Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Aug 2019, 11:47 (Ref:3920819)   #351
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Festival is the best thing in UK Historic racing!

This. In fact I've been saying it for years from the spectator/trader POV.

Historic racing is all about the cars, even the FIA agrees and access to the cars at SC is truly spectacular. MiniMM arrived early this year, and spent time in the pits well before the teams turned up just *being* there. No extra passes, no fancy dress. The teams get into it too, talking with the fans all day.

My favourite race meeting.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 2 Aug 2019, 19:57 (Ref:3920866)   #352
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Touring car race on Sunday morning, some taken from the Luffield grandstand and others from the terrace. Saturdays gallery is now online here https://motorsportintheuk.co.uk/p398100681 for those that can't sleep.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3125.jpg   IMG_3139.jpg   IMG_3457.jpg  

IMG_3162.jpg   IMG_3225.jpg   IMG_3508.jpg  

Old 2 Aug 2019, 20:10 (Ref:3920869)   #353
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Historic F1:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3603.jpg   IMG_3612.jpg   IMG_3614.jpg  

IMG_3658.jpg   IMG_3655.jpg   IMG_3639.jpg  

Old 2 Aug 2019, 21:28 (Ref:3920877)   #354
brands
Veteran

Final batch from me, pre '66 GT cars. Unable to get a tenths team photo
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3778.jpg   IMG_3882.jpg   IMG_3852.jpg  

IMG_3928.jpg   IMG_3814.jpg   IMG_4021.jpg  

Old 3 Aug 2019, 05:01 (Ref:3920918)   #355
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for these. All very good pics including those manual pics.
Old 14 Aug 2019, 17:07 (Ref:3922744)   #356
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Seems the races are on the Silverstone Classic YouTube channel....

https://m.youtube.com/user/SilverstoneClassicTV/videos

And if you want a quicker roundup, ITV4 Sunday eve after the BTCC coverage is finished.

https://www.silverstoneclassic.com/

Last edited by Mike Bell; 14 Aug 2019 at 18:18. Reason: Typo
Old 15 Aug 2019, 21:29 (Ref:3922905)   #357
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Seems the races are on the Silverstone Classic YouTube channel....

https://m.youtube.com/user/SilverstoneClassicTV/videos

And if you want a quicker roundup, ITV4 Sunday eve after the BTCC coverage is finished.

https://www.silverstoneclassic.com/
Loved watching the HTCC, Minis, F1,2 &3 and Thundersports on the YT channel!!
Old 16 Aug 2019, 05:08 (Ref:3922929)   #358
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Loved watching the HTCC, Minis, F1,2 &3 and Thundersports on the YT channel!!
I watched the pre ‘66 GT race and the commentary to start with was terrible! Mainly due to the fact that the two commentators didn’t have a list of which driver was starting each car. Did see several shots of a certain white MGB, which at one point seemed to be facing the wrong way......
Old 16 Aug 2019, 05:21 (Ref:3922931)   #359
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ooh you can be so cruel. Will have to watch that. I still don't understand what exactly happened but I think I may have just got a little too far wide out of Becketts. The Vbox doesn't show me any faster or slower at the point of spinning.
Old 16 Aug 2019, 08:37 (Ref:3922948)   #360
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Fantastic photos ,thanks. Not sure if that is me or Robert on three wheels. Anyone seen the proposed date for next year. They are talking about first weekend in August. Problems already for us as this will class with Copenhagen.
Old 16 Aug 2019, 09:35 (Ref:3922951)   #361
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Fantastic photos ,thanks. Not sure if that is me or Robert on three wheels. Anyone seen the proposed date for next year. They are talking about first weekend in August. Problems already for us as this will class with Copenhagen.
Yes, it’s provisionally July 31st to Aug 2nd, which is 2 weeks after BGP. If that moves for any reason, the Classic will likely move as well.....
Old 16 Aug 2019, 09:38 (Ref:3922952)   #362
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, it’s provisionally July 31st to Aug 2nd, which is 2 weeks after BGP. If that moves for any reason, the Classic will likely move as well.....
Hope not for me as my dad is due to go to Assen for Cycling the weekend that its traditionally been on.

Will be strange though having the classic in August.

Busy July in Le Mans and Silverstone
Old 16 Aug 2019, 09:53 (Ref:3922957)   #363
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Hope not for me as my dad is due to go to Assen for Cycling the weekend that its traditionally been on.

Will be strange though having the classic in August.

Busy July in Le Mans and Silverstone
Classic date has to be two weeks after GP for logistical reasons. So unless the F1 date moves, that’s it......

It could clash with OldTimer as well as Copenhagen.... ?
Old 18 Aug 2019, 17:59 (Ref:3923275)   #364
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Having just watched the second Mini race on ITV, I wonder if any of the drivers in that got one of the polite letters from Ron?

Shame about the DSQ for the P2 car, but you can’t continually ignore the meatball and subsequent black flag, even if your dragging rear bumper was due to a hit from another car.....
Old 18 Aug 2019, 18:34 (Ref:3923280)   #365
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Having just watched the second Mini race on ITV, I wonder if any of the drivers in that got one of the polite letters from Ron?

Shame about the DSQ for the P2 car, but you can’t continually ignore the meatball and subsequent black flag, even if your dragging rear bumper was due to a hit from another car.....
Trouble is if it comes off it can do a lot of damage to the cars behind, a decent Clerk would be looking to penalise the car that caused the damage.

and in the real world ...................................
Old 18 Aug 2019, 18:54 (Ref:3923285)   #366
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Trouble is if it comes off it can do a lot of damage to the cars behind, a decent Clerk would be looking to penalise the car that caused the damage.

and in the real world ...................................
Exactly. The meatball flag was justified, but there was as much contact shown in the race coverage as at the BTCC races from Thruxton immediately before, and didn’t notice any penalties there......
Old 18 Aug 2019, 20:49 (Ref:3923321)   #367
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
....there was as much contact shown in the race coverage as at the BTCC races from Thruxton immediately before, and didn’t notice any penalties there......
The Clio driver Jack Young has been DQ'd for taking out Max Coates
Old 19 Aug 2019, 05:29 (Ref:3923353)   #368
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by relativtortoise View Post
The Clio driver Jack Young has been DQ'd for taking out Max Coates
Ah, didn’t watch the support races, so thanks for the update.
Old 19 Aug 2019, 07:21 (Ref:3923358)   #369
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The coverage was not up to Ian Titchmarsh usual standards
Had a 356 as a 911 in Pre 63 GT . Got it correct in the end and less said about PreWar stuff the better.
Missed the best part of race which was for third place
Assume problem is most of communicators are my age and have trouble adding two and two.
Old 19 Aug 2019, 07:33 (Ref:3923359)   #370
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I watched the highlights package last night and thought it was pretty poor really. Commentators had no idea what they were talking about. Martin Haven is pretty good with modern stuff but he's not Titchmarsh or indeed Marcus Pye and that's another point, what's happened to him?
Old 19 Aug 2019, 07:41 (Ref:3923361)   #371
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I watched the highlights package last night and thought it was pretty poor really. Commentators had no idea what they were talking about. Martin Haven is pretty good with modern stuff but he's not Titchmarsh or indeed Marcus Pye and that's another point, what's happened to him?
He was doing 750 mc on Youtube last weekend both days for Alpha Live.He doesn't seem to do the big Historic events apart from Spa and Zandvoort.
Old 19 Aug 2019, 07:49 (Ref:3923363)   #372
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
He was at one time the go too commentator for all things historic, then last year at the MM he was banished to the boonies and others were in the main box, likewise at the revival last year he was in the box at St Mary's.
Old 19 Aug 2019, 08:07 (Ref:3923367)   #373
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Marcus was at the Classic as I said hello to him on the Friday morning. Tich is great of course , and whilst HH-F was a very tough act to follow as a colour commentator, I did find Andrew Marriott... err... ..well.. he's very hardworking, know his stuff but he really isn't easy on the ears like Henry was
Old 19 Aug 2019, 11:31 (Ref:3923379)   #374
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Yes, Marcus was at the event, but don’t forget he is a journalist foremost and writes reports for several mags. I guess that commentating normally demands a fee (quite rightly) from the circuit, promoter, club or organiser, and he / others have to earn a living.....
Old 19 Aug 2019, 12:11 (Ref:3923382)   #375
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Yes, Marcus was at the event, but don’t forget he is a journalist foremost and writes reports for several mags. I guess that commentating normally demands a fee (quite rightly) from the circuit, promoter, club or organiser, and he / others have to earn a living.....
Like at the Masters meet this year at Brands.He was in the comms box but wasn't commentating as he was doing the reporting.