, Parmalat.
Arrows A6, Barclay.
Ligier JS21, Gitanes.
RAM 03, Skoal Bandit.
Brabham BT55, Olivetti.
Says a lot about my age really, i was born in 1970 so i guess there is a lot of nostalgia in my choices, i also put the favourite car shape with the livery if that makes sense. (fav brabham with parmalat/ ligier with gitanes etc)